United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-03-2013, 09:30 PM
Switching Off

Default Messi

Another record, scored against every La Liga opponent in a row.

Love Ronaldo but Messi is something else

Unread 30-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Neo

Getting bored of him now, tbh.

Little record-setting, monotone, stumpy @#%&!.

When does he break the record for most consistent run of never displaying a personality?

Unread 30-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Rhodzy

Unread 30-03-2013, 09:38 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

Greatest player of all time.
Makes it look so easy that 10th rate sages question his ability & accuse him of doping
If I looked at Messi & Ronadlo he certainly wouldn't be the one I'd assume had been pumped full of roids.

Genius. Simple as that.

Unread 30-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Getting bored of him now, tbh.
Aye, the Barca way is boring as £#%&!. Was discussing this today; it's not a patch on 90s United being a goal down with 3 to play and winning 2-1.

Which is a shame, because he's £#%&!ing amazing.

Batistuta, Salas, Del Piero etc were all fantastic, but this guy is something else. He'll go down better than Pele imho.

Unread 30-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Mr Castro

He's a genius, simple. I think ultimately he'll go down as the greatest ever. He's a joy to watch when he's in full flow.

Unread 30-03-2013, 09:42 PM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Castro
He's a genius, simple. I think ultimately he'll go down as the greatest ever. He's a joy to watch when he's in full flow.
Means £#%&! all, he's got no personality.

Unread 30-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Corrigan
It's pretty well known that privately he has his mates in stitches reciting lines from Uncle Buck.

Unread 30-03-2013, 09:45 PM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
It's pretty well known that privately he has his mates in stitches reciting lines from Uncle Buck.
He looks like a kid, thats his job.

Itv2 on in the switchers household

Unread 30-03-2013, 09:45 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Corrigan
Yes his lack of personality undermine everything he's achieved in the game.

Unread 30-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Yes his lack of personality undermine everything he's achieved in the game.

Unread 30-03-2013, 09:55 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Greatest player of all time.
Still has a way to go IMO. Cruyff, Di Stefano, Maradona and Pele are all still ahead of him, for me.

Cruyff changed the way the game is played, and led arguably the greatest club side ever to three European Cups on the spin.

Di Stefano dominated the game for a decade winning five European Cups in a row, scoring in all five finals, including a hat-trick in the 5th one.

Maradona is one of only two players to virtually single-handedly win a World Cup, as well as taking a small club to championship titles during one of the most competitive eras of league football in history.

Pele is Pele. He won three World Cups and is the greatest goalscorer of all time.

#Sage etc etc, but I still think Messi needs to do something for Argentina, as well as proving himself to be a talisman when Xavi/Iniesta are past their peak. If he does, then he will rightfully go down as the greatest ever. He's the best of the last 20 years, NQAT.

Unread 30-03-2013, 09:57 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Still has a way to go IMO. Cruyff, Di Stefano, Maradona and Pele are all still ahead of him, for me.

Cruyff changed the way the game is played, and led arguably the greatest club side ever to three European Cups on the spin.

Di Stefano dominated the game for a decade winning five European Cups in a row, scoring in all five finals, including a hat-trick in the 5th one.

Maradona is one of only two players to virtually single-handedly win a World Cup, as well as taking a small club to championship titles during one of the most competitive eras of league football in history.

Pele is Pele. He won three World Cups and is the greatest goalscorer of all time.

#Sage etc etc, but I still think Messi needs to do something for Argentina, as well as proving himself to be a talisman when Xavi/Iniesta are past their peak. If he does, then he will rightfully go down as the greatest ever. He's the best of the last 20 years, NQAT.

I wouldn't necessarily argue with any of that.
Pele would always get my vote but you could argue his lack of a Club career in Europe counts against him.
Pro's & cons for all the greats really.

Messi's certainly the best I've seen.

Unread 30-03-2013, 09:58 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
:shakehead:

Unread 30-03-2013, 10:04 PM
jem

messi needs to perform against better opposition. his one eye puts him in a good place right now.

Unread 30-03-2013, 10:09 PM
aardvark

Only ever done it at one club. Maradona is still the best ever. Maybe if Messi can drag the argies to a wc win then he can say he's up there.

Unread 30-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Crumps

Imagine how good Best and Maradonna could have been if they would have grown up with an athletes lifestyle and no succumb to their vices. He's lucky he's so £#%&!ing boring

Unread 30-03-2013, 10:46 PM
Pop

Little bastard.

Unread 30-03-2013, 10:50 PM
irk

I don't like his face

Unread 30-03-2013, 11:03 PM
carlosartorial

The World Cup ffs. Total toss these days.

Messi has done it consistently at a higher level than the World Cup.
Closed Thread