United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-02-2013, 11:26 AM
andyroo

Default David Moyes

Is he really going to Chelsea

Couple of Everton fans I know reckon it's nailed on - and they're glad to be potentially shot of him. They're pleased he kept them stable through the troubled times but think now his chippy underdog attitude is holding them back.

I'm sure borsurs will be devastated...

Unread 25-02-2013, 11:29 AM
silv

glad to be rid of him?? £#%&!ing idiots.

the job he's done there has been absolutely incredible.

Unread 25-02-2013, 11:33 AM
Baron

That seems entirely too sensible & considered for a Chelsea appointment. Surely Johnny flavour of the month Foreigner should be up next, seeing as how it has worked out so well the last dozen or so times they have thrown money at it.

Would be very interesting to see how he does, he's clearly a solid manager but having never once beaten a big side away from home or won anything in decade, or had experience of European football on a regular basis it's a risk.

Wonder if he can attract the 'names' that Chelsea are after as well.

Unread 25-02-2013, 11:38 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
That seems entirely too sensible & considered for a Chelsea appointment. Surely Johnny flavour of the month Foreigner should be up next, seeing as how it has worked out so well the last dozen or so times they have thrown money at it.

Would be very interesting to see how he does, he's clearly a solid manager but having never once beaten a big side away from home or won anything in decade, or had experience of European football on a regular basis it's a risk.

Wonder if he can attract the 'names' that Chelsea are after as well.
I think you'll find the £#%&!ing large bundles of cash they're willing to pay players might go some way towards alleviating that particular problem.

Unread 25-02-2013, 11:46 AM
believe

I look forward to seeing him headbutt, Terry.

Unread 25-02-2013, 11:47 AM
elephantstone

his brief stay there will beef up his retirement pot

Unread 25-02-2013, 11:51 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
his brief stay there will beef up his retirement pot
All good and well until they find out Roman's been paying him in horse meat.

Unread 25-02-2013, 12:02 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
I think you'll find the £#%&!ing large bundles of cash they're willing to pay players might go some way towards alleviating that particular problem.
Quite. However there is something in the mentality of established stars wanting to play for a man like Mourinho, Ancelotti or Guardiola etc. At least plenty say it... I suspect the spondoolies talk louder in the long term. Young players appear to give less of a £#%&! about that, as Hazard showed. The #@&%!.

Unread 25-02-2013, 12:22 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
All good and well until they find out Roman's been paying him in horse meat.

Unread 25-02-2013, 12:28 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv

This x a million

Unread 25-02-2013, 12:36 PM
toseeunited

Everton fans who are happy for him to move on because he's holding them back are jokers. What's holding them back is Everton's reluctance to spend more than they receive in transfer fees. He's done a great job of finding decent players and coaching them into multi-million pound players to keep the club going.

I personally think it will happen, and I think that's one of the reasons that Lampard and Terry won't be there next season; Moyes doesn't do "player power" so The FSW is doing Moyes' dirty work now ready for him taking over with a clean slate and a big transfer kitty in the Summer.

Unread 25-02-2013, 01:45 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
Everton fans who are happy for him to move on because he's holding them back are jokers. What's holding them back is Everton's reluctance to spend more than they receive in transfer fees. He's done a great job of finding decent players and coaching them into multi-million pound players to keep the club going.

I personally think it will happen, and I think that's one of the reasons that Lampard and Terry won't be there next season; Moyes doesn't do "player power" so The FSW is doing Moyes' dirty work now ready for him taking over with a clean slate and a big transfer kitty in the Summer.
I said when they got Benitez that he was only there to get rid of Lampard, Terry etc... He can be the fall guy and then once the problems are cleared a competent manager will be put in place.

The fans already hated him so it's easy to level the blame at him.

Unread 25-02-2013, 02:00 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv

It's the Curbishley - Charlton thing again.

Not sure Moyes will last long at Chelsea if he does go there. Then again, who would?

Unread 25-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger

Not sure Moyes will last long at Chelsea if he does go there. Then again, who would?
I was thinking the same thing.

Unread 25-02-2013, 02:44 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger

Remember speaking to a few of their numpty fans around that time when they were finishing between 7th-11th each season.

"He's incapable of taking us to the next level"

You're Charlton Athletic ffs

Unread 25-02-2013, 02:45 PM
andyroo

With all due respect, Everton aren't Charlton Athletic.

Unread 25-02-2013, 02:56 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
With respect to Everton, they aren't far off. Charlton were a well established premier league side who survived by unearthing young talent/under the radar foreigners and selling them on and playing within their limitations. They were probably more financially stable then Everton too.

Unread 25-02-2013, 03:01 PM
Zorg

I can just see them binning Moyes and getting all giddy over some flavour-of-the-month Heinrich Reckonziez-Topp character.

Unread 25-02-2013, 03:21 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Of course. Charlton aren't a club that shouldn't even be in the top flight. Curbishley's achievements there were absurd.

But it's the same lack of perspective. I don't see any other manager improving on what Moyes does there.

Finishing between 5th and 8th every year. Is it ever likely to get any better than that for them, given their current resources?

Unread 25-02-2013, 03:29 PM
rafabio

Moyes - brilliant job?

he has done a decent job, but the @#%&! has never come close to winning a trophy or beating big teams away from home or playing decent football.

Compare that to laudrup/swansea who have spent £#%&! all, won carling cup, beaten big teams away from home and play some of the best football in premier league.

Chelsea are off their mind if they are going for moyes. first rafa and then moyes, mediocrity here we come
Closed Thread