United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default New system

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop

You look at the system we are playing now and he would have less chance of getting in to our team now than he did last year.
blimey, one PL game for 55 minutes and suddenly it's our system

Fergie wasn't criticised much for letting Pogba get away in the end, it was more how it got to that point that was so disappointing

Unread 09-10-2012, 12:54 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
blimey, one PL game for 55 minutes and suddenly it's our system
I think saf saying "the diamond is our new system" helps.

Unread 09-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I think saf saying "the diamond is our new system" helps.
did he say that as he was telling valencia to warm up

Unread 09-10-2012, 12:58 PM
believe

Quote:
did he say that as he was telling valencia to warm up
no, in the interview afterwards.

Unread 09-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
no, in the interview afterwards.
you little liar. i saw that interview.

if he can develop it in training to be effective on the counter then it will be a useful version of 4-5-1 to role out at appropriate times as the season goes on

Unread 09-10-2012, 01:11 PM
believe

Quote:

if he can develop it in training to be effective on the counter then it will be a useful version of 4-5-1 to role out at appropriate times as the season goes on
it was words to that effect.

Unread 09-10-2012, 01:21 PM
borsuk

Quote:

it's been used in three of the last four games, vs newcastle (league cup), cluj (cl) and newcastle (league). we'll see how it pans out but it looks like more than just an alternative, more like it may be the default formation.

it's not any version of 4-5-1 btw.

Unread 09-10-2012, 01:24 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
it's been used in three of the last four games, vs newcastle (league cup), cluj (cl) and newcastle (league). we'll see how it pans out but it looks like more than just an alternative, more like it may be the default formation.

it's not any version of 4-5-1 btw.
oh it most certainly is

and as for counting in the LC and CL group games? don't be silly.

Unread 09-10-2012, 01:29 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
it was words to that effect.
Yep he said something like "we'll stick with it and see how far it takes us"

Unread 09-10-2012, 01:34 PM
borsuk

Quote:
oh it most certainly is

and as for counting in the LC and CL group games? don't be silly.
last time i checked they were games too. ones in which we tried the formation - a variation on 4-4-2, obviously - before using it in a more difficult game away at newcastle.

we had rvp and welbeck paired in attack with rooney deeper. god knows how you can suggest that was 4-5-1.

Unread 09-10-2012, 01:36 PM
MJ Ramone

throb seething because we played some good stuff without any of his favourites in the side ...he's practically suicidal about Rooney looking sharp too.

poor old throb

Unread 09-10-2012, 01:39 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
throb seething because we played some good stuff without any of his favourites in the side ...he's practically suicidal about Rooney looking sharp too.

poor old throb
I'm just imagining you when Cleverley scored. "But... but... he's got a shit website!"

Unread 09-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Yep he said something like "we'll stick with it and see how far it takes us"
tbf he actually said United "played so well against cluj that we should find out how far we can go with [that diamond] system"

he changed it on 55 minutes

the key to any system is to carry a goal threat. at times United had a great attacking shape in that first 15 minutes, with the 3 forwards dropping off or pulling wide to allow midfielders to join in. But Rooney is not a midfielder, simple as that. Almost from the moment Evra made it 2-0 Newcastle took control of the pattern of the game and United became less and less of an attacking threat right up until Ferguson was forced to change it.

Unread 09-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

poor old throb
a very strange post if I may say so.

the team almost picks itself atm you clown.

Rooney looked a lot better at times but still hasn't scored this season.

Unread 09-10-2012, 01:55 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
a very strange post if I may say so.

the team almost picks itself atm you clown.

Rooney looked a lot better at times but still hasn't scored this season.
You haven't stopped whining about the formation/performance since sunday teatime ffs
Rooney missed a month of the campaign with injury & has been playing (as you keep pointing out) in midfield. I'm sure when he does start finding the net you'll have a few arguments up your sleeve as to why his goals weren't actually that good or that important or something in any case...

Unread 09-10-2012, 01:57 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
last time i checked they were games too. ones in which we tried the formation - a variation on 4-4-2, obviously - before using it in a more difficult game away at newcastle.

we had rvp and welbeck paired in attack with rooney deeper. god knows how you can suggest that was 4-5-1.
New to Throb?

Unread 09-10-2012, 01:59 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

Mostly, Welbeck was furthest forward throughout.

It's debatable whether it was Rooney or Van Persie whose attacking talents were most wasted on Sunday.

Last time I checked, everyone mostly dismissed the early rounds of the LC and the group phase of the CL against minnows most of the time.

Unread 09-10-2012, 02:00 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
New to Throb?
#48.

Unread 09-10-2012, 02:01 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I'm just imagining you when Cleverley scored. "But... but... he's got a shit website!"
I've been talking up Cleverley as a player for ages. He always get's in my first choice 11 & is one of the main reasons I was so opposed to Scholes/Giggs getting so many starts so far this season.
Cleverley's understanding with Rooney in particular is the key to us playing good Football imo

However, his eagerness to become a Beckham'esque 'brand' over the Summer was nauseating enough for me to comment on.

Unread 09-10-2012, 02:09 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I've been talking up Cleverley as a player for ages. He always get's in my first choice 11 & is one of the main reasons I was so opposed to Scholes/Giggs getting so many starts so far this season.
Cleverley's understanding with Rooney in particular is the key to us playing good Football imo

However, his eagerness to become a Beckham'esque 'brand' over the Summer was nauseating enough for me to comment on.
Closed Thread