United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football Auto-Threads

Old 10-09-2010, 02:40 PM
fred tissue

Default Cristiano Ronaldo returns for Real Madrid, confirms José Mourinho

• Portuguese forward recovers from ankle injury
• 'It's a difficult match, he'll play from the start'

The Real Madrid coach, José Mourinho, will deploy Cristiano Ronaldo from the start of tomorrow's La Liga match at home to Osasuna after the Portuguese forward recovered from an ankle injury quicker than expected.

Ronaldo sustained the injury in Real's 0-0 draw at Real Mallorca on the opening day of the season and missed Portugal's European qualifiers at home to Cyprus and away to Norway.

"He'll play," Mourinho said today after Ronaldo successfully completed a training session at the club's facility on the outskirts of the Spanish capital. "He's in good shape and because it's a difficult match he'll play from the start."

Mourinho will be without the midfielders Kaká (knee) and Fernando Gago (knee) and defenders Raúl Albiol (ankle) and Ezequiel Garay (knee).

Kaká, who has been plagued with injury and has failed to live up to expectations since joining Real from Milan for the start of the 2009-10 campaign, had surgery on his knee last month and is expected to be out for another three months.

The Brazil playmaker told Real's website his recovery was progressing well. "I have no pain," he said."It's a month now since the injury and everything is going well. I am doing many hours of physiotherapy and that's helping me a lot."

guardian.co.uk © Guardian News & Media Limited 2010 | Use of this content is subject to our Terms & Conditions | More Feeds

More...