United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Sloane

Default New deals for welbeck and de laet

DANNY WELBECK has sealed his spot in the Old Trafford big time.
The teenage striker is to get a new four-year contract worth £12,000 a week.

Welbeck as broken into Alex Ferguson's first-team squad and the boss wants to make sure he is properly rewarded.

The local lad has made astonishing progress through United's ranks and only a fortnight ago scored the 1-0 Carling Cup winner against Wolves.

At just 18, Welbeck is clearly a ]big part of Fergie's future plans. United have also extended defender Ritchie de Laet's contract until 2012.

The Belgium international, 20, whose deal was due to expire next summer, has impressed since arriving from Stoke in January.

He declared: "Alex Ferguson told me I'm very close to the first team.

"There has been talk of me going out on loan but Sir Alex said I can't leave as he may need me. The new contract is a surprise and fantastic news."

De Laet, who has two Belgian caps, made his league debut in the 1-0 win at Hull in May.

Unread 06-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Time For Heroes

Default Re: New deals for welbeck and de laet

Lovely.

Get them on nice long contracts for when we sell them for around £6m next summer to pay off some more of the debt.

Unread 06-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldosgoodallthetime
Lovely.

Get them on nice long contracts for when we sell them for around £6m next summer to pay off some more of the debt.
every little helps

Unread 06-10-2009, 12:18 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldosgoodallthetime
lovely.

[size="7"]doooooommmmm

Unread 06-10-2009, 12:53 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up Re: New deals for welbeck and de laet

hats off to de laet. i was pretty underwhelmed by the thought of signing a stoke reserve tbh but he's been pretty impressive when i've seen him in the reserves and he didn't look out of place in the first 11 in the cc. you have to wonder wtf stoke were doing if they didn't think he was good enough to get a game.

welbeck is a great prospect.

Unread 06-10-2009, 12:55 PM
Sparky***

de laet deserves to more involved in the first team this year.

he's got full back written all over him. Give him a few games at Right back, because the way things are going we may need JOS at centre back.

Unread 06-10-2009, 12:56 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
hats off to de laet. i was pretty underwhelmed by the thought of signing a stoke reserve tbh but he's been pretty impressive when i've seen him in the reserves and he didn't look out of place in the first 11 in the cc. you have to wonder wtf stoke were doing if they didn't think he was good enough to get a game.

welbeck is a great prospect.
It's a weird one with Delight innit, he really has looked rather impressive when he's played so it's a bit of a mystery why he was a Stoke reserve????

Good news for Welbeck, he's got a fair bit of developing to do, physically if nothing else but i think he's a talented kid.

Unread 06-10-2009, 12:56 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
de laet deserves to more involved in the first team this year.

he's got full back written all over him. Give him a few games at Right back, because the way things are going we may need JOS at centre back.
I might play him at right back now if O' Shea continues to mark players 6 yards away.

Unread 06-10-2009, 12:57 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
Agreed

Unread 06-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
It's a weird one with Delight innit, he really has looked rather impressive when he's played so it's a bit of a mystery why he was a Stoke reserve????

Good news for Welbeck, he's got a fair bit of developing to do, physically if nothing else but i think he's a talented kid.
Angel obviously wasn't a 6'5 20 stone thug when he was there. That's why he left.

Unread 06-10-2009, 12:59 PM
dodger

Quote:
Is it possible some dirty work was done here? Stoke did us a favour by keeping his registration for a few months?

Unread 06-10-2009, 01:00 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldosgoodallthetime
Angel obviously wasn't a 6'5 20 stone thug when he was there. That's why he left.
Aye, probbly true.

Unread 06-10-2009, 01:00 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Is it possible some dirty work was done here? Stoke did us a favour by keeping his registration for a few months?
No idea???

Unread 06-10-2009, 01:02 PM
marlo

so glad for 'big d'

needs to go out and get himself a big boy whip like a range rover sport or something, then start popping bottles in circle with the city boys!

Unread 06-10-2009, 01:04 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
so glad for 'big d'

needs to go out and get himself a big boy whip like a range rover sport or something, then start popping bottles in circle with the city boys!
Or he could not turn into a @#%&!. Perhaps concentrate on football.

Unread 06-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
so glad for 'big d'

he loves a bit of mansion

Unread 06-10-2009, 01:07 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
he loves a bit of mansion
yeah ive heard.

mansion is for them boys while id say the bigger girls go circle or bijou

Unread 06-10-2009, 01:08 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Or he could not turn into a @#%&!. Perhaps concentrate on football.

Unread 06-10-2009, 01:30 PM
MJ Ramone

I really think De Laet could be a very good player.

Danny's got to step up a level. He seems to be coasting at the minute.
Nowhere near threatening the first team strikers.
Needs to toughen up a bit.

Unread 06-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Wellbeck gets a new deal? Why?
Closed Thread