United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-09-2009, 01:04 AM
Spiffy

Default Real and Barca Target Rio Ferdinad.

Quote:
MANCHESTER UNITED are heading for a Ronaldo-style battle to hang on to Rio Ferdinand.
The England defender is a target for Barcelona and Real Madrid - and knows a move to Spain will boost his growing business career.

Ferdinand is under contract until 2013 but United could be tempted to cash in on a player who is 30 and who has suffered from recent injury problems.

A move to Spain would give brand Rio the kind of platform both David Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo have exploited at Madrid.

A source revealed: "Rio can see the sense of it.

"Not only would it be a fresh challenge as he nears the end of his career, it would also fit all his projects off the pitch.

"Rio has big business plans, which are already taking shape, and would really take off if he moved to one of the big Spanish clubs."

Ferdinand's growing portfolio includes running a record label and a football agency. He is also about to launch a lifestyle management company.

Another off-the-field project is #5 Magazine, which uses the latest digital technology.

Elsewhere, the Rio Ferdinand Live The Dream foundation was established last year to give young people from disadvantaged backgrounds the chance to take part in sports, arts and cultural activities.

A launch party in December, costing £495 per head, will feature Prime Minister Gordon Brown as a guest speaker.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...Barcelona.html

Unread 05-09-2009, 01:12 AM
Crumps

I'd want more than they paid for Kaka, He's easily got a good 5 years left at the top level and is unrivalled in the game atm. No one is anywhere complete as him in the game curently and imo is the best centre half since Baresi by quite some distance. Plus he makes Pure look a clueless #@&%! every time he plays (not hard to do tbh but it's still fun)

"Rio can see the sense of it" Oh do £#%&! off you @#%&! of a non existant source

Make him club captain I say.

Unread 05-09-2009, 01:14 AM
History

The story

Unread 05-09-2009, 01:14 AM
moransbleedinghead

after this summer transfer activity, everybody knows that we are skint,and the vultures are already circling.

Unread 05-09-2009, 01:30 AM
Pop

"A source revealed"

Unread 05-09-2009, 01:33 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

It's 'The super soaraway sun!' ffs

Believe it at your peril

Unread 05-09-2009, 01:52 AM
History

I thought rio wasnt rated in spain?

Unread 05-09-2009, 06:29 AM
ScarFace

My closest friend would erm..........not be happy.

Unread 05-09-2009, 06:30 AM
borsuk

:roleyz: eyes

Unread 05-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Harry Flashman

Brand Rio???

Unread 05-09-2009, 08:44 AM
SilverSurfer

Isn't Rio a columnist for the Sun? If so, would seem odd for the Sun to write it without his blessing. Strange story, he's nowhere near the end of his career and never really indicated a desire to leave.

Unread 05-09-2009, 09:03 AM
skcollob

perhaps he's just after another payrise along the lines of JT to city - probably get £#%&!ed off anyway if he is

Unread 05-09-2009, 09:48 AM
Withers

Anyone know who wrote the article?

Was it Custis?

Unread 05-09-2009, 09:54 AM
dunk

meh!

Unread 05-09-2009, 09:58 AM
Aloe Blacc

This is obviously a bullshit story but if any team offered £30m+ for Rio I would take it now.

He's nearing the end at 30, losing his pace, very injury prone too + we have Cathcart and Evans coming up.

Unread 05-09-2009, 10:04 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
This is obviously a bullshit story but if any team offered £30m+ for Rio I would take it now.

He's nearing the end at 30, losing his pace, very injury prone too + we have Cathcart and Evans coming up.
£#%&!-ing hell.

:shakehead:

I think if you check the appearance records, with the exception of the season he was banned and last season, he has been right at the top of the number of appearances.

With every post you make, you illustrate your complete ignorance on the subject of football. Do yourself a favour and just £#%&!ing stop.

Unread 05-09-2009, 10:05 AM
Fountz

Thumbs down This is it... the final straw !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc

This post demonstrates perfectly on so many levels that you really are a completely clueless @#%&!. :shakehead:

You've made me resort, for the first time ever, to putting someone on "ignore"

Unread 05-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
:roleyz: eyes
:lolingz:

Unread 05-09-2009, 10:10 AM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
£#%&!-ing hell.

:shakehead:

I think if you check the appearance records, with the exception of the season he was banned and last season, he has been right at the top of the number of appearances.

With every post you make, you illustrate your complete ignorance on the subject of football. Do yourself a favour and just £#%&!ing stop.
You need to stop deluding yourself, and you should check how many games we played last season, he might have made around 40 appearances in all competitions AT MOST but we had nearly 70 games. And look at how he started this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
This post demonstrates perfectly on so many levels that you really are a completely clueless @#%&!. :shakehead:

You've made me resort, for the first time ever, to putting someone on "ignore"
"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off."

Unread 05-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Sparky***

What's that Rio? You want a new contract?

Let me get right on it.
Closed Thread