Unread 19-05-2009, 12:32 PM
sullers

Scapegoat.

Unread 19-05-2009, 12:37 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullers
Scapegoat.
Nope, pushed out for being an incompetent £#%&!wit. If they think that will satisfy the masses then they are very much out of touch with public opinion (which of course we all know they are).

Unread 19-05-2009, 12:41 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Scapegoat.
more of a fat pig with its nose in the trough than i goat tbh

Unread 19-05-2009, 12:42 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
Nope, pushed out for being an incompetent £#%&!wit. If they think that will satisfy the masses then they are very much out of touch with public opinion (which of course we all know they are).
Nah, I'm with sullers on this. The MP expenses stuff has started to slow down, all the paper previews talked about the latest Telegraph stuff not being as hard hitting as at first; now this pressure on the speaker is taking over greatly.

There should be a consistent push to see real changes & punishments made against MPs, but people here are too easily led by the media and if they're losing interest in the expenses scandal then the public will follow suit.

It's a real shame for democracy that newspapers are privately owned.

Unread 19-05-2009, 12:46 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
Nah, I'm with sullers on this. The MP expenses stuff has started to slow down, all the paper previews talked about the latest Telegraph stuff not being as hard hitting as at first; now this pressure on the speaker is taking over greatly.

There should be a consistent push to see real changes & punishments made against MPs, but people here are too easily led by the media and if they're losing interest in the expenses scandal then the public will follow suit.

It's a real shame for democracy that newspapers are privately owned.
hes in the expenses grabbing shit as deep as most of the others.....hes the one who has been blocking the publication of MPs expenses for over a year.....and youve just paid for his taxi ride to watch Celtic over the weekend

Unread 19-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Albert Tatlock

Why is speaker martin being singled out ?

Yes he handled the situation badly, but there are hundreds of MPs who have had their snouts in the trough. Why haven't the party leaders and the party whips been punished for letting this happen ... it can't be only the fault of the speaker can it.

They should deselect every MP who has made a dishonourable claim, select a new bunch and call a general election.

Unread 19-05-2009, 12:48 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
hes in the expenses grabbing shit as deep as most of the others.....hes the one who has been blocking the publication of MPs expenses for over a year.....and youve just paid for his taxi ride to watch Celtic over the weekend
He's been blocking it because he was 'advised' to...

Unread 19-05-2009, 12:49 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizza Jazza
Why is speaker martin being singled out ?

Yes he handled the situation badly, but there are hundreds of MPs who have had their snouts in the trough. Why haven't the party leaders and the party whips been punished for letting this happen ... it can't be only the fault of the speaker can it.

They should deselect every MP who has made a dishonourable claim, select a new bunch and call a general election.
i think you'll find there is a huge body of opinion that is pushing for exactly what you say....only a matter of time.

Unread 19-05-2009, 12:50 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizza Jazza
He's been blocking it because he was 'advised' to...
hmmmm.....i wonder by whom

worry not Jizza.....the next lot to be under the spotlight are going to be the MEPs

Unread 19-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Scapegoat.
%@#$&!s.

He's in charge of the fees office and he's been living it large himself. Tried to cover up the whole episode. His outburst against MPs like Norman Baker was an outrage. Traditionally, custom and practice dictates the Tories and Labour rotate speakers but Blair ignored that and got this fat freeloading @#%&! in.

Compared to previous speakers like George Thomas, Bernard Weatherall and Betty Boothroyd - he's a maggot, albeit a big one and his performance yesterday was letching drunk Uncle trying to dance at a wedding standard.

Ta ta.

Unread 19-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Fountz

Cool Storm in a teacup

Quote:
i think you'll find there is a huge body of opinion that is pushing for exactly what you say....only a matter of time.
I'm not surpriesd and I'm not really arsed.

All a general election would do would replace one lot that had been creative with their expenses with another lot that also would've been creative with their expenses, however they were never given the opportunity.

Unread 19-05-2009, 12:58 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz

All a general election would do would replace one lot that had been creative with their expenses with another lot that also would've been creative with their expenses, however they were never given the opportunity.
sadly, spot on

Unread 19-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz

Indeed, scrap the whole thing, declare britain a dictatorship and install Tony as emperor for life... we'd all be better off

Unread 19-05-2009, 01:02 PM
Tumescent Throb

scapegoat

what was that story yesterday? a (tory) MP bought some furniture second hand for one house and claimed it on expenses for a 'second home'. And he bought the furniture off Cameron's mother-in-law.

meanwhile:

Quote:
Meanwhile Gordon Brown said no Labour MP who broke expenses rules would stand at the next election.

Unread 19-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Billy Baroo

can someone please explain why that MP that claimed all that for his mortgage isn't being done for fraud

i understand many of them have manipulated the system but that one stood up as straight out thievery and he should be prosecuted, no?

Unread 19-05-2009, 01:13 PM
denis lawless

scapegoat....word of the day

hes as deep in the trough as many of the others.....

as for the rest of them, this is not over yet......i expect to see some of the worst offenders (yes Throbs tory as well as labour) .... in court and others not returning after the next election......but the scale of it all means it will take some time.

Unread 19-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
scapegoat....word of the day

hes as deep in the trough as many of the others.....

as for the rest of them, this is not over yet......i expect to see some of the worst offenders (yes Throbs tory as well as labour) .... in court and others not returning after the next election......but the scale of it all means it will take some time.
All of the deselected ones will be (re)selected by their parties for the next MEP elections so they can get their snouts in the euro troughs instead... at least that one is mostly funded by the Germans

Unread 19-05-2009, 01:20 PM
Ginners

scapegoat

Unread 19-05-2009, 01:21 PM
sullers

goatscape
Closed Thread