United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-01-2009, 10:27 AM
wiganste

Default Come back when you've won 18

1993, our first title for 26 years and everyone was looking forward to the visit to Anfield the following season to let them know we are champions.
A banner in the Kop read "Come back when you've won 18"

They didn't believe that we could do it, in so little time. Also, I'm sure they believed that they would win it again before we reached 18.
Fast forward 16 years and we are 1 behind those @#%&!s. This is why, if we win the league this year, it will be the sweetest yet. The first was an amazing feeling because we had finally won it. 26 years of scraping the odd FA Cup, 1 League Cup and a Cup Winners Cup. Let's face it, we were pretty shit!
Growing up in the 70's & 80's was hard work. We watched the scousers clean up domestically & in Europe and it £#%&!ing hurt. The fights I had at school with the vermin supporters was unreal. And they were right - we were shit and they were the best.

When Leeds beat us to the title in 1992, anyone at Anfield that day when we lost 2-0 would agree it was the worst feeling anyone has ever felt at a football match.
They stopped us from winning the league. They rubbed our £#%&!ing noses in it. They made sure we knew that they £#%&!ed our title hopes.
Now it's our turn. They are now top, they feel like they can win it and no we can rub there noses in it by beating them to the title and making it 18 for ourselves and
making sure that's one less thing they can crow about.

And nothing would give me greater pleasure than knowing that there's thousands of vermin loving kids across the country that are feeling like I did in the 70's & 80's and
having to grow up knowing that their youth was spoilt by United. And hopefully the Utd fans will keep up the tradition that I did and kick £#%&! out of the rat eaters

So, next season at Anfield - if we do make it title number 18, let's make sure we rub there noses in it for 90 mins and maybe ask them where their famous banner is....

Unread 14-01-2009, 10:31 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
1993, our first title for 26 years and everyone was looking forward to the visit to Anfield the following season to let them know we are champions.

They didn't believe that we could do it, in so little time. Also, I'm sure they believed that they would win it again before we reached 18.
Fast forward 16 years and we are 1 behind those @#%&!s. This is why, if we win the league this year, it will be the sweetest yet. The first was an amazing feeling because we had finally won it. 26 years of scraping the odd FA Cup, 1 League Cup and a Cup Winners Cup. Let's face it, we were pretty shit!
Growing up in the 70's & 80's was hard work. We watched the scousers clean up domestically & in Europe and it £#%&!ing hurt. The fights I had at school with the vermin supporters was unreal. And they were right - we were shit and they were the best.

When Leeds beat us to the title in 1992, anyone at Anfield that day when we lost 2-0 would agree it was the worst feeling anyone has ever felt at a football match.
They stopped us from winning the league. They rubbed our £#%&!ing noses in it. They made sure we knew that they £#%&!ed our title hopes.
Now it's our turn. They are now top, they feel like they can win it and no we can rub there noses in it by beating them to the title and making it 18 for ourselves and

And nothing would give me greater pleasure than knowing that there's thousands of vermin loving kids across the country that are feeling like I did in the 70's & 80's and
having to grow up knowing that their youth was spoilt by United. And hopefully the Utd fans will keep up the tradition that I did and kick £#%&! out of the rat eaters

So, next season at Anfield - if we do make it title number 18, let's make sure we rub there noses in it for 90 mins and maybe ask them where their famous banner is....

stop making good post your making the rest of us look shit

Unread 14-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
stop making good post your making the rest of us look shit
Especially with grammar like that.

Unread 14-01-2009, 10:34 AM
plopborsky

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Especially with grammar like that.
whoooooooooooooshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Unread 14-01-2009, 10:38 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

That's not a whooosh

Or is it

Unread 14-01-2009, 10:39 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
That's not a whooosh

Or is it

Unread 14-01-2009, 10:39 AM
denis lawless

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...58&postcount=7

lets win it first.....then let the party begin...

Unread 14-01-2009, 10:40 AM
The Watcher

"Oh Ah Cantona? Come Back When You've Won 18"

That was the banner. And another one one the Kremlyn Road - Yellow & Red with "18 Times" on it. Things like that stick in the mind. I hate those £#%&!ing bastards more then anyone. Once we overtake their League record, they've nothing left. Yea, they have more European Cups - but their murdering antics at Heysel overshadow it. £#%&!'em - Fergie said he'd knock them off their £#%&!ing perch and that's exactly what I hope we do this season!

Unread 14-01-2009, 10:41 AM
HarkNowHear

I never thought I would ever see us win it again. It has been superb for some time.

Good post

Unread 14-01-2009, 10:52 AM
Bunker Buster

Great post......

I hope Every player at United realise what it would mean to us....

We have to push on from this Chelsea result and start firing on all cylinders....

The sound of Scouse necks snapping as they look behind them should be deafening.........

They know were coming, they know we know how to Win it....the nerves are starting to show and their spineless £#%&!ing staff and players are already aware of this.

The 'Liverpool era' is firmly over....And no amount of back passes or penalty shoot outs can change that......The magical time has gone some in the media and the Shit chuckers down the East Lancs cant seem to grasp this.....

Winning the league this year is more important than any other competition...

Unread 14-01-2009, 10:53 AM
red @rmy

0-0 bore draw tonight. yhihf.

Unread 14-01-2009, 11:03 AM
Crumps

Seriously, give Ste his login back.

Unread 14-01-2009, 11:05 AM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Seriously, give Ste his login back.
beat me to it

Unread 14-01-2009, 11:05 AM
neworder

Quote:

great post ste

Unread 14-01-2009, 11:25 AM
The Return of JC

I like how they used to keep holding up the '18+4' signs. Now they don't bother with the 18 and just hold up '5'.

'Forever In Our Shadow' say the same supporters who use numbers to define success. Surely if we catch up then we cease to be in shadow?

'Forever In Our Shadow...unless you catch up...(gulp)...'

Unread 14-01-2009, 11:46 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I like how they used to keep holding up the '18+4' signs. Now they don't bother with the 18 and just hold up '5'.

'Forever In Our Shadow' say the same supporters who use numbers to define success. Surely if we catch up then we cease to be in shadow?

'Forever In Our Shadow...unless you catch up...(gulp)...'
The European Cups willl come, I'm sure of that. We just need to reach 18 and then pass it in the next couple of years, leaving them in our slipstream.

The older generation of Liverpool fans will go nuts when we end up having more titles than them.

Unread 14-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Just got back from Mexico, was watching the match out there on Sun and 2 scousers sat next to us.

All they kept on saying was it's our year! This is our year!

They were nearly in tears as the second and third went in!

I politely reminded them that they have been saying it's 'their year' for the past 10 but unfortunately it was ours last year and will likely be ours this year too

Unread 14-01-2009, 11:52 AM
BarryX

I only hope your final entry is as good as that post. If so, it will be a no brainer.

If we can do it again in Europe, this year, it will be even sweeter. Then next year play them in the final.

Unread 14-01-2009, 11:52 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
The European Cups willl come, I'm sure of that. We just need to reach 18 and then pass it in the next couple of years, leaving them in our slipstream.

The older generation of Liverpool fans will go nuts when we end up having more titles than them.
Frankly, I think we're already there. They could brag when we sat on 7 or 8 because it's a £#%&!in' mile off 18. Same with the European Cups 4 v 1 doesn't cut it. You'd be pretty stupid to brag about having 1 more league title or 1 more European cup. We don't brag about having a couple more FA Cups than them.
Point is, we used to be streets behind them. Now we're not. And they know it. And it hurts them. And that's funny.

Unread 14-01-2009, 11:54 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
I only hope your final entry is as good as that post. If so, it will be a no brainer.

If we can do it again in Europe, this year, it will be even sweeter. Then next year play them in the final.
I'll have my entry this weekend. Getting the ingredients sorted as we speak..
Closed Thread