Originally Posted by waynes ear's
i suggest running the football
I don't know what we're on about.

Unread 07-01-2009, 09:49 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I don't know what we're on about.

but yeah with Chelsea in mind, i'd go with the same line up, minus Nani, he annoys the £#%&!ing christ out of me

Unread 07-01-2009, 09:53 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

but yeah with Chelsea in mind, i'd go with the same line up, minus Nani, he annoys the £#%&!ing christ out of me
Thought he was OK on Sunday and we have to get him games or give up entirely. I prefer the former and this is a perfect opportunity.

Unread 07-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Whalefish

Wellbeck as the lone striker, five man midfield. Tevez on the sidelines stroking his midget #@&%! and thinking of Spain. Or City.

Unread 07-01-2009, 10:01 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Wellbeck as the lone striker, five man midfield. Tevez on the sidelines stroking his midget #@&%! and thinking of Spain. Or City.
Doubt we'd go with Welbeck on his own up front to be honest. Could give Rooney a run out, he didn't start on sunday after all and I'm sure he wants to. Is Tevez off to Real then?

Unread 07-01-2009, 10:03 AM
Whalefish

No idea. Love the player, but I'm 31 (32 in a few weeks). I really don't give a monkey's if he goes or stays I don't get that attached to a player these days. Unless he's called Patrice Evra.

Unread 07-01-2009, 10:05 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
No idea. Love the player, but I'm 31 (32 in a few weeks). I really don't give a monkey's if he goes or stays I don't get that attached to a player these days. Unless he's called Patrice Evra.
Yup, if he wants to go there, then he should, we'll replace him, we always do.

Unread 07-01-2009, 10:06 AM
denis lawless

we need to be careful of the "new manager" syndrome.....we usually fall for it

Unread 07-01-2009, 10:08 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
we need to be careful of the "new manager" syndrome.....we usually fall for it
I wonder if that's true? Not having a pop, just wondering.

Unread 07-01-2009, 10:09 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
I wonder if that's true? Not having a pop, just wondering.
its true...Derby have a new manager

Unread 07-01-2009, 10:14 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
No, I know that, I wonder if we have a worse record against newlay appointed managers.

Unread 07-01-2009, 10:20 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
No, I know that, I wonder if we have a worse record against newlay appointed managers.
i do have that impression....one that sticks in my mind is West Ham away a couple of season ago...im sure there have been a couple of other ocassions were we've dropped points after the opposition changed managers just before we played them....im thinking Pompey but im sure its happened a couple of times in recent seasons

Unread 07-01-2009, 10:21 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
He doesn't start until after this game

The last time we played a team who had a manager starting after their game with us was Newcastle at home last year when we won 6 - 0

Unread 07-01-2009, 10:30 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
He doesn't start until after this game

The last time we played a team who had a manager starting after their game with us was Newcastle at home last year when we won 6 - 0
im not saying it happens every time....but we have been caught out before by the new manager bounce.....and we need to beware...

he may well start after the game but there will be a fresh air of optimism around the place as a result and players will be wanting to impress their new boss.....not to mention raising their game cos its United coming to town

Unread 07-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
im not saying it happens every time....but we have been caught out before by the new manager bounce.....and we need to beware...

he may well start after the game but there will be a fresh air of optimism around the place as a result and players will be wanting to impress their new boss.....not to mention raising their game cos its United coming to town

I agree

Home as well

Its a tough one - Don't want to play a strong team with Chelsea on Sunday and them having a rest in the week.

Don't want to go back to OT having to play another game

Unread 07-01-2009, 10:36 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
I agree

Home as well

Its a tough one - Don't want to play a strong team with Chelsea on Sunday and them having a rest in the week.

Don't want to go back to OT having to play another game
That is inevitable though?

Unread 07-01-2009, 10:44 AM
antonin jablonsky

Derby have a reasonably good winger called Commons.

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
That is inevitable though?

I mean have to score or worry if they score.

Want to be a couple of goals to the good, then pass them into submission at our place
Closed Thread