United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-12-2008, 02:33 AM
Part 36 Offer

Football Roy Hodgson - One of the best managers in the Premiership

He's done a fantastic job at Fulham without getting the credit he deserves.

Seems like a sound bloke, too.

Unread 01-12-2008, 10:05 AM
elephantstone

he has done a great job there on a limited budget and with a chairman that is looking to sell the club.

Unread 01-12-2008, 10:07 AM
redrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
He's done a fantastic job at Fulham without getting the credit he deserves.

Seems like a sound bloke, too.
I always wondered what all the fuss about him was, but I agree with you whole-heartedly now. Fulham were certs for the drop in my book, and they still might go, but I'm not counting my chickens on that game in hand we've got against them anymore!

Unread 01-12-2008, 10:18 AM
The Return of JC

Agree with the sentiment, but honestly cannot think of anyone who is wetter or more obvious-stating than him.

In the last few weeks he has apologised for derailing Liverpool's title bid and said 'our thoughts are with him' in reference to Gomes' £#%&! up at Fulham FFS, he's not dead, Woy!

But yeah, he's done a first class job there. Fulham have gone from relegation certs to a decent side with some quality players. Every credit to him.

And he was speaking Norwegian on Match of the Day 2 last night.

Unread 01-12-2008, 11:21 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Agree with the sentiment, but honestly cannot think of anyone who is wetter or more obvious-stating than him.

In the last few weeks he has apologised for derailing Liverpool's title bid and said 'our thoughts are with him' in reference to Gomes' £#%&! up at Fulham FFS, he's not dead, Woy!

But yeah, he's done a first class job there. Fulham have gone from relegation certs to a decent side with some quality players. Every credit to him.

And he was speaking Norwegian on Match of the Day 2 last night.
Baptism of fire

Unread 01-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Rhodzy

I like his voice.

Unread 01-12-2008, 11:39 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Batism of fire
Be funny if it was just coincidence and that meant something completely different in Norwegian.

Unread 01-12-2008, 11:49 AM
armchair

Much more respected around europe than at home.

Unread 01-12-2008, 12:55 PM
dodger

Considering he took over a side managed by a third division manager whol turned it into a rest home for Northern Ireland squad players he has done very well. I preferred him when he made a @#%&! out of himself at Blackburn though

Unread 01-12-2008, 01:47 PM
sweetleftfoot

He talks like Harry H Corbett.

I like that.

Unread 01-12-2008, 08:47 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
he has done a great job there on a limited budget and with a chairman that is looking to sell the club.

His teams always play the right way, as well.

I've got a bit of a soft spot for Fulham these days

Unread 01-12-2008, 09:43 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
He talks like Harry H Corbett.

I like that.
kinnear does too. he's like harry h corbett with tourettes.

Unread 28-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Part 36 Offer

More booing at The Emirates, nice one Big Roy

Unread 28-02-2009, 09:14 PM
J_RED

Didn't he do a shit Job at Rovers , is this not the same Fulham who have 3 goals away from home all year not a good manager by any standards its a bit like saying mourinho is a better manager than Ferie because of two seasons IMO. I like Hodgson but he is by no means a good manager

Unread 28-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_RED
Didn't he do a shit Job at Rovers , is this not the same Fulham who have 3 goals away from home all year
And were absolutely awful against us. Good home form, but beyond shit on the road. Don't think he's doing a particularly better or worse job than any of the other managers in that area of the table tbh.

Unread 28-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Grimson

I watched the game today tho, they played really well. Could have taken 3 points and been good value for it.

Unread 28-02-2009, 09:25 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Didn't he do a shit Job at Rovers , is this not the same Fulham who have 3 goals away from home all year not a good manager by any standards its a bit like saying mourinho is a better manager than Ferie because of two seasons IMO. I like Hodgson but he is by no means a good manager

Saved them from relegation when they were all but down then guides them into the top 8 in a year, very good going if you ask me. They play some decent stuff at home, too.

Most managers have difficult spells. He was very good at Blackburn in his first season, got them into the Europe if memory serves me.

He worked wonders for Switzerland, too.

Unread 28-02-2009, 09:34 PM
J_RED

Quote:
Saved them from relegation when they were all but down then guides them into the top 8 in a year, very good going if you ask me. They play some decent stuff at home, too.

Most managers have difficult spells. He was very good at Blackburn in his first season, got them into the Europe if memory serves me.

He worked wonders for Switzerland, too.
I suppose it depends on your standards but i seem to recall Coleman having a good year or two at Fulham , he has hardly had zero spends, and has no clue away from home if you look at this season instead of this afternoon. I just don't believe that makes him under-rated , i mean how could you under rate that

plus you have to consider that wigan ( a much smaller club than even Fulham ) are above them in the table or at least were before today ( not look ed at the league today as there really is no need ) also one victory or defeat can mean 7 or 8 places the way the mid to bottom half is looking so you can't read anything at all into them being 8th.

Unread 28-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

plus you have to consider that wigan ( a much smaller club than even Fulham ) are above them in the table or at least were before today ( not look ed at the league today as there really is no need ) also one victory or defeat can mean 7 or 8 places the way the mid to bottom half is looking so you can't read anything at all into them being 8th.

So by your logic Fulham are over achieving because they themselves are above teams who have all spent more - City, Newcastle, Sunderland, Spurs. Maybe even Bolton, who spent a bit on Elmander

They've been in the top half for a while now, it's not by accident.

Unread 28-02-2009, 09:51 PM
J_RED

Quote:
So by your logic Fulham are over achieving because they themselves are above teams who have all spent more - City, Newcastle, Sunderland, Spurs. Maybe even Bolton, who spent a bit on Elmander

They've been in the top half for a while now, it's not by accident.
so by your logic i can quote your post and then pick out two words at random and then argue against those two , i choose are and teams and say you are wrong cos fulham are only one team. seriously tho am not saying Roy Hodgson is not a nice bloke or i hate Fulham ( i don't) just saying i dont see how a draw against Arsenal ( who many sides have got results against this year) does not make Roy a good manager. I may be wrong but i doubt you would have started this thread last week ?
Closed Thread