United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-11-2008, 08:33 PM
borsuk

Default did the ref publicly declare open season on cristiano ronaldo and patrice evra today?

or did he just leave it for everyone to work out for themselves?

and since when was shoulder to shoulder illegal? fine to go studs up over the ball into ronnie's ankle, or to just kick evra while he's heading the ball, but heaven £#%&!ing forbid vidic should shield a ball he has under control in playing distance. ffs.

and what the £#%&! is that three minutes injury time all about? there were at least four stoppages for players to receive treatment there. £#%&!ing ridiculous.

against a villa side that negative it's two points most definitely dropped. still, the scouse drop two at home against fulham, chelsea drop two at home against newcastle and the arse lose so it's not all that bad. and once we get shitty out of the way we'll have all our really tough aways behind us.

defence was more solid today, i thought. rio looked fast and strong again - the break has done it's job. i thought park was very good, rooney creative and carrick and giggs very solid. just lacked finishing today.

when does the real tevez come back? anyone know?

Unread 22-11-2008, 08:36 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

and since when was shoulder to shoulder illegal? fine to go studs up over the ball into ronnie's ankle, or to just kick evra while he's heading the ball, but heaven £#%&!ing forbid vidic should shield a ball he has under control in playing distance. ffs.

and what the £#%&! is that three minutes injury time all about? there were at least four stoppages for players to receive treatment there. £#%&!ing ridiculous.

against a villa side that negative it's two points most definitely dropped. still, the scouse drop two at home against fulham, chelsea drop two at home against newcastle and the arse lose so it's not all that bad. and once we get shitty out of the way we'll have all our really tough aways behind us.

defence was more solid today, i thought. rio looked fast and strong again - the break has done it's job. i thought park was very good, rooney creative and carrick and giggs very solid. just lacked finishing today.

That Pen decision was a £#%&!ing joke.

Vidic did pull him back outside the box but when he got inside he clearly won the £#%&!ing ball, yet Burley continues to say it's a pen..

Unread 22-11-2008, 08:41 PM
dinger

[quote=borsuk;1259178]or did he just leave it for everyone to work out for themselves?

when does the real tevez come back? anyone know?[/QUOTE]

As soon as he stops nailing that slag that was in the rags and his missus brings his kid home.

Unread 22-11-2008, 08:42 PM
magic_cantona

But it's OK 'cos the crowd shout 'cheat' really loudly at Ronaldo.

Unread 22-11-2008, 08:42 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
But it's OK 'cos the crowd shout 'cheat' really loudly at Ronaldo.
Yeh yet Ashley Young took a "dive" in the 2nd half

Ronaldo just needs to get up and stop moaning, everytime he loses the ball he looks towards the referee.

Unread 22-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Sparky***

Not the first time this season that Ronaldo has taken a few lumps whilst the ref stood and watched, it won't be the last either.

The price you pay unfortunately when the media ram a certain image of you down the public's throats 24/7. "Ronaldo the diver", "Ron the winker", "Ronaldo Cheat Storm"...... The refs see this and whether it's conscious or not, they allow this along with the baying 40,000 strong mob to influence their decisions.

Unread 22-11-2008, 08:44 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

Ronaldo just needs to get up and stop moaning, everytime he loses the ball he looks towards the referee.
.....and doesn't chase back.

Put the team first Ronnie, for £#%&! sake.

Unread 22-11-2008, 08:45 PM
utd99

I agree about the defence, thought Vidic was man of the match by a comfortable distance.

Disagree about the rest. Park is a hard working journeyman, no more no less, so expectations of him are low to begin with, in that context he was ok.

Rooney way off his top game. On form he'd have hit that ball first time and it would have broken the net.

Ronaldo couldn't trap a sandbag at the moment.

Tevez is obviously not right in the head right now and he's very slow.

Carrick did fine without having the killer pass that's his best asset.

Giggs was pretty anonymous apart from a couple of good corners.

Anderson was absolute gash for the short time he was on, and Nani did what Nani does, couple of good deliveries from set plays and holding the ball too long.

Our best player, by form, was left on the bench and the worst player in the squad was in at right back...

Unread 22-11-2008, 08:47 PM
Wafty Crank

Quote:

Agree with most of that, but Park was utter shite, I can't remember the last time a United player hit opposing players with such a high percentage of his passes. Shocking.

Decent performance from Giggs in the middle.

Unread 22-11-2008, 08:47 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
.....and doesn't chase back.

Put the team first Ronnie, for £#%&! sake.
He's world player of the year, he dont need to track back

Forgot that the rest of the squad got him to that spot last season.

Unread 22-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Tiberian

He goes down too easily How often is that said about Ronaldo. Why should he stay on his feet when defenders are given license to kick him. He gets so little protection, he gets free kicks initially but then the refs get caught up in the crowds anger and stop giving them. Add to that the fact that you seem to have 4/5 fouls each before the ref considers a yellow.

Ronaldo is a cheat but those who go out to kick skillful players out of the game are good honest players. How bizaare is that logic?

Unread 22-11-2008, 08:49 PM
King Schlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

Agreed. He got a few kicks today but the way he acted throughout the game really £#%&!ed me off. Proper £#%&!ing slapped arse.

Unread 22-11-2008, 08:50 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Schlong
Agreed. He got a few kicks today but the way he acted throughout the game really £#%&!ed me off. Proper £#%&!ing slapped arse.
See Stoke last weekend aswell, pathetic.

Also he's lost his head a couple of times this season

Seems to think he's bigger than the club

Unread 22-11-2008, 08:52 PM
utd99

And as an aside, when the £#%&! are referees going to MAKE the wall go back 10 yards? If it were me I'd give them 2 chances then book the £#%&!ing lot of them, that'll teach them

At least three times in that game the wall was 6/7 yards away..no wonder Ronnie keeps hitting it.

If I were the taker, i'd refuse to take it.

Unread 22-11-2008, 08:58 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
And as an aside, when the £#%&! are referees going to MAKE the wall go back 10 yards? If it were me I'd give them 2 chances then book the £#%&!ing lot of them, that'll teach them

At least three times in that game the wall was 6/7 yards away..no wonder Ronnie keeps hitting it.

If I were the taker, i'd refuse to take it.
there was a ref that did something similar last week, wasn't there? ended up booking two players for encroaching and each time got the kick taken again.

i don't think park is a journeyman. i think he's a very very good player. anderson was shocking, true. tevez, though, was worse.

yet again, we really really missed fletcher.

Unread 22-11-2008, 09:06 PM
wonky no

Quote:

we gave as good as we got and the ref was sound imo

Unread 22-11-2008, 09:26 PM
utd99

Quote:
i don't think park is a journeyman. i think he's a very very good player. anderson was shocking, true. tevez, though, was worse.

Our appreciation of Park is magnified by the fact that he does the donkey work that our other wide man refuses to do. But a 'very very good player' would have way more of an impact on games than he does.

I thought he was a much better player at PSV actually.

Unread 22-11-2008, 09:29 PM
plopborsky

travel 10000000 of miles and tell me how well u could play

Unread 22-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Tiberian

Park was a threat in the first half, got into good positions. The problem is that when in these positions he lacks both the quality and composure to take advantage of them. He is a useful player, links up well with the rest of the players, but he simply does not produce enough individually to be a long term starter.

It is time to give Nani a run of games, especially if we are going to continue to play 4-4-2. he gives Utd another threat on the other wing, a goal scoring and creative danger. he is frustrating but too often when teams double up on Ronaldo we struggle for penetration.

With Park and O'Shea down the right hand side it is fairly pedestrian.

Unread 22-11-2008, 09:42 PM
The Mull

Quote:

. Good post sir
Closed Thread