United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-02-2013, 07:20 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
In terms of results, Pulis has done an outstanding job too. Can't stand him or Stoke, but they are very good at what they do.

Also, who really gives a shit about the Carling Cup? Moyes taking Everton into the top four is a greater achievement.
Who gives a shit about coming 4th? Given the choice I'll take the trophy every time.

Unread 25-02-2013, 08:24 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Remember speaking to a few of their numpty fans around that time when they were finishing between 7th-11th each season.

"He's incapable of taking us to the next level"

You're Charlton Athletic ffs
Well, they were certainly at a different "level" a few years after he left. If you mean the third tier of English football, that is

Unread 25-02-2013, 08:43 PM
Tumescent Throb

From the outside looking in Moyes has done a good job.

But Everton fans are right to want more than that, and Moyes' team has had some terrific periods of great results and performances that have always tailed off into ordinariness...

Whether that's his own limitations, the club's or the players' doesn't matter, it's still a pattern. Everton have won 1 trophy since 1987 and although Moyes has got them near a position to challenge he hasn't quite sustained it.

Why shouldn't Everton fans aspire to greater things?

Unread 25-02-2013, 08:46 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Because they're scouse bastards.

Unread 25-02-2013, 08:48 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
apart from that though

Unread 25-02-2013, 08:51 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
From the outside looking in Moyes has done a good job.

But Everton fans are right to want more than that, and Moyes' team has had some terrific periods of great results and performances that have always tailed off into ordinariness...

Whether that's his own limitations, the club's or the players' doesn't matter, it's still a pattern. Everton have won 1 trophy since 1987 and although Moyes has got them near a position to challenge he hasn't quite sustained it.

surprised he survived after their truly pathetic performance in the semi-final against a truly shite Dippers team last season, they would never have a better chance of ending their long wait for a trophy

the top four was there for the taking this year and they appear to have bottled that too

even if he wins the cup this year, which I doubt he will, I can't see the point of him staying on at Goodison

Unread 25-02-2013, 09:02 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Who gives a shit about coming 4th? Given the choice I'll take the trophy every time.
You'd really take the Capital One Cup over Champions League qualification? Besides, the point was more that finishing in the top four is tougher to achieve than winning a cup half the top-flight clubs doesn't care about.

I can understand if Everton fans aren't happy with the brand of football. But in terms of results, they tend to finish between 5th and 8th every season. To demand better is essentially to demand they break into the top four. There's little basis for such expectations.

Unread 25-02-2013, 09:02 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
There is a fine line between that and delusionality, though - as we know from their near neighbours

Unread 25-02-2013, 09:32 PM
NinoyAquino

Don't think Moyes will go to Chelsea. Do however think he's nailed on for Arsenal.

My old boss (who is also Moyes boss) is very friendly with the arsenal board. Moyes and wenger also good pals. There is no way he (BK) will get rid of Moyes (look how long it took him to get rid if Walter smith ffs) and think he will push him to move to the Gooners if he's not signing a new deal. There's no question for me that Wenger will step aside at the end of the season btw.

Fwiw, anyone who thinks he should be United boss needs their head examining. A reactionary yes man with a chip on his shoulder. Would rather have Mick McCarthy in charge.

Unread 25-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
There is a fine line between that and delusionality, though - as we know from their near neighbours
don't think they expect it at everton, they just aspire to it and it's reached the stage now where under moyes they can't take that last step.

whether they could with another management team is another question and £#%&! knows who they'd end up with if he goes. then again, Moyes was just another manager showing promise when everton snapped him up from preston, so there's no reason just to assume they couldn't replace him and improve.

Unread 25-02-2013, 10:08 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinoyAquino
Don't think Moyes will go to Chelsea. Do however think he's nailed on for Arsenal.

My old boss (who is also Moyes boss) is very friendly with the arsenal board. Moyes and wenger also good pals. There is no way he (BK) will get rid of Moyes (look how long it took him to get rid if Walter smith ffs) and think he will push him to move to the Gooners if he's not signing a new deal. There's no question for me that Wenger will step aside at the end of the season btw.

Fwiw, anyone who thinks he should be United boss needs their head examining. A reactionary yes man with a chip on his shoulder. Would rather have Mick McCarthy in charge.
'A reactionary yes man'. Isn't that a bit of a contradiction in terms?

Unread 25-02-2013, 11:50 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
You'd really take the Capital One Cup over Champions League qualification?
I think Swansea would, tbh. This might not be such a bad question to ask Arsenal fans, either

Unread 26-02-2013, 10:58 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Good point, well made.
Closed Thread