United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-04-2008, 10:55 AM
Arnold Muhren

If it was certain other players...<cough cough> Saha...then I'd have my doubts but Lampard whilst being a @#%&! of epic proportions isnt a shirker. His 100+ game streak says its all.

Unread 23-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
If it was certain other players...<cough cough> Saha...then I'd have my doubts but Lampard whilst being a @#%&! of epic proportions isnt a shirker. His 100+ game streak says its all.
If anyone in Louis' family is getting pneumonia it's Louis.

Unread 23-04-2008, 11:01 AM
no fun

I would normally have some sympathy, but ever since Lampard expressed his support for Cameron and his Tory fascists it has vanished

Unread 23-04-2008, 11:02 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
I wouldn't think twice to be honest. Also, if we had a star player and we insisted that he played instead of seeing his ill mother, I'd expect a demotivated player and someone who doesn't feel valued.

If this was any player at any club before any game, I'd expect them to be sent to see their mother whether the player wanted it or not.
no one needs to force him to play. he should be making himself available to play,

its not like he works a nine to five. chelsea players finish training by about 11am every morning. he can be with her everyday.

funny how he makes himself available for yesterdays game

Unread 23-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
I would normally have some sympathy, but ever since Lampard expressed his support for Cameron and his Tory fascists it has vanished
Maybe he just wants to ensure Gordon Brown and Alistair Darling don't £#%&! up the country more than they already have done.

Unread 23-04-2008, 11:05 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
no one needs to force him to play. he should be making himself available to play,

its not like he works a nine to five. chelsea players finish training by about 11am every morning. he can be with her everyday.

Did he miss away at Derby? I bet he didn't. You are implying that he's picking and choosing his games, he isn't. Maybe the timing is coincidental, don't judge others by your standards.

Unread 23-04-2008, 11:05 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Maybe he just wants to ensure Gordon Brown and Alistair Darling don't £#%&! up the country more than they already have done.
no way

hes a tory, therefore all he will care about is himself

Unread 23-04-2008, 11:11 AM
Whatever

Quote:

It coincides with his mum's condition getting better and nothing more than that.

Unread 23-04-2008, 11:15 AM
Ed Sullivan

Are we talking 'sick' as in ill or 'sick' as in 'maaan, those rhymes were sick ya'll'

Unread 23-04-2008, 11:16 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever
It coincides with his mum's condition getting better and nothing more than that.
Well that shows what a good job he's been doing down at the hospital

Unread 23-04-2008, 11:17 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
If anyone in Louis' family is getting pneumonia it's Louis.

Unread 23-04-2008, 11:20 AM
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Let's hope no one in your family ever gets ill and you may want to be at their bedside...

Unread 23-04-2008, 11:23 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger

Unread 23-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Why Don?

If he's missed two games let's say that means he's had at least a week off to be with his mum.

Fair enough but how many of us on here would be allowed to take that much time off?

Surely we would be told to visit in our own time?

I'm not saying he shouldn't go, just wondering what his options would be if he didn't have the luxury of having a number of people extremely keen to cover for him at a moment's notice.

I'm interested for future reference.

Cheers.

Unread 23-04-2008, 11:32 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever
Let's hope no one in your family ever gets ill and you may want to be at their bedside...
Nah, it's never happened to me....

Unread 23-04-2008, 11:34 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Don?
If he's missed two games let's say that means he's had at least a week off to be with his mum.

Fair enough but how many of us on here would be allowed to take that much time off?

Surely we would be told to visit in our own time?

I'm not saying he shouldn't go, just wondering what his options would be if he didn't have the luxury of having a number of people extremely keen to cover for him at a moment's notice.

I'm interested for future reference.

Cheers.
also interesting that he works at maximum 3 hours a day.

he left before the wigan game the other day 5 minutes before kick off. surely he could have delayed his departure by 90 minutes.

Unread 23-04-2008, 11:39 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Lets put this into perspective.
Most companies would give you a couple of days leave if your mum was ill, reports suggest she is not about to die (yes she could but doesn't seem likely).
Footballers are usually home for 12pm every day, could he not visit her in the afternoon, are you telling me he has spent 8am-8pm at her bedside, if so fair £#%&!s to him but I doubt it.

Unread 23-04-2008, 11:50 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Lets put this into perspective.
Most companies would give you a couple of days leave if your mum was ill, reports suggest she is not about to die (yes she could but doesn't seem likely).
Footballers are usually home for 12pm every day, could he not visit her in the afternoon, are you telling me he has spent 8am-8pm at her bedside, if so fair £#%&!s to him but I doubt it.
no need for any sort of common sense on this thread mate.

just see what marlo is on about and bat for the other team

Unread 23-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Withers

Quote:

If your Mum was ill and work said "Take a few days off but you can still do your accountancy exams next week" what would you say?

Unread 23-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Why Don?

Revise by her bedside.
Closed Thread