Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Exclamation Your 2009

Rating out of 10: 7.3

United highlight: Arsenal away EC Semis
United lowlight: Fc Cardigan EC Final

Personal highlight: Nothing that outshines everything else really. Smooth year really.
Personal lowlight: Microdots. The singular worst 10 hours of my life.

Person of 2009: James Ellroy

Scumbag of 2009: Brian Cowen/Rafa Benitez

Lesson learnt: Don't take strong mind altering drugs.

Unread 02-12-2009, 12:19 PM
forzagarza

Default Re: Your 2009

Price of packs of 36 jaffa cakes in recent weeks has brought it up to a 6.2

Somerfield £1.35
Morrisons £1.29
Tesco £1.00

Up until that it was a 3. Tomorrow might be good.

Unread 02-12-2009, 12:19 PM
dunk

Rating 3, if that.

Highlight - United winning the League.

Lowlight - Far too many to list here.

Unread 02-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Ginners

my local tesco had sold out of the packs of 36 jaffa cakes, some spotty oink reccomended their own brand. £#%&! right off.

that brought it down to a 7.9, if they get some more stock in before the year end it will go up to 8.1.

Unread 02-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

What a shit idea for a thread in fairness.

Unread 02-12-2009, 12:58 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
What a shit idea for a thread in fairness.
wasnt one of your best. actually yes it is.

Unread 02-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up Re: Your 2009

United highlight: Owen goal vs the Bitter Blue Bastards
United lowlight: Barca

Personal highlight: Quiglet appearing
Personal lowlight:Hospickle stress

Person of 2009: Elon Musk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elon_Musk

Scumbag of 2009: Jordan/Katie Price

Lesson learnt: Life is everything

Jaffa Cakes fluctuate between the 3 and 5 Libyan Dinar depending on the location of the shop and when the latest Jaffa load was shot over the Tripoli port.

3LYD - year is 8.3
5LYD - year is 7.76 recurring.

Unread 02-12-2009, 01:06 PM
toseeunited

Rating out of 10: 9

United highlight: Arse away EC Semi, and Rome (the trip)

United lowlight: Rome (the game)

Personal highlight: Quite a few - first full year owning my apartment, met my new bird (January) who now lives with me, managed to do well in work and get a pay rise, and was best man at my mate's wedding.

Personal lowlight: Lost a friend in a motorbike accident, colleagues who had become mates being made redundant.

Person of 2009: Rafa Benitez

Scumbag of 2009: My old boss (@#%&!) - he's been sent packing now.

Lesson learnt: Another year older, where the £#%&! did this year go: Live your life and say yes more than you say no - you'll be surprised how much different it can make things turn out

Unread 02-12-2009, 01:06 PM
elephantstone

we won the league, lost the European cup, lost Ronaldo - on a personal note it was a shit year all round and I find it hard to find any positives apart from the bullying I received from Ginners seems to have stopped

Unread 02-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
we won the league, lost the European cup, lost Ronaldo - on a personal note it was a shit year all round and I find it hard to find any positives apart from the bullying I received from Ginners seems to have stopped
oooooh youre not gonna like 2010, normal service to resume.

Unread 02-12-2009, 01:12 PM
naes_sean

Highlight: Winning the league

Lowlight: European cup final

Personal Highlight: Being offered my company to purchase on Dec.31st
Personal Lowlight: Wife losing job

Person of 2009: get back to you on that.
Scumbag: Hughes blue @#%&!.

lessons learnt: when you think you've had too much to drink, you probably have

Unread 02-12-2009, 01:12 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
oooooh youre not gonna like 2010, normal service to resume.
I feel like Roland Browning

Unread 02-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
I feel like Roland Browning
spitting image tbf

Unread 02-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Jez Quigley

Unread 02-12-2009, 01:34 PM
no fun

Rating out of 10: 1

United highlight: bettys hair
United lowlight: 4-1 defeat to wallpushers

Personal highlight: thatchers ill health
Personal lowlight: thatcher and the queen still alive

Person of 2009: jeff tweedy

Scumbag of 2009: steven gerrards solicitor

Lesson learnt: Don't take personal responsibility for harks welfare and safety on a night out

Unread 02-12-2009, 01:55 PM
believe

Rating out of 10: 6

United highlight: 18 times

United lowlight: Rome (the game)

Personal highlight: Considering I've had a pretty bad year I've had a few. Leeds Festival, Prague for my 30th and the ultimate turn round of the year was starting my own business that I am hoping will make 2010 much much better.

Personal lowlight: Being made redundant and not working for the first time since leaving school was a bastard to take considering the plans it £#%&!ed up for me. That and adding Badger on facebook.

Person of 2009: My missus. The highlights of this year have all come mainly through the generousity of my missus and the patience she has shown while I have ridden this rollercoaster is commendable. I will hopefully be buying her a house next year.

Scumbag of 2009: My old boss (@#%&!) - he's been sent packing now and is currently trying to negotiate a deal with me to come on board with my company

Lesson learnt: Live your life and enjoy everyday because it can be taken away so so easily. Also big advice to the youngsters of the board. I know it's easy to get your wages and piss it up the wall or put it up your nose and I don't begrudge anyone doing it. However, put a little bit away if you can because if you ever get to a point where you've nothing to fall back on it £#%&!ing hurts.

FORZA 2010!!!

Unread 02-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Street Magician

Rating: 8/10 and getting better!

Started the year borderline alcoholic... Missus pulled me through it, United won the league... lost the EC... boo! Work was shite, now its really good. Got engaged in the summer and did some TV work which will appear on BBC1 in January... Another year older but another year wiser. Finally got our dream house in the middle of nowhere overlooking our fair city, north wales and cheshire, unfortunately we can see almost see liverpool on a clear day . My freelance work is spanning 3 continents. Got my MacBook Pro and just recently an iPhone 3GS as O2 reception doesn't cover our house! ORANGE DO! Result!

Ups and downs but mainly ups!

PS. Scumbag of the year? It has to be the entire red half and the blue half of that delusional hell hole called Liverpool... When i heard the RAWK nugget: "Liverpool didn't lose the champions league, the champions league lost liverpool" I wanted to nuke them! TWICE!

Unread 02-12-2009, 02:14 PM
silv

Rating out of 10: 7.5

United highlight: Beating the scouse the number 18/Macheda winner vs Aston Villa
United lowlight: United 1 Liverpool 4

Personal highlight: Quite a few. Being in a dubstep nightclub in NYC, a grimey blade style club which was pretty much pitch black apart from the strobes, smell of ganja in the air, with loads of women and pulling a fit yank bird.

Central Park on a great NY summer sunday and just taking it all in, roller blading discos, massive groups of performers, thousands just gathering having crazy fun. Never seen anything like it really. Spending my birthday having a meal in little italy, then onto a bar called cheap shots which gives you free alcohol all night if you can prove its your birthday.

Spending a week in Gran canaria with my best mate in 30 degree heat while everyone back home was freezing in englands crap weather. Meeting real cool people and taking full advantage of all inclusive bar.

Getting my career finally sorted and on track.

Personal lowlight: Signing on at one stage.

Person of 2009: Cheryl Cole

Scumbag of 2009: Rafa Benitez/Olly Feroni (spiked me with mescaline)

Lesson learnt: Don't take strong mind altering drugs

Unread 02-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Stickman

worst year of my life - easily

Unread 02-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Chorlton74

Rating out of 10: 8.5

United highlight: Winning the prem for the 3rd successive year.

United lowlight: Rome and the wallpushers result.

Personal highlight: finding out im going to be a dad (march btw) and meeting my brother for the first time.

Personal lowlight: the spectacular fall out with my other brother

Person of 2009: the bloke that went out of his way to check that i wasn't dead at V Festival, started supping at 8am on the saturday and slipped into a deep sleep by the hot dog stand by 5pm. got me back on my feet and made sure i saw Elbow and the rest of the bands that followed that day. saved my weekend.

Scumbag of 2009: anybody involved with the x factor. its detrimental to our music industry and does it no favours whatsoever.

Lesson learnt: trust nobody.
Closed Thread