United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-09-2009, 11:41 AM
denis lawless

have you taken into consideration the number of games missed through suspensions in your totals

i'll leave that with you

Unread 05-09-2009, 11:50 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I have categorically proven you wrong.

I'm not at all wound up, I just like insulting you.

Rio isn't a defender that will be finished or on the wane at 32 or 33, he will still be playing at the top level at 36-37 easily. He doesn't have 'injury problems' as I have proven, despite your ignorance and judgemental position on the matter. Living in Manchester, surrounded all day every day by time served match going reds, I can honestly say I do not know a single United fan that thinks Rio is 'Injury prone'. If anything, he is regarded as one of the fittest and most reliable players in the squad.

The reason a bid wouldn't even be considered, is because this is the real World and not a computer game. On top of being the finest CB in World football, currently and for the last 4-5 years at least, he also has a wealth of experience and leadership qualities that can't be easily replaced. Players such as Cathcart and Evans need a player to look up to, learn from and example. Rio is that man.

You can never understand any of this.
Spot on that, you'd have to wonder why Barca and real would be interested if he was finished? Perhaps 'cos they know he isn't and that with his reading of the game and class he has a good 5 years left in him at the top level. Would be madness to sell your best defender and possibly the best in the world at 30 given that, particularly after losing Ronnie. Anyway isn't it all a cows opinion, he has 4 years left on his contract and has never made any noises about wanting a move.

Unread 05-09-2009, 11:55 AM
wonky no

sounds like a pr stunt to get people aware of his business'

Unread 05-09-2009, 12:10 PM
shadowplay

He'll finish his career at United, imo.

Vidic, on the other hand.......

Unread 05-09-2009, 12:21 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
He'll finish his career at United, imo.

Vidic, on the other hand.......
Vidic may leave in the next coupla years, we've some very good players coming through to replace him though.

Unread 05-09-2009, 12:37 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Vidic may leave in the next coupla years, we've some very good players coming through to replace him though.

I reckon it could well be next summer, AJ.

Evans is an excellent player, but still some way off Vidic's level. I'd be absolutely gutted to see Vidic leave, tbh - a £#%&!ing rock, and one of our only threats from corners now that Ronnie is gone.

Unread 05-09-2009, 12:39 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
I reckon it could well be next summer, AJ.

Evans is an excellent player, but still some way off Vidic's level. I'd be absolutely gutted to see Vidic leave, tbh - a £#%&!ing rock, and one of our only threats from corners now that Ronnie is gone.
Maybe, i've no inside info. Vidic has said he wants to honour his contract though.

Evans is getting better and better, I'm sure he'd step in after another season and be fine.

Unread 05-09-2009, 03:10 PM
Tumescent Throb

so the corrupt catalan @#%&!s tapped up Evans in the summer and now they've moved on to Ferdinand

tmms sick

Unread 05-09-2009, 03:14 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
so the corrupt catalan @#%&!s tapped up Evans in the summer and now they've moved on to Ferdinand

tmms sick
why has throb suddenly decided to believe what he reads in newspapers?

i can't think

Unread 05-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
why has throb suddenly decided to believe what he reads in newspapers?

i can't think
iwaj joke

who is Rio Ferdinad btw TS

Unread 05-09-2009, 03:16 PM
borsuk

Unread 05-09-2009, 03:29 PM
greatnani

I think he could go.

He was close to Ronaldo, who is maybe trying to persuade him to go

Unread 05-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote: