United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-07-2007, 03:17 PM
Tiberian

Default Messi

Will he end up the best player from his generation?

Magnificent talent, beats men easier than any of his peers, in the smallest space, his balance, touch and quick feet are extraordinary. He also has the composure and quality of his final shot that Ronaldo occasionally still lacks. Ronnie still looks to blast the ball on most occasions while Messi has all sorts of different options.

Lot of good young players in that age group, Ronaldo, Rooney, Robinho, Anderson, Gourcoff, Robben etc. No doubt i have forgotten an obvious name or 2

Messi and Ronaldo are the 2 outstanding players form that group at the moment, but watching Messi in this Copa has been a real pleasure. Ronaldo has the physical edge on him, but Messi might be the more natural footballer, a bit smarter in his use of the ball and choice of options. Ronaldo though has proven he can deal with the pressure and expectation and the kickings. Won us the league last year as well.

Unread 12-07-2007, 03:18 PM
koppas

Yeah, Kaka.

Unread 12-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Rhodzy

You've forgotten Rossi.

Unread 12-07-2007, 03:20 PM
koppas

£#%&! off Rhodzy.

Unread 12-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Yeah, Kaka.
25, a bit out of that group in terms of age, but if included he would be the best of them at the moment, with Ronaldo pushing.

Unread 12-07-2007, 03:22 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
£#%&! off Rhodzy.

What about Tevez.

Unread 12-07-2007, 03:23 PM
koppas

Is Kaka 25 already?

Unread 12-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Only came to milan when he was 21

Unread 12-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Is Kaka 25 already?
Birth date April 22 1982.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kak%C3%A1

He is already in his prime, the others are still coming towards that period 25- 28.

Unread 12-07-2007, 03:29 PM
violater

Quote:
£#%&! off Rhodzy.
do you honestly put rossi in the same bracket as ronaldo ,robben, messi, rooney & co.

Unread 12-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
do you honestly put rossi in the same bracket as ronaldo ,robben, messi, rooney & co.
No I was being sarcastic, koppas doesn't understand sarcasm.

Unread 12-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Birth date April 22 1982.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kak%C3%A1

He is already in his prime, the others are still coming towards that period 25- 28.
cracking day that. my 3rd birthday...

I rate Messi higher than Kaka even in today's game. When i watch 90 mins of the 2 i just get more excited about what Messi does, he reallly takes people on and beats em whereas kaka has that kind of effortless ability to glide past people without really needing a trick.

Of the players mentioned i just think we are extremely lucky to be watching Ronny, Rooney, Anderson(looking forward to seeing) and Tevez (nearly done) on a weekly basis and in the flesh.

watching argentina has been a real joy in the last few weeks. looking forward to sunday. tevez to get the winner

Unread 12-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
cracking day that. my 3rd birthday...

I rate Messi higher than Kaka even in today's game. When i watch 90 mins of the 2 i just get more excited about what Messi does, he reallly takes people on and beats em whereas kaka has that kind of effortless ability to glide past people without really needing a trick.

Of the players mentioned i just think we are extremely lucky to be watching Ronny, Rooney, Anderson(looking forward to seeing) and Tevez (nearly done) on a weekly basis and in the flesh.

watching argentina has been a real joy in the last few weeks. looking forward to sunday. tevez to get the winner
Around 2000 we had a great generation of attacking players in Europe, all at or around their peak, Zidane, Figo, Bergkamp, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Raul, Batistuta, Shearer, Utd trio of Giggs, Scholes, Beckham, Shevchenko. That was a great time in the world game.

Hopefully this new group can make a similar impact, and as you say we are fortunate to have another group of our own.

Unread 12-07-2007, 03:52 PM
TreeFiddy

Top players in the world today:

1. Kaka
2. Ronaldinho
3. Messi (could very well be number 1 within a few months)
4. Ronaldo
5. Eto'o

When Riquelme plays at his best he's definitely up there too. An unbelievable talent.

Unread 12-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Ronaldinho isn't the second best player in the world at the moment.

Hasn't been playing at his best for at least 12 months (despite his goals return - penalties and free-kicks have boosted this), and his influence on Barca has been a lot less in this period.

He's certainly up there in terms of talent but not in performance.

Unread 12-07-2007, 04:01 PM
TreeFiddy

I still think he's the second best. Even when playing within himself he's superior to almost every other player.

Unread 12-07-2007, 04:08 PM
MJ Ramone

I think Messi is the best player in the World & I have been saying so for a couple of years.
However, my favourite player..the player that I believe on his day is the most explosive talent in the World pulls on a United shirt every week - Wayne Rooney.

I know it's not popular to regard him that highly - especially with him being English & everything - but I wouldn't swap him for anybody in the World.

That's my opinion by the way before someone starts telling me Rooney's our 5th best player behind Anderson, Nani, Ronaldo & co.

Unread 12-07-2007, 04:08 PM
Kill All Hippies

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
I still think he's the second best. Even when playing within himself he's superior to almost every other player.
He has all the talent in the world and a footballing brain to match, but his attitude seems to be a problem- the same way that Honreeee's @#%&!ish attitude will prevent him from ever joining the pantheon of footballing "legends". I'd much rather have the complete package- like Ronnie, who proved he has the bottle and brains to go with the talent. Messi is rapidly proving he has it too. Look at the goal last night. A sublime chip in a game where he was being marked and hassled by two or thee defenders all night. The Ronaldinho of two years ago would have excelled in that situation. I don't think the current version would.

Unread 12-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy

1. Kaka
2. Ronaldinho
3. Messi (could very well be number 1 within a few months)
4. Ronaldo
5. Eto'o

When Riquelme plays at his best he's definitely up there too. An unbelievable talent.
Would still have Henry up there, was poor last season, but had injuries to contend with, and if he can reproduce his Arsenal form in Spain then he will be back in the mix.

The suspicion was that he had started to lose pace, his game was reliant on that, maybe the rest after overplayed by Wenger will have recharged him, for me he has been as good as any player in the world for the last 5 years.

Unread 12-07-2007, 04:12 PM
punk_football

1. Ronaldo
2 Kaka
3. Messi
4 Ronaldinho
5. Eto'o
Closed Thread