United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 29-01-2010, 03:25 PM
hopkins

Default Re: Green & Gold - Make a statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Save for a sugar-daddy, I'm confused as to exactly how the protesters aim to ensure that the Glazers are not simply replaced by someone else playing similar games with similar intentions, or who has reached his position by previously so doing? That would be another blog well worth reading.
Withold your custom and it hurts their major revenue stream, thus putting off similair investors?

Problem is, not enough will do that to make a significant impact, despite a staggering 50%ish hike in prices since they rode into town

That's my belief anyway, each to their own and all that

Unread 29-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
Withold your custom and it hurts their major revenue stream, thus putting off similair investors?

Problem is, not enough will do that to make a significant impact, despite a staggering 50%ish hike in prices since they rode into town

That's my belief anyway, each to their own and all that
I would think it would be a highly credible argument, and a mass stadium boycott would be readily achievable, if a suitably interested party would makle their intentions for a friendly takeover known publically. Until then, with zero promise of any desirable alternative forthcoming, I just don't see it. I may or may not be in a minority, but I'm not going to allow the money lending industry to stop me watching United at Old Trafford unless I genuinely cannot afford it. That is not to say that there isn't a limit to how much I would pay, becasue there certainly is. I really wish it was still a fiver on the gate like it was 20 years ago, but there you go. It is still roughly the same price to get in as it is for a month's subscription to Sky Sports at the moment.

Unread 29-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Withers

Quote:
I would think it would be a highly credible argument, and a mass stadium boycott would be readily achievable, if a suitably interested party would makle their intentions for a friendly takeover known publically. Until then, with zero promise of any desirable alternative forthcoming, I just don't see it. I may or may not be in a minority, but I'm not going to allow the money lending industry to stop me watching United at Old Trafford unless I genuinely cannot afford it. That is not to say that there isn't a limit to how much I would pay, becasue there certainly is. I really wish it was still a fiver on the gate like it was 20 years ago, but there you go. It is still roughly the same price to get in as it is for a month's subscription to Sky Sports at the moment.
Sky Sports is £18 per month.

It costs more than that to get in Old Trafford each month.

Unread 29-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Sky Sports is £18 per month.

It costs more than that to get in Old Trafford each month.
yeah whatever

or stop talking %@#$&!s - take your pick

do sky allow you to subscribe to watch the football without paying for other stuff first? no.

and btw it costs a shit load more for a pub to subscribe to sky of course

which is a big part of why plenty of them have lost ever more custom to the chains

still, let's not go there eh

Unread 29-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Withers

Quote:
yeah whatever

or stop talking %@#$&!s - take your pick

do sky allow you to subscribe to watch the football without paying for other stuff first? no.

You started it.

How many people do you think who go to the match don't have Sky Sports?

Unread 29-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
You started it.

How many people do you think who go to the match don't have Sky Sports?
No idea. Go on, how many?

Unread 29-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
I can't believe you're trying to justify the ticket prices by comparing them to a sky sports subscription

roughly the same price? even in the K stand which is rock bottom cheap, £27, and you go what, 3/4 times a month? plus the beer and travel?

You cannot possibly justify the prices in most of the ground

Unread 29-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
good. don't. because i'm not justifying anything.

i'm just pointing out that for the price of a month's subscription to watch United on television you can go and watch a match at Old Trafford. .
oh and no, you can't. not even close.

let's take minimums-

K stand brief - £27
Travel, depending - £5

Without even taking ale or food into account you're already past sky sports basic package

Unread 29-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
oh and no, you can't. not even close.

let's take minimums-

K stand brief - £27
Travel, depending - £5

Without even taking ale or food into account you're already past sky sports basic package
it won't matter how often you all shout that i'm disputing this or that

i still won't be disputing it

which kind of makes your point redundant

but anyway, in your calculations you appear to have been just a touch selective. minimum monthly charge for Sky TV is what? £10 for the land line rental maybe? or do you get you net from somewhere else? Or roughly the same monthly charge as an ESPN subscription in fact. although you have to subscribe to virgin of sky to get that. and take out their basic TV package as well. unless you pay a one-off charge to topup TV. and so and so on.

Unread 29-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Tumescent Throb

and btw, you know as well as I do that in reality Sky are ripping pubs off to £#%&!.

and loads of their subscribers are paying for wireless, hd, movies and all the rest of it. £50 a month is it?

bankrolling glazer, and all the other @#%&!s who've got their grubby mitts on United and other PL clubs, in fact.

Unread 30-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
it won't matter how often you all shout that i'm disputing this or that

i still won't be disputing it

which kind of makes your point redundant

but anyway, in your calculations you appear to have been just a touch selective. minimum monthly charge for Sky TV is what? £10 for the land line rental maybe? or do you get you net from somewhere else? Or roughly the same monthly charge as an ESPN subscription in fact. although you have to subscribe to virgin of sky to get that. and take out their basic TV package as well. unless you pay a one-off charge to topup TV. and so and so on.
Will you give up on the sky %@#$&!s. Let's see how much more money I have if i take out a sky sports package including box, or if i go to 4 home games this month. I never spend less than 50 sheets (minimum) so yes, your point is utterly redundant

"Save for a sugar-daddy, I'm confused as to exactly how the protesters aim to ensure that the Glazers are not simply replaced by someone else playing similar games with similar intentions, or who has reached his position by previously so doing? That would be another blog well worth reading."

A nice sly dig there at anyone who believes in protest. Of course no one knows who or what the glazers are replaced by, but surely the whole point is just to get them out of the club first?? There is NOTHING you can defend them by:
  • Ticket prices double in most areas of the ground. Well above the rate of inflation
  • Complete lack of investment in the team
  • Actually using the clubs finances, our money that we pay week in week out, to pay off debts on their other business interests

And i'm presuming you went wedensday? and last week and the week before? If nothing else, the protest has at least injected some energy into the atmoshphere.

If you don't want to lift a finger, and be stubborn, fine, but don't take sly digs at those that believe what they are doing is important. It just makes you come across as bitter.

Unread 30-01-2010, 02:22 PM
Zorg

Thumbs up Re: Green & Gold - Make a statement

After watching FC on Wednesday and having a couple of pints after, I was on the bus home with a mate who had his G&G scarf on and a drunken city fan came over, shook his hand and said 'I might be a £#%&!in' blue but good luck you you with all that', then staggered off.

Unread 30-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
After watching FC on Wednesday and having a couple of pints after, I was on the bus home with a mate who had his G&G scarf on and a drunken city fan came over, shook his hand and said 'I might be a £#%&!in' blue but good luck you you with all that', then staggered off.
Singing theres only one Malcolm Glazer and USA USA USA??

Unread 30-01-2010, 02:30 PM
TravellingRed

Had my scarf on in town yesterday and a lad with a villa cap on came over and said good luck with getting the Glazers out, so at least the message is getting out. Was putting a few LUHG stickers up around town and some middle aged woman collared me, thought she was gonna tell me off, but she asked me if I had any spare so she could put some up! Obviously this isn't getting them out of the club but at least our message is getting out.

Unread 30-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
A better experience than mine on the way back from the derby, on the train to stockport ( ) and giving it munich songs the whole way

I would have said something if they weren't about 18 stone each. utter, utter classless @#%&!s. very frustrating

Unread 30-01-2010, 09:13 PM
les vagas

just knocked these up on nike id, do you reckon nike would make them with the united tie in?

Unread 30-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Stubbsy

Unread 31-01-2010, 10:03 AM
borsuk

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pa...newsid=6645810

wonder how long ago that was planned

Unread 31-01-2010, 11:11 AM
42ndstreet irregular

£4 for a pair of laces

Unread 31-01-2010, 01:30 PM
dunk

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opin...cle306697.html

Quote:
Man United to cash in on fan fury with their own green and gold merchandise

By The Mole

Published 23:03 30/01/10

Manchester United could cash in on their fans’ “Green and Gold till the club is sold” campaign by introducing their own merchandising.

The Mole understands that United had already designed a range of souvenirs in the colours of founding club Newton Heath before fans stepped up their campaign to force a change of ownership at Old Trafford.