United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-02-2022, 01:54 PM
Ronny

What was the attendance last week?
70 odd thousand on a Friday night with the game televised live fta.
We are no where near the bottom as has been said.
The scousers had the guts to chase hicks and Gillette out of the club.
Until Utd fans realise they must go to war with the parasites nothing will change.

Unread 07-02-2022, 01:58 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
Until Utd fans realise they must go to war with the parasites nothing will change.
It was the banks that got them out. Apart from that, brilliant suggestion.

Unread 07-02-2022, 02:04 PM
The Stella Fella

It ll get worse.

End of this season we ll lose a few players like Pogba, Linguard, Matic, possibly Martial, Cavani, possibly Ronaldo and VDB and whilst we want rid of most of them replacing them and looking to add a new CDM will not be something the club can afford to do so we will end up with some of the other total shite like AWB/Shaw staying as well as a shortage of players. City/scouse and Chelsea have top 3 sewn up for the next few years for me so It looks like top 4 will be years away never mind the title.

Unread 07-02-2022, 02:38 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
By "guts to chase them out" do you mean they welcomed them in American flags and chants?

Unread 07-02-2022, 02:43 PM
Dasilvatwins

The worst thing about all of this is if they had ambition and ran the club to win they could still take their dividends and sponsor money. They can have their cake and eat it. They’re just lazy and idiotic.

Nobody would care about 22 million pound dividends every year if the club is run to win trophies. InfAct it’s in their interest , the more we win the more exposure and likes etc etc

£#%&! the glazers and Richard Arnold any other other £#%&!er. They’ve ruined Manchester United for me. I watch games now with zero expectation and excitement.

Even the boro game, we lost how we did because that’s where we are now. the only people I feel for are ralf and Ronaldo . Both probably arrived under false pretences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
By "guts to chase them out" do you mean they welcomed them in American flags and chants?
WhaTever they did , they £#%&!ed off. The likes of neville , Keane, Ferdinand should be calling out the shit transfer policy. Calling out the players undermining the manager .

It’s all one big shit show and we are the biggest pile of shit in it.

Unread 07-02-2022, 02:47 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
The worst thing about all of this is if they had ambition and ran the club to win they could still take their dividends and sponsor money. They can have their cake and eat it. They’re just lazy and idiotic.

Nobody would care about 22 million pound dividends every year if the club is run to win trophies. InfAct it’s in their interest , the more we win the more exposure and likes etc etc

£#%&! the glazers and Richard Arnold any other other £#%&!er. They’ve ruined Manchester United for me. I watch games now with zero expectation and excitement.

Even the boro game, we lost how we did because that’s where we are now. the only people I feel for are ralf and Ronaldo . Both probably arrived under false pretences

WhaTever they did , they £#%&!ed off. The likes of neville , Keane, Ferdinand should be calling out the shit transfer policy. Calling out the players undermining the manager .

Weve won all the four big trophies under the glazers tbh.....

Unread 07-02-2022, 02:49 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

They didn't do anything. The owners borrowed too much and couldn't repay the debts so the bank seized the club, that isn't close to happening with us so it isn't relevant as an example. As fans we have already done a hundred time more than those scouse @#%&!s managed when it comes to getting rid of unwarranted owner.

Unread 07-02-2022, 02:54 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Weve won all the four big trophies under the glazers tbh.....
That was down to the greatest manager ever somehow having the skill to get an extra 20-30% from his players. One in a lifetime type.

Unread 07-02-2022, 02:58 PM
Ronny

Quote:
i'm sorry if my recollection of the goings on on merseyside are imperfect i have never give;n a toss but if you need me to explain the arrow of time mate

Bunker Buster

Quote:
That was down to the greatest manager ever somehow having the skill to get an extra 20-30% from his players. One in a lifetime type.
Charity shield, Europa and fa cup were under three different managers.....

It's still very do able but you need the right staff....

We invest 100's of millions of pounds in utter dog shit at times ..

That's on the staff not the owners, there's money available for transfers were dropping 50m on Fred FFS ..

Dasilvatwins

Quote:
They didn't do anything. The owners borrowed too much and couldn't repay the debts so the bank seized the club, that isn't close to happening with us so it isn't relevant as an example. As fans we have already done a hundred time more than those scouse @#%&!s managed when it comes to getting rid of unwarranted owner.
Didn’t know that, I just thought they wanted them out and they’re £#%&!ed off. Either way it doesn’t matter , we are deep shit and aren’t getting out anytime soon.

It’s the classic Woodward glazers scenario. We actually need about 4 players. A rb a cb a cm and a ST

Now mata, matic, lingard, martial, cavani are all leaving for definite. In the summer.

Then there are the Ronaldo, AWB, Jones, Bailey, pogba who MIGHT leave.

So come summer we will need about 8 players ( 4 that we needed and roughly 4 to cover the 8-10 players who leave just to get to a position where we are in which we can challenge for top 4

I think the summer will be the worst in possibly the history of the club with regards to where we were and where we will be.

The board has shit recruitment on a good day. Genuinely see us getting £#%&!ed .

Oh and i also think pogba will sign a new deal to avoid the club having to make one more signing

Unread 07-02-2022, 03:01 PM
atticusgrinch

To be fair we've spent more than enough. We've just spent it really badly and been run worse than a corner shop.

Not even a good corner shop.

Unread 07-02-2022, 03:10 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
i'm sorry if my recollection of the goings on on merseyside are imperfect i have never give;n a toss but if you need me to explain the arrow of time mate
If by "imperfect" you mean completely wrong then apology accepted. I'm good for an arrow of time explanation.

Unread 07-02-2022, 03:13 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Manchester United Football Club is dead, it has demised, it is an ex football ball club. The marketing & finance business owed by the glazers and the circus it produces for it's clients and customers to watch has no relationship to what was once MUFC, the club, the team and the community that we were all (most/some) a part of and supported.

That's just the hard cold fact.

Unread 07-02-2022, 03:24 PM
jem

Quote:

expect they are taking more out (or, more accurately, from) than that. their real problem is that the club valuation is too big, so all they can do is flog small amounts of shares. not sure they care about likes. lol.

Unread 07-02-2022, 03:27 PM
believe

State of this place. Doesn’t anyone remember what it was like under Sexton?

Unread 07-02-2022, 03:29 PM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
To be fair we've spent more than enough. We've just spent it really badly and been run worse than a corner shop.

yeah 1.25 billion in the last 10 years according to 5 live

Unread 07-02-2022, 04:06 PM
Mr Kaboom

Quote:

It was the failure to invest in 2008/2011 that started the rot. The Glazers were in the financial shit and the financing, re-financing and bond issues needed to keep their investment safe cost the club £200 million over 3 years. At the time Ferguson was telling the world there was no value in the market, City were signing Silva, Aguero and Toure, whilst we were snapping up Bebe, Obertan and Owen. We've been playing catch up ever since.

Unread 07-02-2022, 04:11 PM
goonlooca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
yeah 1.25 billion in the last 10 years according to 5 live
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60290406

Unread 07-02-2022, 04:22 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

That's because the club's motivations are a complete mess. We'll sign Pogba for £90m and Maguire for £89m but completely neglect entire sections of the team in favour of one big name. We've signed one left back in 8 years who was a bargain punt from Porto. Two Central midfielders in 6 years, one of which is Fred. But yet we've signed 3 strikers on short team deals in the last 3 years who are all over 30.

There's no consistency, no plan. Just doing whatever will play well on social media and grab headlines. The signing of Ronaldo is just quintessential 2021 Man Utd. A signing born out of nothing more than commercial greed.

But the biggest problem at the club is the constant rewarding of mediocrity by re upping contracts at rates in no way reflective of on field performances. I have no idea why. It's insane which is why we can't shift any players on to free up space for new players. No club in their right minds would pay any of them what we do. There isn't a club in world football who would, for example, pay marcus rashford 200k a week, or Jesse Lingard 100k a week. We are a complete basket case.
Closed Thread