United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 19-01-2010, 11:03 AM
History

Default Re: OFFICIAL Derby Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Judging by the local news, I seem to have fallen through a space portal into a parallel universe where city have won 19 league titles and 4 European cups.
Nope, 'this is it' tonight is where city leapfrog us apparently.

Unread 19-01-2010, 11:04 AM
El Chalten

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Not bad odds that, i'm slightly confident for a positive result but it all depends what team he put out.

Go with Nani, Valencia, Fletch and Ando in midfield with Wazza and Wellbeck up front, if not FFS go with Diouf! Just not Michael "Bastard" Owen
fergie will play 1 up front.

stack the midfield and try and get a goal on the break.

i expect Fletch and Park to start.

nft.

Unread 19-01-2010, 11:05 AM
Lok

I want it to be:

VDS

Rafael---Evans---Brown---Evra

Valencia---Fletcher---Anderson---Giggs

Rooney---Bebratov

I think it will be:

PIG

Neville---Evans---Brown---Evra

Fletcher---Scholes---Carrick

Valencia---Rooney---Park

Unread 19-01-2010, 11:07 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Judging by the local news, I seem to have fallen through a space portal into a parallel universe where city have won 19 league titles and 4 European cups.
They are ace aren't they?

Gary Owen, Joe Corrigan et al....'oh yes, now that the balance of power in the city has shifted dramatically...'

Unread 19-01-2010, 11:11 AM
El Chalten

VDS
Rafael - Wes - Evans - Evra
Park - Fletcher - Carrick - Anderson - Valencia
Rooney

nft.

Unread 19-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chalten
VDS
Rafael - Wes - Evans - Evra
Park - Fletcher - Carrick - Anderson - Valencia
Rooney

nft.
Plenty of ambition in that side.

Unread 19-01-2010, 11:13 AM
El Chalten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Plenty of ambition in that side.
i bet you that will be pretty much be bang on.

nft.

Unread 19-01-2010, 11:14 AM
dunk

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Nope, 'this is it' tonight is where city leapfrog us apparently.
I'm confused as to where the £#%&! I am and who I support.

Would you believe a United fan, goes home and away and will be there tonight, was just in the office talking about the game, telling a City fan that the only hope of us having any chance is to put someone quick on Bellamy, if not, we're £#%&!ed.

WTF?

£#%&!ing United fans, I'm getting £#%&!ing sick of them.

Unread 19-01-2010, 11:18 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I'm confused as to where the £#%&! I am and who I support.

Would you believe a United fan, goes home and away and will be there tonight, was just in the office talking about the game, telling a City fan that the only hope of us having any chance is to put someone quick on Bellamy, if not, we're £#%&!ed.

WTF?

£#%&!ing United fans, I'm getting £#%&!ing sick of them.
Too right dunk. I mean when has Bellamy ever threatened to do Uniteds defence for pace...

Oh.

Unread 19-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chalten
i bet you that will be pretty much be bang on.

nft.
Swap Nani for Park and it'd probably work - in terms of Utd having some pace to get up and support Rooney.

The key tonight will be to pressure their midfield and unsettle their defence - pretty much the same as what Everton did. Our midfield options aren't good enough against decent sides otherwise I'd like to see Rooney play alongside Diouf. By that I mean to play two midfielders. We're too open and we'd get murdered on the counter attack.

Citeh supposedly signing Flamini, would do a very good job for Utd. An old style box to box midfielder. But of course, there's no value in the market.

Unread 19-01-2010, 11:23 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Too right dunk. I mean when has Bellamy ever threatened to do Uniteds defence for pace...

Oh.
But that is the only chance we have got?

How many times has Bellamy not done our defence for anything? More often than he has done, that's for £#%&!ing sure.

Unread 19-01-2010, 11:24 AM
El Chalten

Quote:
Swap Nani for Park and it'd probably work - in terms of Utd having some pace to get up and support Rooney.

The key tonight will be to pressure their midfield and unsettle their defence - pretty much the same as what Everton did. Our midfield options aren't good enough against decent sides otherwise I'd like to see Rooney play alongside Diouf. By that I mean to play two midfielders. We're too open and we'd get murdered on the counter attack.

Citeh supposedly signing Flamini, would do a very good job for Utd. An old style box to box midfielder. But of course, there's no value in the market.
you just know park will be playing tonight.

nft.

Unread 19-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Stickman

Quote:

yup

Unread 19-01-2010, 11:41 AM
History

Quote:

Citeh supposedly signing Flamini, would do a very good job for Utd.
An old style box to box midfielder. But of course, there's no value in the market.
Overrated.

One half decent season in 4 years at arsenal.

Unread 19-01-2010, 11:43 AM
elephantstone

I think we will turn them over 1nil Rooney.

Unread 19-01-2010, 11:49 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
I think we will turn them over 1nil Rooney.

Unread 19-01-2010, 11:50 AM
dunk

Quote:
Overrated.

One half decent season in 4 years at arsenal.
failed at a Milan side struggling like £#%&! who have an average age of 76.

Just what City need as well, another, limited, defensive midfielder, to go with De Jong, Barry, Vieira and so on...

Unread 19-01-2010, 11:56 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
failed at a Milan side struggling like £#%&! who have an average age of 76.

Just what City need as well, another, limited, defensive midfielder, to go with De Jong, Barry, Vieira and so on...
Actually Milan have been very good this year and we're in serious danger of going out to them in the CL under this current form. Milan look like a side that could go on and win Seria A this year, got a big game Sunday and if they beat Inter you never know.

Unread 19-01-2010, 11:58 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Actually Milan have been very good this year and were in serious danger of going out to them in the CL under this current form. Milan look like a side that could go on and win Seria A this year, got a big game Sunday and if they beat Inter you never know.
Still, even more reason why flamini is pretty shit and wouldnt get anywhere near our midfield.

But going on the way this forum talks about our midfield, any player from anyother club could get a game.

Unread 19-01-2010, 12:02 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Still, even more reason why flamini is pretty shit and wouldnt get anywhere near our midfield.

But going on the way this forum talks about our midfield, any player from anyother club could get a game.
Dunno what the hype was around him, 1 good season at Arsenal and they won £#%&! all. :shakehead:

Weird signing for City that, aswell as the Viera one but i could understand that as they want some experiance but Flamini?