United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-08-2009, 03:09 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
We should have sold him right after Moscow IMO, then we might have got all our money back. And the wages since then would have gone on a player that would actually be fit to help us and not this freeloader.
Dick

Unread 19-08-2009, 03:10 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Dick
Tbf, he said it on the night, after Hargo's fantastic performance. You did right Aloe?

Unread 19-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Tumescent Throb

the 2007/08 season actually lasted from August right through to May

Palacios looks a half decent player. He would of course have cost United more than whatever Spurs paid for him - not least because if United were in for him it would've meant he was a better player

Unread 19-08-2009, 03:11 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Not necassarily but he isn't actually finished yet. As I say, the fact that united are possibly offering him a new contract, i'm gonna take some hope from that.

How much did we pay btw, just asking 'cos you've suddenly gone up from £16 million to £20 million and I honestly don't know?
Depends on the exchange rate doesn't it. United will have paid euros for him and with the exchange rate as it compared to what it is now united will have actually paid closer to 27 million for him.

Wiki says 17 but then it also says
Quote:
They did not intend on fielding him, he was schedualed to merely stzrt full training with the squad during the Audi Cup, in the hope he would be fit to play towards the middle of september. A more resent injury setback means it will be more like october/ november times before he is fully fit
so with spelling like that can it be trusted?

Unread 19-08-2009, 03:13 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

it glitch

Unread 19-08-2009, 03:14 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Depends on the exchange rate doesn't it. United will have paid euros for him and with the exchange rate as it compared to what it is now united will have actually paid closer to 27 million for him.
Hope we paid it all up front. I think?

Unread 19-08-2009, 03:18 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Hope we paid it all up front. I think?
Me too although if united keep a euros account as well as a sterling one then an argument could be made that if you are accounting in euros his transfer fee could just waver indefinatly. Anyway we're marlo free at moment and I have no wish to become the forums accountant so lets for get that. He cost somewhere between 16 and 18 million then. Super Jags cost 4.

Unread 19-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Me too although if united keep a euros account as well as a sterling one then an argument could be made that if you are accounting in euros his transfer fee could just waver indefinatly. Anyway we're marlo free at moment and I have no wish to become the forums accountant so lets for get that. He cost somewhere between 16 and 18 million then. Super Jags cost 4.
tbh Hargreaves is 4x the midfielder Jagielka is.

Unread 19-08-2009, 03:39 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
tbh Hargreaves is 4x the midfielder Jagielka is.
Now that Moyes has had him playing in the defence for 2 and a bit years that might very well be the case.

Unread 19-08-2009, 03:46 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Now that Moyes has had him playing in the defence for 2 and a bit years that might very well be the case.
I still can't believe he did that to a world class midfield prospect like the Jagster.

Unread 19-08-2009, 03:50 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
I still can't believe he did that to a world class midfield prospect like the Jagster.
To be fair he was a world class defensive prospect as well and had broken the international squad before he was cruely robbed of the end of last season by injury. He'll be back though, top quality player is that lad. United fan too.

Unread 19-08-2009, 03:51 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
To be fair he was a world class defensive prospect as well and had broken the international squad before he was cruely robbed of the end of last season by injury. He'll be back though, top quality player is that lad. United fan too.
You do crack me up sometimes.

Unread 19-08-2009, 03:53 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
You do crack me up sometimes.

Unread 19-08-2009, 04:20 PM
PaulParkers

Wink

Best right back at the club

Unread 19-08-2009, 04:25 PM
toseeunited

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
That penalty against Chelsea makes him worth the money we've spent on him.
and the freekick against arsenal

Unread 19-08-2009, 05:18 PM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up

Quote:
World class defensive prospect in the same way Stuart Downing is a world class wing prospect.

Unread 19-08-2009, 05:33 PM
wonky no

hargreaves would play with drawing pins and broken bottles in his boots.
he's one determind mo fo.
future mayor of OT

Unread 19-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
I have nothing agaist him personally

Thanks for that clarification.

So you'd say the two of you get on pretty well?

Unread 19-08-2009, 05:48 PM
magic_cantona

Hargreaves is a £#%&!ing class player.Superb performances in the 'Moscow' season and has repaid the outlay on him just with that imo.

And his transfer fee makes no odds with the financial shite we're in anyway

Unread 19-08-2009, 05:50 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Hargreaves is a £#%&!ing class player.Superb performances in the 'Moscow' season and has repaid the outlay on him just with that imo.

And his transfer fee makes no odds with the financial shite we're in anyway
Yeah but we could've got Jagielka and given the Glazers £12 million.
Closed Thread