United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
sidenote.

bro you should come marbs with us man this year. around august.
going NYC in June.

i'll be dead broke by then.

Unread 05-04-2009, 07:56 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
going NYC in June.

i'll be dead broke by then.

you're gonna come back with bare sick limited edition creps innit

might need to give you p's for a bape t-shirt or something.

Unread 05-04-2009, 07:58 PM
dunk

A couple of good balls in from Nani today, was a threat linkig up with Evra of sorts, worked hard defensively too (for him), can't judge him on one game here, one game there, particularly in only his second season in the country.

You all know that he could well put one in the top corner against Suderland to wi us the game. He is well capable.

On a side note, I was speaking to someone who is doing sports science t college/Uni, his tutor works at United as well, something to do with the coaching. He said all the players are nice lads, really down to earth, polite, got time for you, except Nani, who is a horrible £#%&!er, right up his own arse, not well liked by anyone, apparently.

Unread 05-04-2009, 08:01 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
A couple of good balls in from Nani today, was a threat linkig up with Evra of sorts, worked hard defensively too (for him), can't judge him on one game here, one game there, particularly in only his second season in the country.

You all know that he could well put one in the top corner against Suderland to wi us the game. He is well capable.

On a side note, I was speaking to someone who is doing sports science t college/Uni, his tutor works at United as well, something to do with the coaching. He said all the players are nice lads, really down to earth, polite, got time for you, except Nani, who is a horrible £#%&!er, right up his own arse, not well liked by anyone, apparently.
alan smith was the nicest bloke you could ever meet and he was shit.

its irrelevant what players are like off the pitch.

Unread 05-04-2009, 08:02 PM
antonin jablonsky

No need to have a pop at Nani today. He has struggled in his 2nd season in a foreign country and he hasn't got Quieroz to lean on this saeson. He wasn't good today and in big games i wouldn't pick him again this season but he's still a young player and it seems immature for his age, let's see where he is next season eh?

Unread 05-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:

But Nani's a @#%&! and shit

Slight wum.

Unread 05-04-2009, 08:04 PM
dunk

Quote:

True, but it's the effect it has on the group as a whole.

I have no problems with Nani, I've never met him.

Unread 05-04-2009, 08:06 PM
wonky no

i obviously don't know the bloke personally but i get the impression he thought he was the finished article when we signed him. when you put yourself on a pedestal like that you're bound to start playing like a @#%&! when you realise you have a trade to learn.

he could be a great player if he let himself learn, he seems to lack discipline rather than confidence. he believes in his ability but can 't stop himself from choosing the wrong option, the one he favours is the one that will sit him back up on the pedestal in an instant.

a stint in the stiffs would do him no harm at all.

Unread 05-04-2009, 08:07 PM
sullers

Rio dislikes Nani. No wum.

Unread 05-04-2009, 08:09 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
i obviously don't know the bloke personally but i get the impression he thought he was the finished article when we signed him. when you put yourself on a pedestal like that you're bound to start playing like a @#%&! when you realise you have a trade to learn.

he could be a great player if he let himself learn, he seems to lack discipline rather than confidence. he believes in his ability but can 't stop himself from choosing the wrong option, the one he favours is the one that will sit him back up on the pedestal in an instant.

a stint in the stiffs would do him no harm at all.
Don't want a row or anything but I don't agree. As I understand it he was considered an immature player when he came from Portugal and maybe is a player who just needs an arm around him and a bit of time to work his game out. Just my opinion.

Unread 05-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Tronics

Quote:
you're gonna come back with bare sick limited edition creps innit

might need to give you p's for a bape t-shirt or something.
haha, werd!

Unread 05-04-2009, 08:42 PM
rebelcountyred

really didn't think that nani was that bad today, however can we have the real paddy evra back?

Unread 05-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Tiberian

Anyone know what is happening with Tosic? Couple of cameos, showing tidy ability, after he signed but has been nowhere near the fist team lately.Injured?

Nani had some decent moments today, linked up quite well with Evra but neither of them delivered quality ball bar the free kick that Nani swung in that Ronaldo could have scored from. Last season was very encouraging, made some vital contributions, crossed the ball well, and looked a real player. Started very well in the CS against Potsmouth, but his season has been poor. Only started 5 league games and has 6 goals in all comps though.

I would persist with him, has a lot of ability, maybe could do with a spell out on loan.

Unread 05-04-2009, 10:53 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Anyone know what is happening with Tosic? Couple of cameos, showing tidy ability, after he signed but has been nowhere near the fist team lately.Injured?

Nani had some decent moments today, linked up quite well with Evra but neither of them delivered quality ball bar the free kick that Nani swung in that Ronaldo could have scored from. Last season was very encouraging, made some vital contributions, crossed the ball well, and looked a real player. Started very well in the CS against Potsmouth, but his season has been poor. Only started 5 league games and has 6 goals in all comps though.

I would persist with him, has a lot of ability, maybe could do with a spell out on loan.
I reckon, and this is purely speculation on my part, that Tosic has been set to one side with some kind of training programme to turn him into a grown up.

He was getting the shit bullied out of him in the reserves, so I think they may be building him up without destroying him by playing him.

Unread 05-04-2009, 11:14 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Is your mate Andy Gray? He said the same thing.
No, and we had no commentary in the pub so he's copying me

Unread 05-04-2009, 11:25 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down

nani was gash today I have stuck up for him all season but he was abysmal today and a 17 year old kid did more in half an hour than Nani has in last 10 games

£#%&! him off in the summer if Tosic is up to it

as for Evra....wtf is going on there

get fabio in

Unread 05-04-2009, 11:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
nani was gash today I have stuck up for him all season but he was abysmal today and a 17 year old kid did more in half an hour than Nani has in last 10 games

£#%&! him off in the summer if Tosic is up to it

as for Evra....wtf is going on there

get fabio in
Disappeared.

Evra is suffering for 2 1/2 years of constant football at top form. He'll be fine.

Unread 05-04-2009, 11:29 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Disappeared.

Evra is suffering for 2 1/2 years of constant football at top form. He'll be fine.
That as well as a couple of niggling injuries, a crazy suspension over that fracas at Chelsea and not playing with the same back 4 at any one time.

Evra is a dude. He'll be reet.

Unread 05-04-2009, 11:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
That as well as a couple of niggling injuries, a crazy suspension over that fracas at Chelsea and not playing with the same back 4 at any one time.
That too.

I think the whole team is suffering from that a bit.

Unread 05-04-2009, 11:33 PM
wiganste

Quote:
That too.

I think the whole team is suffering from that a bit.
But it never really gets touched on by the media. We have a huge squad but I reckon we have 11 players missing that could all start. It's £#%&!ing incredible that we won today's game when you saw a couple of teenagers leading the line for 20 mins.
Closed Thread