Closed Thread

Unread 29-01-2007, 01:40 AM
Cantona's collar

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
cheap dig???? do I know you??

if there is a medical reason for you not getting to games then apologies

you are talking utter shite on Rooney though
He's not, Rooney hasn't performed anywhere near his standard for the best part of this season, his first touch seemed to have completely left him at one point and anyone could see he was getting frustrated.

Don't get me wrong i wouldn't go as far as to say he's been shit but he definitely hasn't performed as consistently well as he can

Unread 29-01-2007, 01:41 AM
Sparky***

I blame the world cup.

Unread 29-01-2007, 01:49 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
I know, i'm saying if he gets one vs. Watford he won't be suspended for the Spuds.
Oh right. Learnt something already today then

Unread 29-01-2007, 02:42 AM
£#%&! KFC

''Rooney's not performed anywhere near his standards''

get a £#%&!in grip as myself and others have pointed out there have been several games already he's won on his own....do you want remininding of them like all the other goldfish on here

he's not been world class every game...so shoot him

in reality he's been excellent overall ...not bad for a player who was out for four months with a serious injury, then dragged to a World Cup he shouldn't have been at, had no real pre-season and then copped a ridiculous ban for three games

£#%&!sake if I didn't know better I'd think it's because he's a Scouser

Unread 29-01-2007, 10:10 AM
MUFC One Love

Not just scoring, but scoring a Rooney goal for his 2nd will be fantastic for him. He'll be full of confidence now. Not many players can chip a goalie like that, especially from that close in, James didn't actually move and smirked because he had been done.

Unread 29-01-2007, 10:17 AM
S/Side.Red

The goals themselves don't mean he is back to his best, as he's scored in patches this season and has failed to break out of average form afterwards.

But, like One Love says, the nature of the second goal (and that great touch he took to take the ball past Campbell shortly afterwards) are the main signs.

I personally think it was the first time this season that he did something really special and truly looked like the confident, audacious Rooney we were used to before.

I guess Fergie has to decide whether to play him against Watford now, or let him get a rest before hopefully coming into top form for the run-in.
Closed Thread