Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Elmander is swedish whaley
Is he? He'll be at Citeh then.

Like I said, had no idea who he was or how good he is.

Unread 02-10-2007, 01:56 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
but phil rooney and tevez are around 22 and 23 ..
Jesus, at least TRY and use some commas and full stops occasionally. That confused the hell out of me.

Unread 02-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Barracuda

I've seen very, very little of Huntelaar - but I wasn't too impressed when I did see him.

He's not the best player in the world by any stretch, - however he is arguably the best finisher at present.

The danger with him in the team, might be we revert back to the 'Ruud' style of play. When the opposition sussed out how to deal with that, we became £#%&!ing dreadful - and failed to score in a lot of games.

Saying that, we've now gone to the opposite extreme of having four forwards moving all over the place ... and that's not working brilliantly either.

We need a stronger, fitter, improved version of Saha - ideally in their early to mid twenties. I can't say anyone really stands out though.

I thought Torres was ideal for what we needed, but SAF obviously didn't. He appears to be set on Berbatov, and in fairness you'd expect Berbatov, Saha, Rooney and Tevez to be a pretty potent pool of forwards/strikers ... there should be 50+ goals between them a season quite comfortably.

Unread 02-10-2007, 02:48 PM
Whalefish

It'll be bloody hard keeping all of those four happy although I think it'd be nice to have the options.

Unread 02-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Alan

Another attacking midfielder is what United need.

Unread 02-10-2007, 03:15 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan

Lets give Anderson a chance eh ?

Unread 02-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda
I've seen very, very little of Huntelaar - but I wasn't too impressed when I did see him.

He's not the best player in the world by any stretch, - however he is arguably the best finisher at present.

The danger with him in the team, might be we revert back to the 'Ruud' style of play. When the opposition sussed out how to deal with that, we became £#%&!ing dreadful - and failed to score in a lot of games.

Saying that, we've now gone to the opposite extreme of having four forwards moving all over the place ... and that's not working brilliantly either.

We need a stronger, fitter, improved version of Saha - ideally in their early to mid twenties. I can't say anyone really stands out though.

I thought Torres was ideal for what we needed, but SAF obviously didn't. He appears to be set on Berbatov, and in fairness you'd expect Berbatov, Saha, Rooney and Tevez to be a pretty potent pool of forwards/strikers ... there should be 50+ goals between them a season quite comfortably.
I agree totally. I still cannot understand why we didnt sign him after tracking him for nigh on 7 years.

Unread 02-10-2007, 07:06 PM
penguin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I'm not wanting to start an argumnet but, if reports/rumours are correct, Fergie intends to go for Berbatov next Summer. I'm not sure he's what we need to lead the line IMO. Anyhoo, Tevez and Rooney will still be at OT and although I'm not sure about Saha long term what other alternatives are out there? It is however apparent that Utd do need an alternative number 9 to the one currently at the club.

I'd like someone around the 23-25 age group too. Berbatov will be 28 or 29 won't he?

Agree there will be some risk re Huntelaar (see Kuyt and Kezman as other examples) but I do think he'd be worth a gamble. Mate of mine reckons Utd should have a look at Elmander of Toulouse. The Danish lad. Anyone seen much of him?
We don't need Berbatov. How many Rooney / Tevez type strikers do we need ?

Unread 02-10-2007, 08:33 PM
wonky no

what would he cost? £9m ish?

i'd take him

Unread 02-10-2007, 08:49 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
this man speaks sense. atm we lack support from m/f a la scholes in his peak years and it makes us a much easier side to deal with. ronnie provides some threat but he tends to be quite far advanced and quite wide when we attack; we need someone who can arrive late in the box, make runs beyond the attackers from deep etc. perhaps anderson can provide it in time - i don't know. but that's what we're lacking. my own feeling is that rooney may end up playing between m/f and attack in the future. he certainly has all the skills.

Unread 02-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I'm not wanting to start an argumnet but, if reports/rumours are correct, Fergie intends to go for Berbatov next Summer. I'm not sure he's what we need to lead the line IMO. Anyhoo, Tevez and Rooney will still be at OT and although I'm not sure about Saha long term what other alternatives are out there? It is however apparent that Utd do need an alternative number 9 to the one currently at the club.

I'd like someone around the 23-25 age group too. Berbatov will be 28 or 29 won't he?
Agree there will be some risk re Huntelaar (see Kuyt and Kezman as other examples) but I do think he'd be worth a gamble. Mate of mine reckons Utd should have a look at Elmander of Toulouse. The Danish lad. Anyone seen much of him?
He's only 26 at the moment!
Closed Thread