Unread 08-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Jack Duckworth

i'm very slow on the uptake and it only just occurred to me

Unread 08-02-2008, 02:36 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I thought we all knew that?

Ireland would be a mainstay especially for smaller clubs. Sunderland v Wigan would get 40/50k over here.
Can't see it myself. I heard destinations will bid to host these games and I'm not sure there will be as much financial backing as NY or Dubai etc.
Plus they've already cracked this market about 50 years ago.
Plus there would be major protestations from the local league which is struggling badly to attract support.

Unread 08-02-2008, 02:46 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Can't see it myself. I heard destinations will bid to host these games and I'm not sure there will be as much financial backing as NY or Dubai etc.
Plus there would be major protestations from the local league which is struggling badly to attract support.
in fairness, that's because the eircom league is gash. i watched a few games on setanta and it both blows and sucks.

Unread 08-02-2008, 02:47 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
It may £#%&! the fans off and cost them a fortune but the clubs will make £5M each, probably resulting in nice bonuses for players and dare I say, managers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/7234304.stm
There's a reasonable chance he won't be a Premier League manager by next season, let alone 2011

Unread 08-02-2008, 02:49 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
The loi kicks off in March and runs to November. The suggested games are in january.

Unread 08-02-2008, 02:50 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
in fairness, that's because the eircom league is gash. i watched a few games on setanta and it both blows and sucks.
It blows and sucks so hard it's like they're playing football with a balloon. Tis is windy place.
Closed Thread