United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Old 07-03-2018, 12:25 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Chocolate bars are bigger these days?

Shaw's probably stashing full on galaxy slabs and KFC tbf.
and Pally was taller so the chocolate had more space to fill

Old 07-03-2018, 12:28 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
There’s no probably about it. Although wasn’t Pally famous for having stashes of chocolate and crisps in hotel rooms?
Love that story about Fergie going around to his house before a club get together and finding a Mars bar on the table. It belonged to his wife but, he fined Pallly

Old 07-03-2018, 04:51 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I don't doubt that he is trying. I wasn't saying he was taking the piss himself. More that the situation itself is a piss take and that a player of his quality is still a bench player. I think Mourinho knows Shaw is a better option that Young, but can't trust him still, both because of his fitness and his tactical nouse.

But again, all conjecture. Who really knows?
Ah right, fair enough. I agree. Such a great talent but it looks like it's all going a bit Ando atm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Match fitness is one thing, but I really don't see why a lack of matches would see you put excess body fat on. At the end of the day he's paid a fortune to stay in shape and make himself available; surely the buck has to stop with him on that.

If he's 'mentally fragile' then he needs the appropriate help. But at some point he also needs to take some responsibility. If he stays fit and trains hard and still isn't getting games then he's done all he can and is obviously free to move on, but I hardly think there will be a raft of suitors.
Well, we don't know the ins and outs. His physical condition has been a question since he was 16 apparently, but it's possible that while that would have done for some players with talent, Shaw does work hard to get himself right.

The Anderson comparison feels valid. He got so much stick during his time here, but Fergie loved him because of his enthusiasm for training and work ethic. But his natural body type and the constant injuries made it so tough for him.

Feels to me that what Shaw badly needs is games. Other managers who had concerns over his condition always had faith in him as a player. If anything Mourinho has criticised him more for footballing issues than his professionalism. It feels a bad mix of a player who needs that little more faith and a manager who will always opt for the more physically reliable, steady Eddy alternative.

Old 07-03-2018, 04:57 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

The Anderson comparison feels valid. He got so much stick during his time here, but Fergie loved him because of his enthusiasm for training and work ethic. But his natural body type and the constant injuries made it so tough for him.

He's one of those rugby players who are better at football.

Lad's over 6 feet tall, looks about 5ft6.

He's all ass.

Old 07-03-2018, 05:17 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
He's one of those rugby players who are better at football.

Lad's over 6 feet tall, looks about 5ft6.

He's all ass.

Look's 5'10 tops

Old 07-03-2018, 06:30 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
They can only monitor to a certain extent, the rest is 'advisory'.

Ultimately he's the one in charge of his own intake. It's not the clubs fault if he's at five guys after training every day.
Thought the rumours about Shaw wanting five guys every night were shown to be nonsense?

Old 07-03-2018, 06:51 PM
Jammy Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
and Pally was taller so the chocolate had more space to fill
And his body may well have partitioned the caloric energy differently, leading to increased activity rather than weight gain.

Old 07-03-2018, 06:53 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
And his body may well have partitioned the caloric energy differently, leading to increased activity rather than weight gain.
He may also have been playing in a league full of pissheads.

Old 17-03-2018, 05:58 PM
Stone Monkey

Gets the start.

Old 17-03-2018, 07:50 PM
Walrus

And he’s off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Monkey
Gets the start.