United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Science & Technology

Old 10-01-2018, 02:52 PM
thatsfuctit

Default Quora

Anyone use https://www.quora.com/ ? also available on app which i prefer.

Anyone else use it? Do you reply or just browse? what topics are you following?

Old 10-01-2018, 03:08 PM
windy waffles

Prefer reddit.

Old 10-01-2018, 03:09 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Prefer reddit.
Been nosying a reddit a bit too, some great giffage

Old 10-01-2018, 03:11 PM
Buck

I use it often. Very good platform for academic and intellectual discussion. Professors and scholars use it and provide thorough answers and advice in a more concise way which reddit can't.

Old 10-01-2018, 03:16 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Been nosying a reddit a bit too, some great giffage
reddit gifs is gold

Old 10-01-2018, 03:28 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
I use it often. Very good platform for academic and intellectual discussion. Professors and scholars use it and provide thorough answers and advice in a more concise way which reddit can't.
there is some great stuff, but a raft of wums too.

Old 10-01-2018, 03:35 PM
Cream

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Sounds like the kind of place I should be operating out of.

Will certainly check it out.

Old 10-01-2018, 03:39 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Sounds like the kind of place I should be operating out of.

Will certainly check it out.

https://www.quora.com/topic/Do-It-Yourself-DIY

Old 10-01-2018, 03:52 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
there is some great stuff, but a raft of wums too.
I use quora to participate, ask questions and answer whereas reddit I only browse.

I like quora because it is more of a community. You can have a widespread of opinions and each poster has their own personal page. So professors, public officials, scientists, businessmen or your average Cream who you like to read from you can follow them. As I say, it's great for intellectual talk because primarily that's what it sells itself on.

Reddit is more a free-for-all. You can troll, shitpost and generally be more light hearted. On both platforms the best posts rise to the top with upvotes but unlike reddit, unpopular opinions aren't shut down. That's largely to do with the fact Trump supporters for instance are expected to offer more than 'lol u dont mess with GEOTUS'.

Quora also allows images within posts rather than the wall of text reddit uses. You can write as if it's a blog. Trying to sift through topics on the quora mainpage is a clustered mess however.

Reddit is great for a news curator and randomness because it is so popular. There's a sub reddit for everything. Too much sap however...