United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Reply
 
Old 02-01-2018, 11:18 AM
windy waffles
 
Default

Mourinho isn't the first manager to question his attitude though and that is the worrying thing.
 
Old 02-01-2018, 11:21 AM
Cream
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
TBF to the lad, I don't think I can ever recall a manager criticising a professional footballer like Mourinho did to him last season, he basically told the entire nation that Shaw had no idea how to play football and he was having to give him basic instructions from the sideline, I'm not sure how Shaw was supposed to take that positively or Mourinho could possibly think it was constructive.

Even if you don't rate the lad, calling him out like that in public serves no purpose for him, the player or even the club, who have a £30million pound investment that they have to try and recoup on a player you've just told the world doesn't understand the basics of his profession.
TBF every man and his dog was bartering Mourinho to explain himself.

"Ok. He's fucking shit. But I'll fix him"

Voila.
 
Old 02-01-2018, 11:25 AM
The Stella Fella
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
apparently, it's all about mourinho playing a blinder with his top tier man-management skills.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
TBF to the lad, I don't think I can ever recall a manager criticising a professional footballer like Mourinho did to him last season, he basically told the entire nation that Shaw had no idea how to play football and he was having to give him basic instructions from the sideline, I'm not sure how Shaw was supposed to take that positively or Mourinho could possibly think it was constructive.

Even if you don't rate the lad, calling him out like that in public serves no purpose for him, the player or even the club, who have a £30million pound investment that they have to try and recoup on a player you've just told the world doesn't understand the basics of his profession.
Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Mourinho isn't the first manager to question his attitude though and that is the worrying thing.
Didn't Poch say something in a book about him and one of the coaches at Southampton?

and always 2 sides to the argument - didn't help himself from the moment he arrived and that was long before Jose appeared. Perhaps he is starting to make progress because he got that kick up the fat arse he needed from Jose? Who knows? But lets not pretend this delicate flower is now making some slight steps despite Jose being there - Shaw hasn't got the mental strength to take on Jose and beat him in this way.
 
Old 02-01-2018, 12:28 PM
Crumps
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Mourinho isn't the first manager to question his attitude though and that is the worrying thing.
Aye and public criticism of a player will only come after absolutely everything else has failed to get a positive reaction out of him.
 
Old 02-01-2018, 07:10 PM
red in cumbria
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Unfortunately itís also in his flabby stomach
Looked like he had lost some weight yesterday?
 
Old 03-01-2018, 12:45 AM
armchair
 
Default

big macs are not the only fruit : the luke shaw story
 
Old 03-01-2018, 01:22 AM
Stickman
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Didn't Poch say something in a book about him and one of the coaches at Southampton?

and always 2 sides to the argument - didn't help himself from the moment he arrived and that was long before Jose appeared. Perhaps he is starting to make progress because he got that kick up the fat arse he needed from Jose? Who knows? But lets not pretend this delicate flower is now making some slight steps despite Jose being there - Shaw hasn't got the mental strength to take on Jose and beat him in this way.
The Southampton coach mentioned that he needed special circumstances created for him to learn or something like that. Basically politely called him a bit simple.
 
Old 03-01-2018, 11:47 AM
Child of Darkness
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
The Southampton coach mentioned that he needed special circumstances created for him to learn or something like that. Basically politely called him a bit simple.


Fergie said time and time again some have the ability but not all have the mental strength to play for Utd .

Might just be a delicate flower .

Still think heís got great potential and pre bad injury he was flying .
 
Old 19-01-2018, 01:38 PM
dunk
 
Default


It's about fucking time.

Stay of execution?
 
Old 19-01-2018, 01:41 PM
Cream
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/954345363128844288

It's about fucking time.

Stay of execution?
How much is that doggy in the window?

Jose: you mean this wonderful doggy?
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: BIG Luke Shaw
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Luke Shaw silv Football 321 08-12-2017 10:59 AM
Luke Shaw TheFatGoth Football 495 09-04-2017 08:37 PM
Luke Shaw interview Switching Off Football 4 26-08-2016 05:39 PM
Luke Shaw believe Football 20 03-11-2014 08:39 PM
Luke Shaw HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon Football 31 22-08-2013 07:52 PM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:56 AM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2018 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.