United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Old 26-12-2017, 11:20 AM
sub three hours

I've no problem with recognizing outstanding service, but the idea of titles that refer to the no longer existent and historically disgraced British Empire have absolutely no place in the 21st century.

The honours list is a relic and serves to prop up the class system and all the injustices that go with it.

It's got to the stage where I now honour those who refuse the honours or send them back

I've just read that LS Lowry has refused more honours than anyone else - what a top man he really was .

Old 26-12-2017, 05:06 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Clegg? Wum surely? WTF
His service to destroying the LibDems as a major political force for generations to come, hopefully

Old 26-12-2017, 05:38 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
His service to destroying the LibDems as a major political force for generations to come, hopefully

Indeed.

I'd love to know what possessed Cleggy and the Lib Dems into believing that they could prosper long term as a result of going into coalition with the Tories.

It was a bizzare decision, I remember most political pundits saying at the time that it would harm him and his party long term. 😯