United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Old 12-09-2017, 08:31 AM
Jethro

Highly enjoyable. Some of the horror elements were a tad weak, but the story was excellent. Walking back to my car via a deserted promenade last night at midnight wasn't creepy at all.

Old 12-09-2017, 08:49 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Highly enjoyable. Some of the horror elements were a tad weak, but the story was excellent. Walking back to my car via a deserted promenade last night at midnight wasn't creepy at all.
"Where ya going, Jets?"

Old 12-09-2017, 09:45 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
Went see it last night and as far as horror films ive seen in the cinema n the last ten years i thought it was utterly brilliant. Much more than just a "make them jump" horror. Had loads of other shit going on. Thought it was extremely funny at times, lost my shit and laughed out loud at the "gazebos" comment. At least i think he said gazebos because nobody else seemed to laugh. There were also some genuinely freak/scary bits that had the heart racing. Very surprising i must say. Solid, solid 9/10.

Made me think of this

Old 12-09-2017, 06:14 PM
Spock

good fun, about 30 mins too long in my opinion but the kids are great. Never seen the original so can't compare 7/10

Old 05-10-2017, 06:42 PM
TheFatGoth

Good film but not particularly scary. Probably down to the over familiarity of pennywise and the story. Was more like The Goonies for adults. Enjoyed it though.

Old 05-10-2017, 08:22 PM
AK14

Complete and utter shit

Way to much CGI

The kid out of stranger things was funny.

Old 05-10-2017, 08:37 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Complete and utter shit

Way to much CGI

The kid out of stranger things was funny.
Not that bad but still bang average and overhyped

Better out there

Old 06-10-2017, 01:19 AM
Crumps

I liked it. Decent adaptation and a hell of a lot better than the original TV movie that was barely saved by a Tim Curry masterclass. I assume anyone bigging the original up hasnít seen it since they were about 12 because itís absolutely painful to watch with some horrible wooden performances. Looking forward to the second half of it as with the money itís pulled there should be good money available for top drawer actors. Was hoping theyíd be a little more faithful to the book in terms of the macro verse shit.

Suspect if it hadnít made so much money people would be a little kinder to it too. A hell of a lot didnít give it a chance from the second it was announced tbf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
My cousin put to red helium balloons in the boot of his car to scare his bird. However he got pissed and forgot about them and scared himself on Saturday morning outside work.