United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-09-2016, 10:55 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Considering how skilful he is, he's looked uncoordinated the whole tournament bar a few natural off the cuff moments. It's come too early, Serie A isn't the challenge, he knows he needs to move & take the next step. I doubt it'll be to Madrid which is liable to be more pressure than the last few weeks every week for him. He's a wonderful player & Deschamps is a %@#$&!. He should be a Lampard type third midfielder allowed to burst forward & some defensive security behind him.
^ From the "Welcome back Paul Pogba" thread in June, I can't fathom why for the last two or three years he's played in midfield three's alongside the likes of Pirlo, Marchisio, Vidal, Khedira, Hernanes etc & not been given the defensive responsibility. He also, as above, looked like stepping up from Serie A to an International tournament & being dropped deeper never suited him, at all.

He is, & I firmly believe always will be, a progressive attacking midfielder who should be given licence to get forward with a deeper playmaker & someone with the legs & quality to get around the pitch behind.

& a front three, of pace & power.

So...

Think Chelsea 2005 & Pogba as a Lampard type as I mentioned above. It never worked playing Lampard in a midfield 2 either, but stick him in a 3 & he banged in 20 a season & caused carnage.

Play your best players in their natural positions

---------------------------De Gea--------------------------------

Valencia--------Bailly--------------Blind----------Shaw

----------------------------Carrick------------------------------

-------Timmy or Schneiders--------Pogba------------

Miki---------------------------------------Rashers/Martial

---------------------------Zlatan/Rashers--------------------

Interchange the forwards as you need, 4-3-3. We'll be a different side & Pogba flourishes.

IF he needs to be developed further & Jose thinks he can be more box-to-box like a Vieira, I'm not really buying it to be honest, he's an explosive attacking talent. Use him as such.

Unread 13-09-2016, 10:57 AM
dragflick

Quote:
^ From the "Welcome back Paul Pogba" thread in June, I can't fathom why for the last two or three years he's played in midfield three's alongside the likes of Pirlo, Marchisio, Vidal, Khedira, Hernanes etc & not been given the defensive responsibility. He also, as above, looked like stepping up from Serie A to an International tournament & being dropped deeper never suited him, at all.

He is, & I firmly believe always will be, a progressive attacking midfielder who should be given licence to get forward with a deeper playmaker & someone with the legs & quality to get around the pitch behind.

So...

Think Chelsea 2005 & Pogba as a Lampard type as I mentioned above. It never worked playing Lampard in a midfield 2 either, but stick him in a 3 & he banged in 20 a season & caused carnage.

Play you best players in their natural positions

Interchange the forwards as you need, 4-3-3. We'll be a different side & Pogba flourishes.

IF he needs to be developed further & Jose thinks he can be more box-to-box like a Vieira, I'm not really buying it to be honest, he's an explosive attacking talent. Use him as such.
Agreed.

But don't forget we need to shoe-horn Rooney in somewhere...

Unread 13-09-2016, 10:57 AM
jem

Quote:

So...

Play your best players in their natural positions

obvs.

Unread 13-09-2016, 11:36 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

It's 4 games in and the team had a collective 'mare, I've seen enough in the other games to tell me he'll ultimately be alright, the media have gone to town because he was massively expensive and he plays for us. Herrera improved things massively when he came on, he deserves a fair shake.

As an aside Timmy Mensah being touted as a starting defensive mid in our strongest 11 on the basis of barely 6 games worth of first team playing time all over the back 4 is ridiculous. He has shown flashes but he's nowhere near ready for regular first team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
it's not true and it's not even a fair comparison.

there is a very fair comparison to be made between how guardiola does at city and how mourinho does at united...

they arrive in manchester with massive reputations, massive egos, the media hanging off their clingers, each with a blank chequebook and each with exactly the same preparation time - they have their clubs eating out of their hands and are free to do whatever the £#%&! they want.

at the moment jose has got results but is not picking the right team and the football is a bit of a struggle. every united fan knows full well there's more than a fair chance that he'll continue to pick the wrong team. meanwhile guardiola's simple structure looks to be translating easily to the PL and no-one seems remotely bothered about the personnel.
Hang on didn't you say van Gaal failed for 2 years because of the players? (I paraphrase you actually said something about van Gaal's failure saying more about our players IIRC) Jose has brought what 3 players in and he's supposed to do the same level of job as Pep with a squad that failed van Gaal (in your opinion)?

Unread 13-09-2016, 11:56 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Agreed.

In place of Mickey Tremble until he gets up to speed with the English game.

Unread 13-09-2016, 12:00 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
In place of Mickey Tremble until he gets up to speed with the English game.
Or Rashers right, Martial left

Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Agreed.

We've got the Europa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
obvs.
Come next summer, or even January, a Carrick replacement is essential.

I can't think of too many players capable of doing that, aside from Verratti, off the top of my head. He'd cost a £#%&!ing fortune obviously.

Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Hang on didn't you say van Gaal failed for 2 years because of the players? (I paraphrase you actually said something about van Gaal's failure saying more about our players IIRC) Jose has brought what 3 players in and he's supposed to do the same level of job as Pep with a squad that failed van Gaal (in your opinion)?
no.

it won't surprise me one bit if some of united's players can't grasp mourinho's tactics either.

Unread 13-09-2016, 01:27 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
mhiki didn't press kolarov into the corner, but was he supposed to? really?

if so, it's odd that his captain was standing literally 10 metres away to his left and didn't say a word to him.
Any comeback On This blatant lie ?

Provided 3 freeze frame pics (time stamped) you going to swerve this yeah ?

Unread 13-09-2016, 01:37 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Unread 13-09-2016, 01:40 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

i haven't trawled the thread. soz.

i've watched the clips though so...

Unread 13-09-2016, 01:42 PM
Sizlack

Quote:

Rooney did only respond after the crowd was berating mickey t for a few seconds tbf.

Unread 13-09-2016, 01:53 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
i haven't trawled the thread. soz.

i've watched the clips though so...
Apology accepted, just hope the rest of the public forum can take you at face value....

Unread 13-09-2016, 01:54 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Apology accepted, just hope the rest of the public forum can take you at face value....
i apologize for nothing

i don't even know what you're talking about you oddball

Unread 13-09-2016, 02:04 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:

Unread 13-09-2016, 02:05 PM
Sizlack

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...ow-their-words

Zlatan on Pogba

Unread 13-09-2016, 02:11 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
i apologize for nothing

i don't even know what you're talking about you oddball
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=155

It's ok, don't get mad.

Unread 13-09-2016, 02:34 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
you've lot the £#%&!ing plot

£#%&!ing hell.

Unread 13-09-2016, 02:55 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
i apologize for nothing

Unread 18-09-2016, 02:59 PM
Bunker Buster

So we're still running with 'it's the players around him' that's the issue ?
Closed Thread