United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Other Sports & Fitness

Old 06-03-2016, 12:03 PM
no fun

Has anyone done the Gary glitter joke yet ?

Old 06-03-2016, 12:13 PM
ryanMUFC

Used to go to Belle Vue now and again.
If you didnt win it was a pretty shit night.

Old 06-03-2016, 12:38 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC View Post
Used to go to Belle Vue now and again.
If you didnt win it was a pretty shit night.
My dad used to take me there when I was a nipper. They used to race Wednesday and Saturday nights back then and the spectator areas around the track were really very busy. Used to be a picture house (Essoldo) nearby, I well remember Gone With The Wind being shown there circa 1953.
White City was another place he used to take me - just along from Unitedīs ground. Racing on Monday and Thursday nights. They knocked that down and it became a massive car park on match days.

Old 06-03-2016, 12:39 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonred View Post
My dad used to take me there when I was a nipper. They used to race Wednesday and Saturday nights back then and the spectator areas around the track were really very busy. Used to be a picture house (Essoldo) nearby, I well remember Gone With The Wind being shown there circa 1953.
White City was another place he used to take me - just along from Unitedīs ground. Racing on Monday and Thursday nights. They knocked that down and it became a massive car park on match days.
I've seen dogs running around that car park

Old 06-03-2016, 12:53 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonred View Post
White city has been a (pretty shit) retail park since I remember. Remember sitting in the Pizza Hut there around 2000 seeing United and West ham fans cause absolute chaos after they knocked us out of the cup.

Old 06-03-2016, 03:20 PM
irk

Quote:
White city has been a (pretty shit) retail park since I remember. Remember sitting in the Pizza Hut there around 2000 seeing United and West ham fans cause absolute chaos after they knocked us out of the cup.
The ICF just will not queue up for the salad bar

Old 06-03-2016, 03:21 PM
HarkNowHear

I know about dogs

They are all c***s

Old 06-03-2016, 03:38 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear View Post
I know about dogs

They are all c***s
Ah, bite rather than lick..it's always a risk

Old 06-03-2016, 10:16 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
That bowling alley (with a bar) used to be a regular meeting place for united's firm in the late 90's. It was very very weird, you had all these complete head the balls mixing it up with families taking their kids bowling.

Not sure it lasted long tbf - and not sure where they went after that - probably some kids ball pool to continue the theme.

Old 06-03-2016, 10:30 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith View Post
That bowling alley (with a bar) used to be a regular meeting place for united's firm in the late 90's. It was very very weird, you had all these complete head the balls mixing it up with families taking their kids bowling.

Not sure it lasted long tbf - and not sure where they went after that - probably some kids ball pool to continue the theme.
Remember it well. There was a Wimpy burger place inside.