United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Other Sports & Fitness
Reply
 
Old 06-03-2016, 12:03 PM
no fun
 
Default

Has anyone done the Gary glitter joke yet ?
 
Old 06-03-2016, 12:13 PM
ryanMUFC
 
Default

Used to go to Belle Vue now and again.
If you didnt win it was a pretty shit night.
 
Old 06-03-2016, 12:38 PM
ashtonred
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC View Post
Used to go to Belle Vue now and again.
If you didnt win it was a pretty shit night.
My dad used to take me there when I was a nipper. They used to race Wednesday and Saturday nights back then and the spectator areas around the track were really very busy. Used to be a picture house (Essoldo) nearby, I well remember Gone With The Wind being shown there circa 1953.
White City was another place he used to take me - just along from Unitedīs ground. Racing on Monday and Thursday nights. They knocked that down and it became a massive car park on match days.
 
Old 06-03-2016, 12:39 PM
wiganste
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonred View Post
My dad used to take me there when I was a nipper. They used to race Wednesday and Saturday nights back then and the spectator areas around the track were really very busy. Used to be a picture house (Essoldo) nearby, I well remember Gone With The Wind being shown there circa 1953.
White City was another place he used to take me - just along from Unitedīs ground. Racing on Monday and Thursday nights. They knocked that down and it became a massive car park on match days.
I've seen dogs running around that car park
 
Old 06-03-2016, 12:53 PM
ryanMUFC
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonred View Post
My dad used to take me there when I was a nipper. They used to race Wednesday and Saturday nights back then and the spectator areas around the track were really very busy. Used to be a picture house (Essoldo) nearby, I well remember Gone With The Wind being shown there circa 1953.
White City was another place he used to take me - just along from Unitedīs ground. Racing on Monday and Thursday nights. They knocked that down and it became a massive car park on match days.
White city has been a (pretty shit) retail park since I remember. Remember sitting in the Pizza Hut there around 2000 seeing United and West ham fans cause absolute chaos after they knocked us out of the cup.
 
Old 06-03-2016, 03:20 PM
irk
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC View Post
White city has been a (pretty shit) retail park since I remember. Remember sitting in the Pizza Hut there around 2000 seeing United and West ham fans cause absolute chaos after they knocked us out of the cup.
The ICF just will not queue up for the salad bar
 
Old 06-03-2016, 03:21 PM
HarkNowHear
 
Default

I know about dogs


They are all c***s
 
Old 06-03-2016, 03:38 PM
no fun
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear View Post
I know about dogs


They are all c***s
Ah, bite rather than lick..it's always a risk
 
Old 06-03-2016, 10:16 PM
My Name is Keith
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC View Post
White city has been a (pretty shit) retail park since I remember. Remember sitting in the Pizza Hut there around 2000 seeing United and West ham fans cause absolute chaos after they knocked us out of the cup.
That bowling alley (with a bar) used to be a regular meeting place for united's firm in the late 90's. It was very very weird, you had all these complete head the balls mixing it up with families taking their kids bowling.

Not sure it lasted long tbf - and not sure where they went after that - probably some kids ball pool to continue the theme.
 
Old 06-03-2016, 10:30 PM
ryanMUFC
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith View Post
That bowling alley (with a bar) used to be a regular meeting place for united's firm in the late 90's. It was very very weird, you had all these complete head the balls mixing it up with families taking their kids bowling.

Not sure it lasted long tbf - and not sure where they went after that - probably some kids ball pool to continue the theme.
Remember it well. There was a Wimpy burger place inside.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Greyhound racing
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Greyhound Tip: East Anglian Greyhound Derby Final - Tonight Brenner Gamblers Anonymous 7 23-09-2009 09:43 AM
Now Greyhound buses are in the UK Tierra Del Fuego Main Forum 7 21-08-2009 05:59 PM
greyhound racing... marlo stansfield Main Forum 6 07-05-2008 12:33 PM
The Greyhound Pub - Wemberlee, Pre-Match Brenner Main Forum 35 21-05-2007 04:43 PM
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:17 PM.

Copyright Đ2006 - 2016 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.