United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-07-2012, 07:56 PM
Tumescent Throb

remember the one where mick harford barged into giggs with everything he had and giggs somehow just bounced off him and kept the ball? then he whacked over a cross of such perfectly arcing majesty that it was as if it had been painted into the air by god himself? and Cantona met it 8ft off the floor and told it with his forehead to whizz past segers at the speed of light high into the stretford end net? that one

Unread 02-07-2012, 07:56 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
pity though cus the BBC coverage was £#%&!ing shit as well, but the figures tend to reinforce the BBC policy of jobs for the boys, earning the likes of Shearer and Keown another contract and Jake Humphreys another pointless jolly no doubt. Scandalous really.
yep, the bbc team continue to show that together, they have the all the tactical insight of an out of date walnut whip.

Unread 02-07-2012, 07:57 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Indeed. If they *had* to have an England goal in there, how about Welbeck's??
fluke. he was trying to do a bergkamp but wasn't good enough. somehow it bobbled off the back of his leg and went in.

Unread 02-07-2012, 07:58 PM
believe

Quote:
remember the one where mick harford barged into giggs with everything he had and giggs somehow just bounced off him and kept the ball? then he whacked over a cross of such perfectly arcing majesty that it was as if it had been painted into the air by god himself? and Cantona met it 8ft off the floor and told it with his forehead to whizz past segers at the speed of light high into the stretford end net? that one
he stooped

Unread 02-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
yep, the bbc team continue to show that together, they have the all the tactical insight of an out of date walnut whip.
what those in date walnut whips don't know about 4-3-3 isn't worth knowing i always say

Unread 02-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
he stooped
he £#%&!ing did not. look, i know which one I mean okay

Unread 02-07-2012, 08:01 PM
believe

Quote:
he £#%&!ing did not. look, i know which one I mean okay
"know which one's i mean", i think. you appear to be thinking about four different cantona goals.

Unread 02-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
what those in date walnut whips don't know about 4-3-3 isn't worth knowing i always say
then you'd be bloody right then, wouldn't you?

Unread 02-07-2012, 08:05 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
that's very naive of you, what the £#%&! are you thinking about

the Gk would be a classic timewasting opportunity. you could also kill the end of many a match to switch your keeper for the penalty shoot-out as well - especially if both sides did it.
You're not going to take off your first-choice 'keeper in an important match to waste time, surely?

New 'keepers on for the shootouts is no problem, imo. Again, few teams would actually do it.

A team playing with ten men for half an hour of an important game for no real reason is a bigger issue.

Unread 02-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Tumescent Throb

august 31st 1994 apparently

anyway, found this while I was looking for it

Unread 02-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
"know which one's i mean", i think. you appear to be thinking about four different cantona goals.
i'm always thinking about at least 4

Unread 02-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Zorg

Quote:
"ones"

hth.
Closed Thread