Closed Thread

Unread 09-08-2011, 10:24 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Re: Cleverley called up into the England squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Shame for Cleverly - probably would have got some minutes
He'll get plenty of chances.

Well as long as Stuart Pearce is never England manager.

Unread 09-08-2011, 10:44 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
So you're saying fabio is a better player than Walker in a position he doesn't play or we have ever seen? Had a £#%&!ing mare here ginners.

Unread 09-08-2011, 11:39 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
England-Holland game off now.
surprised the riots weren't about that in the first place.

Unread 09-08-2011, 11:44 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Shame for Cleverly - probably would have got some minutes
he's in line to start against west brom, the last thing he needs is to leave the squad and get confused by capello three days before the season starts.

Unread 09-08-2011, 11:55 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
he's in line to start against west brom, the last thing he needs is to leave the squad and get confused by capello three days before the season starts.

Unread 09-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
fair point

Unread 09-08-2011, 01:32 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
It still baffles me that Pearce was offered a new contract after the tournament.

The fact he got the job in the first place is ridiculous but to reward him for failure is a major £#%&! up. Surely there's loads of people who could do a better job.
There's me for a start.

Unread 09-08-2011, 01:34 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
There's me for a start.
and Dave Charlton.

Unread 09-08-2011, 01:50 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Get confused by Capello...

Unread 09-08-2011, 02:42 PM
antonin jablonsky

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Fe...es-hurdle.aspx

Cleverley clears hurdle

Tom Cleverley’s encouraging Wembley debut for the Reds and subsequent England call-up are reward for his hard work and ambition as a young player.

The midfielder shone in his second-half appearance against Manchester City on Sunday and was poised to make his senior international bow on Wednesday until England’s friendly against the Netherlands was called off.

Things are going well for the 21-year-old but he admits he once doubted whether he could make it as a footballer, as he revealed during our exclusive webchat during United’s pre-season tour of the USA.

“When I was younger my physical attributes used to get me down,” he said. “I used to wonder if I'd ever grow as big as the other players.

“But youth team coach Paul McGuinness and Eric Harrison told me not to worry, stick at it and your physical development will come. That was good advice.”

Cleverley knows he needs to continue to develop his game if he is to play for the first team on a regular basis this season, but is already aiming to emulate team-mate Chris Smalling by playing in the Champions League.

“I'm always looking to get better – I want to get faster and stronger, I want to improve my left foot and my heading ability too,” he added.

“I'd like to be able to control games a bit more, perhaps learn how to slow the game down a bit, instead of playing at a fast pace all the time.

Unread 09-08-2011, 02:46 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Fe...es-hurdle.aspx

Cleverley clears hurdle

Tom Cleverley’s encouraging Wembley debut for the Reds and subsequent England call-up are reward for his hard work and ambition as a young player.

The midfielder shone in his second-half appearance against Manchester City on Sunday and was poised to make his senior international bow on Wednesday until England’s friendly against the Netherlands was called off.

Things are going well for the 21-year-old but he admits he once doubted whether he could make it as a footballer, as he revealed during our exclusive webchat during United’s pre-season tour of the USA.

“When I was younger my physical attributes used to get me down,” he said. “I used to wonder if I'd ever grow as big as the other players.

“But youth team coach Paul McGuinness and Eric Harrison told me not to worry, stick at it and your physical development will come. That was good advice.”

Cleverley knows he needs to continue to develop his game if he is to play for the first team on a regular basis this season, but is already aiming to emulate team-mate Chris Smalling by playing in the Champions League.

“I'm always looking to get better – I want to get faster and stronger, I want to improve my left foot and my heading ability too,” he added.

“I'd like to be able to control games a bit more, perhaps learn how to slow the game down a bit, instead of playing at a fast pace all the time.
Talks like he plays. Very enthusiastic and eager to learn. I don't mean to single him out, but compare him with Darron Gibson. Gibson just lumbers round the pitch and goes missing and hiding. Cleverley's aggression, positivity and ethusiasm spread through the side at the weekend. He won't play well every week and is rough round the edges, but if he's willing to work as hard as he does and play positively then that'll stand him in good stead.
Closed Thread