United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Hugh Jardon

Default Re: Anderson - can he step it up this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
He thinks he's Ronaldhino, but without the track record
He thinks he's Ronaldhino, but without the skill

Unread 18-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Of course he will. It was only about 18 months ago that Fergie talked about Anderson in the same breath as Keane and Robson. Fortunately, Fergie doesn't lack the perspective of a lot of football watchers. He is well aware that going through difficulties, both in their growth as players and as people, is common for young players, and he's always been prepared to be patient if he believes the potential will reward it. He'll still believe he can turn Anderson into the world-class player he should be.
Should we be pushing him in that position/role though? Would he be more suited to a more creative/attacking role?

Unread 18-08-2010, 05:45 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
Should we be pushing him in that position/role though? Would he be more suited to a more creative/attacking role?
seen nothing of him to suggest that. even when he was on top form he still turned to shit when he got within 30 yards of goal.

Unread 18-08-2010, 05:58 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
Initially it was good for him, but as time has gone on I think playing deep and being given so much defensive responsibility has hindered him and repressed his attacking instincts too much. The last time he played in an advanced role at City in the Carling Cup he looked completely confused as to what his job in the team was.

I certainly think a lot of tactical work and preparation on the training ground is needed to define and develop his best position in the side. He can do a job in a two-man midfield, but he's a player who, when playing for Brazil at youth level and for Porto, looked better when given plenty of freedom to drift around the pitch.

Unread 18-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Darth Vidic

I agree, but when you hear Fergie talking about him like that, it sounds like he's going to persist with him in a more restricted role.

Unread 18-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Luffy

he used to be a ronaldinho like skillful no.10 but those days are behind him due to injury. will he ever get back there? not without lots of playing time.

he was at his best when he had to be thrown in due to injury. he had to step up and he did. before that he looked shaky and afterwards - when he was being rotated - he's started looking shaky again.

bottom line is he needs to be thrown in and left to blossom. like nani.

Unread 18-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Darth Vidic

Would agree with that, in the sense that getting regular games will be a massive help to his development. Ronaldo didn't have anyone to be rotated with really.

Unread 18-08-2010, 09:59 PM
M-13

too much of a big time charlie, and will never step up at United.

Unread 20-08-2010, 11:07 PM
Sandman

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...chester-united

Unread 21-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
"Maybe it has been a good thing he has been injured for a spell because he can look at his situation at Manchester United calmly. That injury quelled the storm in his body. He came back to Carrington with the same enthusiasm, telling me: 'I am ready, I'm ready.' It is fantastic to see that from a young lad and he will get his opportunity."
Sounds like the same enthusiasm he had with that hooker; '£#%&!, £#%&!, £#%&!'

Unread 21-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Part 36 Offer

he wants to play every game

he £#%&!ing hides it well the fat useless @#%&!.

what a waste of £#%&!ing space he has been for 2 years. the fat little #@&%!.

so much talent as well.

£#%&!ing #@&%!.

Unread 21-08-2010, 01:38 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
he wants to play every game

he £#%&!ing hides it well the fat useless @#%&!.

what a waste of £#%&!ing space he has been for 2 years. the fat little #@&%!.

so much talent as well.

£#%&!ing #@&%!
Find it hard to disagree with that, sadly :shakehead:

Come on fatso, prove us wrong

Unread 21-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
look at his quotes you've posted, seems like a fantastic attitude to me, a bit more perseverance will do him and united good in the end
Hope your right.

Unread 21-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Basically what you're saying is he's uncomfortable on the ball?

Remember his miskick against Barcelona in Rome. Just one instance but it summed up that night and his contribution.
is there a gif or clip of this anywhere?! I was at the £#%&!ing match and cant remember this incident at all...

Unread 21-08-2010, 05:04 PM
The Watcher

Exclamation Re: Anderson - can he step it up this year?

Quote:
"He has an incredible personality, he loves football, he loves training. He wants to play every game and train every day.

It is a problem for me because he has not got that maturity to understand that we operate a squad here. When he does understand that, he will be a fantastic performer.

Whether we can change that mentality is difficult to say. I don't want to change it in some ways, because you do like to see someone who wants to play every minute of every day.

If you have someone with that enthusiasm, you have to be careful you don't check it to the point where he loses it and the player wants to leave. Last season he was talking about leaving because he wasn't playing in every game.

Maybe it has been a good thing he has been injured for a spell because he can look at his situation at Manchester United calmly. That injury quelled the storm in his body. He came back to Carrington with the same enthusiasm, telling me: 'I am ready, I'm ready.' It is fantastic to see that from a young lad and he will get his opportunity."
Interesting quotes from Fergie. Obviously still has a lot of faith in Anderson. Let's hope he can repay that faith

Unread 22-08-2010, 12:28 AM
Argentina

People on here questioning his ability is as ridiculous as the hype around him when he first came into the team.

It was similar with Veron when he first signed. People talking about him being a Red Legend because he played in a good Argentinian side. I remember seeing an advert in Red Snooze for a framed picture of red legends and Veron was in it about 2 months after he signed alongside Cantona, Robson, Edwards et al. I £#%&!ing hate that from United fans.

Anyway, Anderson will come good because he has the right people around him.

Unread 22-08-2010, 12:42 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
People on here questioning his ability is as ridiculous as the hype around him when he first came into the team.

It was similar with Veron when he first signed. People talking about him being a Red Legend because he played in a good Argentinian side. I remember seeing an advert in Red Snooze for a framed picture of red legends and Veron was in it about 2 months after he signed alongside Cantona, Robson, Edwards et al. I £#%&!ing hate that from United fans.

Anyway, Anderson will come good because he has the right people around him.
Closed Thread