Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
He's better than Park.
No he isn't, I don't think.

But he is a different type of player to Park, or to the other players we currently have as cover for Giggs, Ronaldo and Nani in wide areas - Hargreaves, Fletcher (even Rooney out wide won't hit the deadball line, for instance).

Unread 17-04-2008, 09:32 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether

Interesting fact - Rico and Downing have both scored the same number of goals over the past 4 seasons, this despite Downing starting over twice as many games as Richardson
very interesting.

Unread 17-04-2008, 09:35 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
very interesting.
is it

Unread 17-04-2008, 10:09 PM
revanoz

Yes in Internet forum Billy Bullshit speak: 'he would do a job.'

What that really means - he is an average player who should be nowhere near the United team.

Unread 17-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Vic Mackey

Quote:
He's better than Park.
Is he £#%&!.

Have you seen him play for England? Even against crap teams, he has looked totally out of his depth.

Probably one of those players that is best put at a small team like Boro where he is seen as a good prospect.

Unread 17-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Mackey
Is he £#%&!.

Have you seen him play for England? Even against crap teams, he has looked totally out of his depth.

Probably one of those players that is best put at a small team like Boro where he is seen as a good prospect.
I'm talking about Valencia.

Unread 17-04-2008, 10:29 PM
RedArmy20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Barry Fat Baps
Downing is not good enough for United. In fact hes £#%&!ing shit.
ehm seriously mate?

you must be one of those stupid £#%&!ing 12 year olds that know £#%&! all about football and just hate every other £#%&!ing team and player.

downing is a good player. he might not be able to cut it at united and be a player that we need. but he is a good player.

he is really important to boro, has great ball deliveries and scores as well. has some other good abilities as well.

he could certainly play for a better team than boro. but he is a loyal and committed lad and has stayed at boro.

Unread 17-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Vic Mackey

Quote:
I'm talking about Valencia.
Oh sorry mate, my apologies.

I agree about Valencia, though surely a right-back and striker need to be our priority.

Unread 17-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Part 36 Offer

We don't play with conventional wingers so buying Downing would be fruitless. He wouldn't know how to spell tactical interplay, never mind play it.

As I posted elsewhere, Valencia has had an excellent season but our priorities should be in other positions at the moment.

Unread 17-04-2008, 11:08 PM
tatty

Quote:
He's better than Park.
I'm better than Park.

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:14 PM
Tumescent Throb

bump

Unread 16-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Betty

Valencia is quality and just what we need. Madrid are interested in him for 15 million.

Unread 16-01-2009, 11:58 AM
borsuk

valencia is a more than decent player but not what we need. downing is far from shit but he's also far from united quality. looks like a spurs signing to me, that one, as soon as they get rid of bentley.

united will be looking to buy a quality central m/fder in the summer, as i've said many times. someone who can do regularly what giggs did against chelsea: drive the play, run with the ball, make attacking passes, increase the tempo, chip in with goals from central midfield, cover back and play with real nous when we lose the ball. anderson has the tools to do it but he's a way off yet.

palacios is clearly a talent and is well suited to english football. atm he's the obvious choice. abroad? diego, perhaps. de rossi certainly if available. arshavin, maybe. perhaps the scouts have some surprises for us. it's clearly the area we need to strengthen. after that, a decision needs to be made on vds' successor and whether foster can be relied upon. if not, we need a keeper. beyond that, a lb, depending on fabio's quality and maturity. we're pretty well stocked for wide players atm unless ronnie leaves.
Closed Thread