United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-09-2008, 01:40 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Except, isn't it that he has a remarkably small forehead?
Err... I don't know what you're talking about

Unread 11-09-2008, 07:38 AM
MUFC One Love

I think Gerrard may struggle to get in the side now. Cappello isn't stupid. Wouldn't surprise me, with everyone being fit, if the same team starts the next game.

Rooney was sublime, that touch and through ball.

Unread 11-09-2008, 07:44 AM
keano's love

I liked Rooney's last pass. beautifully laid through. I think for rooney to be a success, he needs at least 2 people who will run past him and the defence so that he gets the space and to play the through balls.

berb and ronnie would be perfect to do that.

Gerrard will get back into the team. as much we deny it, he is a very good player. far better than lampard.

Unread 11-09-2008, 07:47 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
I liked Rooney's last pass. beautifully laid through. I think for rooney to be a success, he needs at least 2 people who will run past him and the defence so that he gets the space and to play the through balls.

berb and ronnie would be perfect to do that.

Gerrard will get back into the team. as much we deny it, he is a very good player. far better than lampard.
Rooney is one of the best at finding space and creating chances, that touch last night, beautiful football. He's been £#%&!ed about for to long and Fergie needs to settle him to a position. I watched the "He Goes By The Name Of..." 15 minute programme on Rooney on MUTV the other day, if anyone thinks he is shit watch that and see what he did last night. Needs a settled position to develop more now.

As for Gerrard/Lampard, I think if England are gonna play a system/style like last night Lampard suits it more, Gerrard really has lost his way recently imo.

Unread 11-09-2008, 08:05 AM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Rooney is one of the best at finding space and creating chances, that touch last night, beautiful football. He's been £#%&!ed about for to long and Fergie needs to settle him to a position. I watched the "He Goes By The Name Of..." 15 minute programme on Rooney on MUTV the other day, if anyone thinks he is shit watch that and see what he did last night. Needs a settled position to develop more now.

As for Gerrard/Lampard, I think if England are gonna play a system/style like last night Lampard suits it more, Gerrard really has lost his way recently imo.
imo, if we remove red tinted specs, he was one of the best players in the latter half the season last year.

Unread 11-09-2008, 08:08 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
imo, if we remove red tinted specs, he was one of the best players in the latter half the season last year.
He had a good spell, playing as a '2nd striker'.

Bit different to playing well in central midfield.

Unread 11-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
He's done it again. Almost uncanny.

You really couldn't make his stuff up.

Unread 11-09-2008, 02:03 PM
Thiago

Let's not go too overboard here, i'm happy about his performance last night and it'll set him well up for the bindippers but we need Ferguson to make sure he remains in the middle and uses his energy on Carragher and Hyypia as opposed to chasing down Liverpool's attackers

It'll be an absolute huge waste of a potential run of several weeks of goals/good form if we don't give him freedom to run at the Liverpool defence. And Liverpool have no wingers anyway so there's really no excuses for Fergie not to use him properly here.

We should let them worry about us, not the other way round. We have far too much going forward, even without Ronaldo to be worried about other teams let alone a team that is pretty negative, has no width, struggles to create chances and could be without one or both of their best players in a home game.

Unread 11-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiago
Let's not go too overboard here, i'm happy about his performance last night and it'll set him well up for the bindippers but we need Ferguson to make sure he remains in the middle and uses his energy on Carragher and Hyypia as opposed to chasing down Liverpool's attackers

It'll be an absolute huge waste of a potential run of several weeks of goals/good form if we don't give him freedom to run at the Liverpool defence. And Liverpool have no wingers anyway so there's really no excuses for Fergie not to use him properly here.

We should let them worry about us, not the other way round. We have far too much going forward, even without Ronaldo to be worried about other teams let alone a team that is pretty negative, has no width, struggles to create chances and could be without one or both of their best players in a home game.
The problem will arise when he plays ahead of Tevez the next time. He should be played as a second striker. End of.

He and berbatov could be unstoppable.

Unread 11-09-2008, 02:08 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
You really couldn't make his stuff up.
I'm thinking of setting up a betting system based on his predictions.

Unread 11-09-2008, 02:10 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
I'm thinking of setting up a betting system based on his predictions.
he is hilarious.

walcott has absolute NO end product, 8 hours later he scores a hattrick.

i dont know much about cricket or rugby but im sure he is equally wrong in both.

Unread 11-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
he is hilarious.

i dont know much about cricket or rugby but im sure he is equally wrong in both.

Aye, he was that mate.

Collingwoodgate will go down in forum history.

Unread 11-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
he is hilarious.

Collingwood

Harmison

Sidebottom

Fletcher

Fergie

Giggs
Closed Thread