United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-08-2008, 04:47 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
wouldn't be a surprise

don't like the little shit or rate him as a footballer, but he knows where the net is
I know Fergie likes him & apparently there was some interest a while ago.
He's a goal machine, no question about that (as Mickey Thomas would say) but I can't picture him in a United shirt.

Unread 29-08-2008, 04:50 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Where has the Donger gone?

I don't actually know.
I just know his contract was terminated by mutual consent.

I'm sure he'll be ok.
Maybe he'll just wander the streets from now on like the Littlest Hobo. Solving mysteries & befriending kids etc..

Unread 01-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Sloppy

Gone.

Unread 01-09-2008, 03:03 PM
caleb2003

If he has the fitness to pass a medical then UTD are either definitely already having a new signing waiting to be unveiled or Spurs have managed to £#%&! them over royally with this City bullshit.

If we don't sign anyone after letting Saha go then it is truly embarrassing.

Unread 01-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Elsey

Even worse as SAF declared him as fit last week.

The City thing sounds like the Newcastle Rooney situation, just force the price up to what Spurs want.

Unread 01-09-2008, 06:01 PM
Tiberian

Saha must be one of the great United missed opportunities. Alongside Veron he stands out from Fergie's time as a player who should have been brilliant and it just did not happen.

Despite all the criticism he has taken for his injuries and apparent mental weakness i always hoped he could get fit and playing. Simply because a fit and confident Saha is in the top 5 strikers in the country.

In 2006 he was outstanding, played a lot of games, helped Utd win the league by contributing greatly to the impressive start to the 06/07 season and almost as importantly he showed Utd fans that we could be be successful without RVN, and helped Utd re-find the attacking football with flair and pace that was missing for a long time in that 04-06 era.

With all the fuss today over Berbatov little has been made of Saha going, but for me at least Saha at his best was a superior player, and I hope he has a better time with his fitness at Everton.

Unread 01-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Elsey

I loved Saha as a player.

very gutted to see him gone, but understandable.

There is a young Englishman who is very similar to Louis as a player who strangely plies his trade with an over expensive Bulgarian.

Unread 01-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Saha must be one of the great United missed opportunities. Alongside Veron he stands out from Fergie's time as a player who should have been brilliant and it just did not happen.

Despite all the criticism he has taken for his injuries and apparent mental weakness i always hoped he could get fit and playing. Simply because a fit and confident Saha is in the top 5 strikers in the country.

In 2006 he was outstanding, played a lot of games, helped Utd win the league by contributing greatly to the impressive start to the 06/07 season and almost as importantly he showed Utd fans that we could be be successful without RVN, and helped Utd re-find the attacking football with flair and pace that was missing for a long time in that 04-06 era.

With all the fuss today over Berbatov little has been made of Saha going, but for me at least Saha at his best was a superior player, and I hope he has a better time with his fitness at Everton.

Don't get me started on Veron, the most pointless signing in the club's hostory.

As for Saha i'm delighted he's gone, the lad had ability the ability to be one of the best unfortunately it's not all about ability.

Unread 01-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsey
I loved Saha as a player.

very gutted to see him gone, but understandable.

There is a young Englishman who is very similar to Louis as a player who strangely plies his trade with an over expensive Bulgarian.
Bent was impressive yesterday. Totally isolated but worked very hard, won quite a few aerial balls, including one that led to his excellent finish and provided a decent outlet.

He would not have the technical ability of Saha, or the awareness of his teammates, but he has a lot of raw material to work with.
Closed Thread