United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-09-2008, 09:26 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
To be honest though Fuzzy we were missing our second best passing midfielder, our first choice holding midfielder, 42 goal attacker/winger and current first choice left winger who was replaced by a winger who was playing his first competetive match of the season.

So if we looked a bit toothless then we had good reason.
Yes and like I said it would be unfair for an opposition supporter to claim United were toothless in that respect.

Unread 01-09-2008, 09:30 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Yes and like I said it would be unfair for an opposition supporter to claim United were toothless in that respect.
It would, I was more commenting on the tactics of the two teams i mentioned though and how you can combat it on yestewrday's performance is all just thought a football discussion might be refreshing..

Unread 01-09-2008, 09:37 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
It would, I was more commenting on the tactics of the two teams i mentioned though and how you can combat it on yestewrday's performance is all just thought a football discussion might be refreshing..
Soz, my point seems rather irrelevant now. You do have a point about Liverpool but I would reserve judgement on Chelsea for now, considering I believe Robinho will join them.

Unread 01-09-2008, 09:40 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Soz, my point seems rather irrelevant now. You do have a point about Liverpool but I would reserve judgement on Chelsea for now, considering I believe Robinho will join them.
Hilarious Real having a pop at Chelsea about their tactics in trying to get Robinho, a player they had halfway out the door when employing identical tactics to get Ronnie.

I do reserve judgement on Chelsea but don't see how Robinho would change much in terms of them lacking any width. he might even make it more congested in the middle.

Unread 01-09-2008, 09:40 AM
Gog Coch

Scolari will slowly stop Chelsea playing the long ball.

Unread 01-09-2008, 09:50 AM
Ginners

went to the chelsea spurs game yesterday (free ticket)

wasnt a bad game, thought spurs were quite comfortable, modric looks a bit off the pace of the premiership, showed some nice touches though. chelsea were pretty poor overall, deco had a bad game, they miss drogba a lot

Unread 01-09-2008, 09:50 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Hilarious Real having a pop at Chelsea about their tactics in trying to get Robinho, a player they had halfway out the door when employing identical tactics to get Ronnie.
Yes I heard that, unbelievable cheek.

Unread 01-09-2008, 09:56 AM
MUFC One Love

All you heard was how they're missing Gerrard and then when Torres went off, how they're missing him.

We're missing a full midfield. Nothing really said, if we struggle it just shows we're 'struggling' and that's that, not that half of the team is out.

Jamie 'I Love Chelsea' Redknapp, after always going on about how good Chelsea are and how important it is to win even early in the season, suddenly plays down a draw at home to Spurs and claims they're missing Drogba, despite him not mentioning Drogba this season yet and all you've heard is how Deco is the best £8m buy ever. The same player who yesterday was completely wasteful on the ball and was never gonna make a run into the box to make something happen.

Unread 01-09-2008, 09:58 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
The same player who yesterday was completely wasteful on the ball and was never gonna make a run into the box to make something happen.
To be honest, chelsea just had too many players in the middle of the pitch yesterday, at times 5 of them could've held hands they were so close to eachother.

Unread 01-09-2008, 10:02 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
To be honest, chelsea just had too many players in the middle of the pitch yesterday, at times 5 of them could've held hands they were so close to eachother.
Yep, I found it odd, considering they're double champions, looking to retain both trophies and play like Brazil.

Oh wait...

Unread 01-09-2008, 10:05 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Yep, I found it odd, considering they're double champions, looking to retain both trophies and play like Brazil.

Oh wait...
It was similar against wigan from what I saw.
Closed Thread