Originally Posted by Teville
Dong ?
lol.

Unread 23-08-2008, 09:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
That's hypothetical.

Liverpool's interest, Keane's transfer request and the actual transfer happened very quickly so why would he have reason to be disgruntled? Who knows how he would have reacted if they had told him to stick his 'dream move' up his arse and play?

In fact one could argue that Spurs acquiesced to all of Keane's requests in very short order and none of Berbatov's over a much longer period, and you should know, if indeed you aren't just a figment of Ethers imagination , that nothing serves to disgruntle and disillusion an employee more than seeing another treated differently.

It may well be that Berbatov is thinking to himself 'well I wanted to leave last year and they said no so I played on for a season, have conducted myself with dignity and silence throughout the months of this episode privately making it clear my desires, and Keane gets his transfer in 10 minutes flat so where has that got me?

And you know what, he'd have a point.
Beautifully put. And Spot on.

The whole Keane thing has £#%&!ed me off no end in this. Liverpool 'tapped' him up through the papers then shit themselves at being reported and slapped in a ludicrous bid, which Levy took with the air of a man who couldn't believe his luck.

United do nothing of the sort, are carted through the media as @#%&!s of the highest order while Levy continues to eek ever last penny he can (Not that I blame him) It's just the double standards that do my head in.

Unread 23-08-2008, 09:45 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Berb may come to us, but if he does spurs will look just as weak as we would have had we sold ronnie to madrid and i'd have no respect for them at all
I can just imagine Levy in the emergency board meeting..

'Well I'm inclined to sell but, and I'm sure I speak for the whole board when I say this, I don't feel this club can afford to lose Lou Macari Chippy's respect'.

Unread 23-08-2008, 10:08 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
like i say if tevez is forced on the bench while some berbatov experiment takes place which costs us games fans will get pissed off. If berbatove gets stoppy because things are not going his way - he'll get booed, it's the style of player he is - genius or slapped arse, seems there's no middle ground and at OT the slapped arse routine wont go down well. thats all.
a- There'll be plenty of rotation amongst the forwards. Shit. We might even have 5 or 6 if Saha stays, Manucho gets his permit, Campbell stays and Berbie signs...However they will know this and be aware of this.

b- The slapped arse stroppy attitude of Berbatov is, I believe, a result of him not being allowed to join us.

c- I don't think for one second he will act like a @#%&! given the chance to represent the shirt. It will be like a dream come true for him.

Unread 24-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Tumescent Throb

comedy thread

best bit was Ronaldo did everything he could to force a move - bar handing in a transfer request

Unread 24-08-2008, 10:02 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
a- There'll be plenty of rotation amongst the forwards. Shit. We might even have 5 or 6 if Saha stays, Manucho gets his permit, Campbell stays and Berbie signs...However they will know this and be aware of this.

b- The slapped arse stroppy attitude of Berbatov is, I believe, a result of him not being allowed to join us.

c- I don't think for one second he will act like a @#%&! given the chance to represent the shirt. It will be like a dream come true for him.
Of course. But some people cannot see this.

If we end up getting (and I'm not getting giddy until we do because Spurs are acting the @#%&!) he'll be an amazing player for us.

Unread 24-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Spock

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I can just imagine Levy in the emergency board meeting..

'Well I'm inclined to sell but, and I'm sure I speak for the whole board when I say this, I don't feel this club can afford to lose Lou Macari Chippy's respect'.
Closed Thread