United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-01-2007, 09:55 AM
puressence

Default ferdinand ..opinion on him

honest come on .. hes not as good as people make out is he ..

Unread 22-01-2007, 09:56 AM
Whalefish

No. He's good but he's not that good.

If we don't win owt this season I can see him leaving.

Unread 22-01-2007, 09:57 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
No. He's good but he's not that good.

If we don't win owt this season I can see him leaving.
come on chelsea

Unread 22-01-2007, 09:57 AM
armchair

Great when he's fully concentrated but often switches off.

Unread 22-01-2007, 09:58 AM
wiganste

When we were 1-0 up yesterday he was solid at the back. He did nothing wrong and I was thinking about doing a post saying I think there's no one better at defending corners than him.

Then he loses concentration to allow Henry nip in for the winner and I'm thinking he's a wobbly gobbed @#%&!. The fickle nature of the football fan eh?

Unread 22-01-2007, 10:01 AM
elephantstone

he believes his hype too much and thinks he can coast through games. He cost us the game yesterday.

Unread 22-01-2007, 10:05 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
When we were 1-0 up yesterday he was solid at the back. He did nothing wrong and I was thinking about doing a post saying I think there's no one better at defending corners than him.

Then he loses concentration to allow Henry nip in for the winner and I'm thinking he's a wobbly gobbed @#%&!. The fickle nature of the football fan eh?
ste he was lucky to get away with that clearance in the second half when he just passed it back to henry

Unread 22-01-2007, 10:07 AM
borsuk

he's a tremendous defender whose mistakes stand out because he's so good.

evra/heinze were more at fault for the second goal - they shouldn't have let the cross come in. there was a similar situation in the first half when adebayor crossed from our left for henry to have a free header.

evra had a great game going forward but i thought neville was fantastic yesterday in defence. henry was drifting out to the left all the time and neville's positioning was superb - evra could learn a lot from him. actually, i suspect the reason for heinze coming on was to strengthen the left side of defence for that reason. didn't work though :>(

i wonder if evra might end up playing further forward at some point. he certainly has the skills.

Unread 22-01-2007, 10:08 AM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
honest come on .. hes not as good as people make out is he ..

Well he is better than you make him out to be.

nft

Unread 22-01-2007, 10:09 AM
S/Side.Red

He is the most naturally gifted defender in the Europe, and he was outstanding yesterday.

How do we know Henry was his man, by the way? It looked to me from the replay that Rio was covering Adebayor and it was Vidic who was marking open space at the front post when there was already a defender (Heinze I think) there.

If you think Ferdinand is in any way a weak link you're off your head.

Unread 22-01-2007, 10:14 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He is the most naturally gifted defender in the Europe, and he was outstanding yesterday.

How do we know Henry was his man, by the way? It looked to me from the replay that Rio was covering Adebayor and it was Vidic who was marking open space at the front post when there was already a defender (Heinze I think) there.

If you think Ferdinand is in any way a weak link you're off your head.
Spot on, thought Rio was excellent yesterday.
As for Evra, my word where has he come from, outstanding player

Unread 22-01-2007, 10:15 AM
elephantstone

he has been coasting since Vidic has hit form, Vidic is the one going for the headers, putting his head in when the studs are flying about and throwing his body infront of the ball. This was one game where his concentration had to be 100%

Unread 22-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Johnson

Two glaring mistakes from Rio yesterday , one he just recovered in time and the second cost us the game.

When he's good he's very good but don't tell me he had a good game yesterday

Unread 22-01-2007, 10:19 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson
Two glaring mistakes from Rio yesterday , one he just recovered in time and the second cost us the game.

When he's good he's very good but don't tell me he had a good game yesterday
Again I'd encourage you to have a quick look of the replay rather than listening to Andy Gray and blaming Rio simply because he said he was at fault.

If you see it again you'll notice Rio clearly covering the movement of Adebayor and Vidic standing at the front post next to Heinze, with both players marking thin air.

But it's always Rio's fault, isn't it?

Unread 22-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Whalefish

Heinze has cost us a goal a game ever since he returned from injury.

Thought Vidic played well yesterday but there's no way Eboue should have been allowed to get that cross in. Which is a pity since Evra had a terrific match.

Unread 22-01-2007, 10:28 AM
S/Side.Red

Here's the goal:

It's hard to see the picture too well, but take a look at the buildup in the replay, it is quite clear that Henry is Vidic's man, whereas Rio is covering Adebayor.

It is Vidic who decides not to mark up properly, and Rio is left with two men.

It must be said - the reason Vidic appears anxious to cover the cross coming in is because Heinze is caught well out of position.

Unread 22-01-2007, 10:30 AM
puressence

massivly overated

Unread 22-01-2007, 10:31 AM
S/Side.Red

Superb debating skills, as usual.

Unread 22-01-2007, 10:33 AM
puressence

ferdinand 6 ft 4 and great build ........

why is he always muscled out by attackers and why does he always get beat in the air ..........

Unread 22-01-2007, 10:36 AM
S/Side.Red

Well he did brilliantly to outmuscle Henry at one stage with some first rate defending and got his head to most balls throughout the afternoon.

I repeat, Henry was Vidic's man.
Closed Thread