United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread

Unread 20-05-2008, 02:40 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Do you think he's considerably better than Wes/Hargreaves in the position?
Not at the moment, but he has all the characteristics & shown the progression the last 12 months to certainly grow into it. He's 24 in August, not exactly over the hill.

Wes is the better defender, but I've said previously that it depends on what you expect from your defence. Neville, if fit & back to form is the ideal right back for our club & team because he gets forward, over laps, keeps his discipline while never shirking a tackle & can play a little bit as well. Not to mention his much improved crossing. Wes is still margainly off the pace of ability in a purely footballing sense. Harsh maybe but he's no Evra in the ability stakes is he.

I can see Johnson's defensive qualities improving again next year, Tony Adams said before the cup final that he needed a bit of an arm round him & I recall the mental B&Q theft thing so he seems a little bit a prat, but on the pitch I think he could be top drawer. Plus, he's not a midget (he's 5' 11"), which seems to be something effecting our side recently!

Hargreaves is a midfielder, I don't entertain putting him at right back unless it's for cover.

Unread 20-05-2008, 02:40 PM
dunk

Alves' agent has said he wants to stay in Spain.

Unread 21-05-2008, 12:33 PM
Baron

20m bid rejected from someone... linkage

Quote:
Jose Maria del Nido has confirmed that Sevilla have rejected a 25million (20million) bid for Daniel Alves and stated that he would only be allowed to leave if an acceptable offer was received.

The Andalucian club's president was adamant that once again the highly-rated Brazilian would not be sold on the cheap, only a year after rejecting 36million from Chelsea.

Barcelona are believed to be in the driving seat, but Manchester United and Juventus are also monitoring the situation, but Del Nido has stated that he will not open up a bidding contest.

"It is the same storm that happens ever summer. I have already said clearly what our position is. We are not going auction him. Nor am I going to state an asking price," Del Nido told reporters.

Interest
"We have already had interest from Spanish, Italian and English clubs and we have rejected an offer of 25m. He will only leave if we receive an offer that compares to what we believe he is worth."

Barcelona are considering buying Fernando Navarro back from Mallorca in order to offer him to Sevilla as a sweetener after Del Nido admitted that he is a player that they are interested in last week.

"If a team offers us a player as part of things that the technical secretary and his staff are interested in then of course we would accept that," he said.

Futures
The futures of midfielder Seydou Keita and Christian Poulsen are not in Sevilla's hands, Del Nido then explained, because both players have buy-out clauses in their contracts.

"If anybody wants to sign them then they will have to meet those amounts," the president said. "Negotiating a higher amont for us is impossible. When (Keita) joined a 14m buy-out clause seemed a lot because we paid only 4m."
20m right back? I know he's good, he really is... but fuck off.

Unread 21-05-2008, 12:36 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Puts United on full alert!!!!!
I love transfer season.
Closed Thread