United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-03-2008, 04:58 PM
Rhodzy

Default Fergie sign him up

Quote:
Former Manchester United striker David Bellion has had much praise for Sir Alex Ferguson during an exclusive interview with setantasports.com.

The 25-year-old is shining for Les Girondins in Ligue 1, scoring 11 goals for the second-placed team so far this season.

The attacker spoke about his years at Old Trafford, from 2003 to 2005, as well as his eventual return to England in the future.

Bellion has expressed his admiration for his former manager and revealed that the Scot sent him a letter to encourage him after he was transferred to Nice.

“He’s a great man,” Bellion told setantasports.com.

“Sometimes you leave a club and have bad memories of a coach, but despite not playing much - which would be a reason for criticising him because you’re frustrated - I can’t because he’s always been great to me.

“The contact is easy with him because he is close to the players.

“I’m trying to be as honest as I can in my life and about the history I had with Manchester United, I never had any problem with that coach and he always supported me, even when I left he’s done great things.

“He sent me a letter once when I was at Nice, to say “keep going”. He doesn’t need to do such things, regarding all the things he has achieved, so you can see that he has class.

“For me that’s the sign of elegance and class.”

The striker was then asked about his best memories at United.

“Training everyday with the likes of Ryan Giggs, Roy Keane, Rio Ferdinand, all the players that I met is a good experience,” he added.

“You know what they’re worth on the pitch: they’re great players, but they’re great men as well. Meeting them, discussing with them, having lunch with them are great memories.

“They are very professional people, dedicated and in a word they are good people."

Bellion was then asked if he plans to return to The Premier League at some stage in his career with a higher status than the one he had when he left.

“No, because I never think about the future,” he declared. “You always have to prepare the future, but I live in the present and I never thought: 'one day I will show you that I can play'.

“I think I was good enough to play. But there were people that were maybe better at the time. Who knows? But right now I’m very happy and settled at Bordeaux and we’re doing a great season.

“I’d like to stay here but you never know where life will bring you."

The Frenchman continues to follow The Red Devils’ games from his homeland.

“I love my old club and at the end of the day you are still interested in their results because I think it’s a part of your history.

“I watch them when it’s a nice game of course, but there are some games that I don’t want to watch but I play football and when I watch it on TV, I want to enjoy myself, having food and watching United against Liverpool or Arsenal.

“I’ve always been a Premier League fan even before playing there. First of all I like to play, to kick a ball, but the English league is very exciting."

When asked if he was a Manchester United fan, Bellion said: “Well, I’m not there with a flag but I keep a special feeling for them, as well as for Sunderland and Nice.

“I still have friends who play in the team.”

Unread 05-03-2008, 04:59 PM
1MUFC

Words cant describe how much i hate 'sign him up'

Unread 05-03-2008, 05:11 PM
borsuk

it's interesting that no ex-players ever have a word to say against fergie, whatever the circumstances of their leaving.

Unread 05-03-2008, 05:35 PM
koppas

Ruud had a pop. Kinda.

Unread 05-03-2008, 05:41 PM
SilverSurfer

Paul McGrath did, but then regretted it. But otherwise, no I can't think of many. In Bellion's case he should be forever truly thankful that someone of Fergie's stature ever thought he'd make a top level footballer.

Unread 05-03-2008, 05:43 PM
wonky no

its fucking amazing how an explayer can talk so warmly about a manager that could be accused of holding back his career (in the players eyes) yet a fair amount of numpties on here and the infidels board slag him.

it flabbers my gaster

Unread 05-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Toilet sniffer V

We made him a millionaire and probably paid him a fortune to go. No wonder he has good memories.

Unread 05-03-2008, 07:19 PM
MUFC One Love

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet sniffer V
We made him a millionaire and probably paid him a fortune to go. No wonder he has good memories.

You can always rely on Sniffer to come up with a quick funny reply.

Unread 05-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Tumescent Throb

Reading stuff like that really brings home the total and absolute envy I feel for those players who have proved good enough or shown eye-catching promise enough to make the greatest football manager of my time take them to play for the greatest football club in the world and live the dream alongside some of the greatest players the English (and world) game has ever seen.

In a parallel universe I am playing right wing for United and Ferguson has just shouted for me to keep playing football

Unread 05-03-2008, 08:06 PM
JakeB

Bosnich did!

Closed Thread