United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Mr_Ed

Default "Paul Ince is the hottest young manager in English football "

Now... I'm not denying that the bloke hasn't done a good job. He got Macclesfield to safety last season and is doing good things with Milton Keynes but I believe he's been in management for 12 months only... is he really worthy of a job in the Premiership - of a club that won't be in it come the summer?

Surely this is what is wrong with football these days - people with limited experience get effectively one of the top 20 positions in management after only 12 months?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7113523.stm

Unread 26-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Now... I'm not denying that the bloke hasn't done a good job. He got Macclesfield to safety last season and is doing good things with Milton Keynes but I believe he's been in management for 12 months only... is he really worthy of a job in the Premiership - of a club that won't be in it come the summer?

Surely this is what is wrong with football these days - people with limited experience get effectively one of the top 20 positions in management after only 12 months?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7113523.stm
To be fair he has done an exceptional job thus far.

Certainly far more deserving than a job in the Premiership than the likes of Southgate and Pearce

I take your point though. It's good to see him going the proper route and learning his trade. He'd be better off leaving the Derby job for the time being.

Unread 26-11-2007, 04:51 PM
dodger

Get Capello to "groom" him

Unread 26-11-2007, 06:25 PM
wonky no

keane is a prem manager after 12 months (ish)
Hughes was an international manager after 5 mins of hanging up his boots.

pearce.........

keegan......

yes, it is the problem

Unread 26-11-2007, 06:28 PM
MrBishi

Macclesfield fans attribute most of their turnaround to Mathias. It was him who did the coaching & the shouting and organising on the touchline. If Ince goes somewhere without him he'll get found out.
Closed Thread