United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread

Unread 13-11-2007, 08:53 AM
The Return of JC

Default Interesting article in The Guardian.

Basically telling everyone to calm the fuck down re United and Arsenal.

While you may disagree with certain details, I think the sentiment is valid.

We've slagged Arsenal's press coverage over the last few weeks, but this recent crap about our side being the best under Fergie's tutorship is equally silly after a 10 game run.

Huge potential in both squads, but it's not even Christmas yet.

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/20...d_lets_no.html

Unread 13-11-2007, 08:57 AM
thatsfuctit

I agree citey / verminesque giddyness is premature.

But i think the point ferie made was that it was "the strongest squad" not the best team.

Unread 13-11-2007, 08:59 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
but this recent crap about our side being the best under Fergie's tutorship is equally silly after a 10 game run.
That'd be a more valid criticism if anyone had said this I'd suggest.

Unread 13-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Scabs

Fair enough but the comments about the squad are, I think, valid and Arsenal are an exciting side at the moment. Early days, but an interesting Spring to come, I think.

Unread 13-11-2007, 09:00 AM
Scabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabs
Fair enough but the comments about the squad are, I think, valid and Arsenal are an exciting side at the moment. Early days, but an interesting Spring to come, I think.
I don't think that's being giddy, is it?

Unread 13-11-2007, 09:21 AM
Mr_Ed

I think early January will be the time to talk properly about this.

I remember back in 97 in October/Novemeber we hit 7 past Barnsley and 6 past Sheff Wed and we were on fire... we won cock all that season.

Let's see how the table looks after Christmas. I don't think Chelsea will mind one bit that they're not even being talked about.

Unread 13-11-2007, 09:29 AM
Billy Baroo

ferguson is quite within his rights to offer the opinion that this is his best squad, he is in a rather good position to comment

i see the media have turned it into a ridiculous boast that arsezil 70 shoved back down his throat last night

arsenals comments aren't boastful though, oh no, they're the best ever innit

Unread 13-11-2007, 09:55 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
ferguson is quite within his rights to offer the opinion that this is his best squad, he is in a rather good position to comment
Exactly my thoughts. He's just saying what he see's in this squad which he's perfectly entitled to.

Unread 13-11-2007, 10:10 AM
Tumescent Throb

This is potentially the best ever squad I've seen at United.

And they are playing as well as they did at times last season, yet it still feels to me that they're only in 2nd gear most of the time.

I think we are going to see the best football we've - most of us, anyway - ever seen consistently from a United team.

As the article says though, the CL is one fucked up competition and there are no guarantees that a very good team won't have only that to focus on again come Spring.

The difference this time though will hopefully be that we will have a more sensible level of injuries at that time and still be able to put a proper fucking defence out!

Brazil 1970 are also playing good football. Currently they are matching the champions, so they deserve credit for that.

Unread 13-11-2007, 10:18 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC

We've slagged Arsenal's press coverage over the last few weeks, but this recent crap about our side being the best under Fergie's tutorship is equally silly after a 10 game run.
so its silly for saf to pass judgement on the players he is working with?
Closed Thread