United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Unread 08-03-2018, 08:18 AM
woody78

The wife is meeting the prime minister today.

More laws getting changed for domestic violence

Unread 08-03-2018, 08:19 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
The wife is meeting the prime minister today.

More laws getting changed for domestic violence
....meanwhile, the tories are cutting housing benefit payments to women in refuges

Unread 08-03-2018, 08:31 AM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
....meanwhile, the tories are cutting housing benefit payments to women in refuges
I know.

That's part of another one of her campaigns.

One step at a time

Unread 08-03-2018, 08:33 AM
waynes ear's

no chance you can ask Mrs Woody to give her a cheeky but violent dig in the throat?

Unread 08-03-2018, 08:39 AM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
no chance you can ask Mrs Woody to give her a cheeky but violent dig in the throat?

I'll pass on the message

Unread 08-03-2018, 08:54 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
i hate myself for even wasting bandwidth on the guardian. opened it on the toilet this morning and the headline news was it's women's day. It's just a women's magazine now and I'm a mug for going to it.
Yesterday they had an advert praising the Crown Prince or whatever of Saudi Arabia. Who is of course famously keen on women's rights. They're mental.

Anyway, there's no International Sexists' Day is there? Bloody discrimination. No-one ever thinks of the sexists.

Unread 08-03-2018, 08:59 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
i hate myself for even wasting bandwidth on the guardian. opened it on the toilet this morning and the headline news was it's women's day. It's just a women's magazine now and I'm a mug for going to it.
Guardian pick comment from 'Transboi'

Quote:
Happy International Womens Day to ALL Women/Girls out there, but especially to those in the LGBTIQ Community and in Particular the More Often then Not Overlooked Trans Girls/Boys/Men/Women out there.

If Your Young Hang in there and Dont be Afraid, if Your Old Dont be afraid to help the Young when they need it.

Most of all be Proud of who You Are - LGBTIQ Or Not - Women United.

Especially the type of special woman I am. Less MeToo than MEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

The Graun is a poison, these days. No better than the Mail for spreading lies and hysteria: whatever makes money for them.

Unread 08-03-2018, 09:03 AM
flixton

And yet women live longer than men. Surely the greatest inequality of all?

Unread 08-03-2018, 09:05 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Guardian pick comment from 'Transboi'

Especially the type of special woman I am. Less MeToo than MEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

The Graun is a poison, these days. No better than the Mail for spreading lies and hysteria: whatever makes money for them.
Sounds dangerously like you're suggesting women are physically different to men there, Adolf.

Unread 08-03-2018, 09:06 AM
Cream

Meanwhile, over at the Institute of Directors...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ullying-claims

Quote:
The chair of one of Britain’s most influential business groups has temporarily stepped aside amid an investigation into alleged bullying and racist comments she allegedly made about staff.

Barbara Judge, 71, chair of the Institute of Directors, is facing 41 allegations, which also include sexism

The draft report, according to the Times, found that Lady Judge made racist statements about staff, such as “blacks can get aggressive”. She is also alleged to have bullied her assistant and reduced her to tears on several occasions.
lol.