United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread

Unread 03-05-2007, 04:25 PM
S/Side.Red

Default Gattuso's open letter in the Italian press

Not a huge fan of the guy, but I thought this was interesting.

This is an open letter, written by Gennaro Gattuso, which was published in the Corriere della Sera on Monday morning:

Milan will play a decisive encounter on Wednesday evening. Ever since I have worn this great club's shirt, I have played in so many of these high-tension games that I don't remember them all. Against Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo, Rooney and Giggs we Rossoneri will hold the honour of Italian football high, but also render our history more prestigious because no one has played four quarter-finals in the last five years of the Champions League. If we manage to overcome last week's defeat at Old Trafford then we have the possibility to play in a third final. Considering all the problems over the last year, it is a miracle to have arrived here. Milan were forced to start from the preliminary round which changed the preparation, with us world champions called back from our vacation. We paid for what was an injustice. Then we had lots of injuries (Nesta, Kaladze, Kaká, Inzaghi, me too), but in spite of everything, nobody has yet been successful in sinking us. Now we have a chance of knocking out a side like Manchester United and it will take something special: the help of our fans.

We will put in pride, passion and experience. However, our fans will have to give something more. We want an atmosphere like Old Trafford last Tuesday, heated and correct. Manchester United were in difficulty and after the break the crowd got behind them and dragged them to victory. Also in the name of my team-mates, we call on the San Siro to give us that final push to Athens. Give us a hand in our difficult moments against a great side like [Sir] Alex Ferguson's, don't let us down. We can take this historical assault together, we will go to Athens together. Then if, even if we with our desire to do something special, Manchester United demonstrate they are stronger than us, we will accept that verdict sportingly. At the end, we have won something important. Remember the official communication from UEFA at the start of the season that they would keep an eye on our games and our behaviour? I, like the whole dressing room, still feel bad about that. However, it's wonderful that UEFA, in the person of Michel Platini, has acknowledged our efforts and our correctness. He said that the game at Old Trafford between us and Manchester United has been a beautiful advert for football. We have taken a moral revenge and it would appeal to us to make another advert and turn things around at the San Siro, with our victory. And if you, fans and friends, get behind us for ninety minutes, then maybe we will make it.

Unread 03-05-2007, 04:32 PM
Fountz

Just hope they're up for it as much on May 23rd.

Unread 03-05-2007, 04:56 PM
puressence

legend i fooking love gattuso

Unread 03-05-2007, 05:06 PM
TreeFiddy

They better fucking show up against the dippers. Gattuso is a fantastic player though. Great attitude too. Still, he's no Roy Keane.

Unread 03-05-2007, 05:21 PM
magic_cantona

My worry is like everyone elses.

It's United, it matters.It's Liverpool, we don't really need to try that hard.Do we?

Unread 03-05-2007, 05:25 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
It's United, it matters.It's Liverpool, we don't really need to try that hard.Do we?
That won't be their attitude. Not after last time.

Still, that doesn't mean they'll win. Liverpool will suck the life out the game and ruin it giving Milan less chance of playing like they did last night.

Unread 03-05-2007, 05:29 PM
Cantona's collar

I think the difference for Liverpool in the second half of that horrible night was the introduction of Hamann, like us last night Liverpool where crying out for someone who could put his weight about in midfield, unfortunately we have no one like that hence them bossing the midfield.

Liverpool no longer have anyone to do that (Sissoko maybe) so hopefully Milan will be able to do what they should have done 2 years ago.

Unread 03-05-2007, 05:29 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
That won't be their attitude. Not after last time.

Still, that doesn't mean they'll win. Liverpool will suck the life out the game and ruin it giving Milan less chance of playing like they did last night.
Agree.

Liverpool 1 (Alonso 84) - Milan 0.

Something like that.

Unread 03-05-2007, 05:31 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantona's collar
I think the difference for Liverpool in the second half of that horrible night was the introduction of Hamann, like us last night Liverpool where crying out for someone who could put his weight about in midfield, unfortunately we have no one like that hence them bossing the midfield.

Liverpool no longer have anyone to do that (Sissoko maybe) so hopefully Milan will be able to do what they should have done 2 years ago.
Mascherano should be good enough to get in amongst them and win the ball.

Unread 03-05-2007, 05:31 PM
MJ Ramone

If Milan play like they did last night in the Final it'll be at least 3-0...& there won't be any referee influenced 'comebacks' & penalty shoot-out scab fests either.

I was praying that we'd win last night so we could put the dippers in their place, but now that responsibility lies with Milan.
Liverpool simply must not be allowed to make it '6 Times'....it'd be unbearable.
Closed Thread