Question Gift giving

The giving of gifts.

An age old custom.

Imo a man should be the giver, never the wanter

But whatever.

What are your gift giving skills like?

Are you a coupon man?
or do you put some thought into it?
are you romantic with your gifts for your SO?
Have you ever made a gift (as an adult)?

Yes, no, no, no for me. I'm hopeless.

Unread 28-02-2018, 08:38 AM
jaffo

I'm not bad at it. I used to put more thought into it if I'm honest. Nearly twenty nine years together means I'm running out of ideas maybe

Still get flowers pretty regularly and I've just got tickets to Hamilton as a surprise.

Never made a gift unless putting up shelves counts? I certainly didn't want to do it

Unread 28-02-2018, 08:40 AM
believe

Can go either way for me, itís all or nothing. I do like the idea of giving gifts I just hate the process of buying them.

Unread 28-02-2018, 08:45 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Can go either way for me, itís all or nothing. I do like the idea of giving gifts I just hate the process of buying them.
it's the ideas I struggle with. wife said she used to have some those fancy mineral rocks when she was a girl. So I bought her a fucking rock. I am going to hand over a rock on her birthday. That's the best I can come up with. it wasn't cheap either.

Unread 28-02-2018, 08:54 AM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
it's the ideas I struggle with. wife said she used to have some those fancy mineral rocks when she was a girl. So I bought her a f***ing rock. I am going to hand over a rock on her birthday. That's the best I can come up with. it wasn't cheap either.
At least you will bhave able to crawl under it from time to time.

Unread 28-02-2018, 08:54 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
it's the ideas I struggle with. wife said she used to have some those fancy mineral rocks when she was a girl. So I bought her a fucking rock. I am going to hand over a rock on her birthday. That's the best I can come up with. it wasn't cheap either.
at least youíre not talking about buying gifts for your mates ^

Unread 28-02-2018, 08:57 AM
guerreiro

Hate the pressure of finding something, especially for someone who literally canít stop buying shit for herself nonstop. After years of togetherness, youíve pretty much worked through everything.

Actually wifeís birthday tomorrow and I was in a fancy birds clothes shop and met a school mum in there (pretty fit one). She praised me to high heaven as her husband only gives her gift vouchers for the same shop.

Unread 28-02-2018, 09:04 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Hate the pressure of finding something, especially for someone who literally canít stop buying shit for herself nonstop. After years of togetherness, youíve pretty much worked through everything.

Actually wifeís birthday tomorrow and I was in a fancy birds clothes shop and met a school mum in there (pretty fit one). She praised me to high heaven as her husband only gives her gift vouchers for the same shop.
consider yourself lucky, I only ever bump in to Jem

Unread 28-02-2018, 09:29 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
at least youíre not talking about buying gifts for your mates ^
i meant to include that question in op. who the fuck buys gifts for their mates?

happy birthday dave, i bought you a jumper

Unread 28-02-2018, 09:46 AM
doudou

Quote:
So you're saying you're happy enough to give and receive?

Very progressive.