United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Unread 24-02-2018, 11:40 PM
armchair

guys, I appreciate it and you are all being lovely but it's a relief for me. imo his soul left his body a long time ago.

I don't recognise whatever has possessed him for the last year or so. I prefer to remember him when he was at the top of his game.

Unread 24-02-2018, 11:57 PM
Switching Off

Sorry to hear that Armers, all the best.

Unread 25-02-2018, 12:00 AM
ScarFace

What a nightmare.

Unread 25-02-2018, 12:00 AM
sub three hours

I lost my Dad in a simiilar fashion armers. Dementia is horrible, i'm sorry for your loss and the way it happened.

Unread 25-02-2018, 12:03 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
guys, I appreciate it and you are all being lovely but it's a relief for me. imo his soul left his body a long time ago.

I don't recognise whatever has possessed him for the last year or so. I prefer to remember him when he was at the top of his game.
The loss of bond (two way at least) is a difficult thing to understand. Hoping I don't have to go through it with my old queen. Not that cancer etc would be a barrel of laughs.

I noticed a mother's day promo in the supermarket earlier, the missus jumped and said 'oh shit, when??'. But her mother's dead. I tried to make light of it, but it's fucking shit really. Everything's fucking shit.

RIP

Unread 25-02-2018, 12:06 AM
armchair

it's a weird thing. I was there last night and felt like a psychopath because i was relieved he died but suddenly since i posted this thread i haven't stopped crying

Unread 25-02-2018, 12:09 AM
Cream

Thumbs up

Quote:
it's a weird thing. I was there last night and felt like a psychopath because i was relieved he died but suddenly since i posted this thread i haven't stopped crying
Get it all out.

Unread 25-02-2018, 12:14 AM
guerreiro

Condolences, my Wife’s father has been put in care for the same thing, truly horrible.

Unread 25-02-2018, 12:29 AM
BarryX

Quote:

I hear what you're saying and my sincere condolences, nonetheless.

One thing I've noticed about the majority of elderly people who I've known that have made it into their nineties and beyond, is their strong will and a desire to still do things they love. Guess dementia totally f***s with that will and desire. Remember seeing my old boy when he'd had a second stroke and it was horrible - like a zombie, he was, and totally unrecognisable from the man we loved and who loved to life to the the full. So I understand where you're coming from and why he ended it not long afterwards.

RIP Armchair Snr.

Unread 25-02-2018, 12:30 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Pal, lost my mum to this just before Christmas. Very confusing emotions- relief and sadness. Hugely difficult disease to understand. I wanted my mum to die for about a year - so so weird to even type it - you end up saying goodbye at each stage of the illness. They become the living dead. Awful shit.

Overwhelming relief now rather than sadness- you’ll get to the same place soon enough.

Best wishes.