United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Music
Reply
 
Unread 16-02-2018, 10:43 PM
rubbernecker
 
Default 12 inch vintage remixes

Recently found this mix of an time classic and it's A very good remix by Tom Moulton.Always had time for Tom if not all his stuff.He is credited as originator of the remix , breakdown section and the 12 incher but admits the last two were accidents.Always sympathetic to the original and just added layers or dragged it out a bit instead of creating a different record


Some records were over too soon and Tom was cool for the extra minutes without fucking things up

 
Unread 16-02-2018, 10:55 PM
Mr_Ed
 
Default

I'm going to say the perfecto mix of Unfinished Sympathy and sit back knowing nothing comes close.

 
Unread 16-02-2018, 11:02 PM
rubbernecker
 
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I'm going to say the perfecto mix of Unfinished Sympathy and sit back knowing nothing comes close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp-bTSHH0yY
Marvellous but if i'm honest I prefer my unfinished sympathy with the vid which may be my favourite video of all time. I find it hard to separate the two

Give The Temptations and Tom a go
 
Unread 16-02-2018, 11:05 PM
Mr_Ed
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Marvellous but if i'm honest I prefer my unfinished sympathy with the vid which may be my favourite video of all time. I find it hard to separate the two

Give The Temptations and Tom a go
Apparently the original vid was filmed in one hit
 
Unread 16-02-2018, 11:18 PM
rubbernecker
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Apparently the original vid was filmed in one hit
That's what I love about it .The energy the buzz the sheer fuckoffness of it

Flying off on a tangent here but this is one that nicks samples 'sympathy' in a way I like but mixes in with the Stones and Amelie so hardly vintage

 
Unread 16-02-2018, 11:42 PM
waynes ear's
 
Default

Lasts til about 6:50

 
Unread 16-02-2018, 11:45 PM
My Name is Keith
 
Default

That edit (rubberneckers) was included in g wilsonís Essential mix - possibly the best essential mix of all time. Certainly my favourite and Iím a house tech affecionado. Unbelievable mix tbh.

Goes into fools gold after that iirc.

Will link it up at some point.

Last edited by My Name is Keith; 16-02-2018 at 11:47 PM.
 
Unread 16-02-2018, 11:57 PM
waynes ear's
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
That edit (rubberneckers) was included in g wilsonís Essential mix - possibly the best essential mix of all time. Certainly my favourite and Iím a house tech affecionado. Unbelievable mix tbh.

Goes into fools gold after that iirc.

Will link it up at some point.
https://m.soundcloud.com/gregwilson/...or-bbc-radio-1

Love this. About 1 hr 10 in keithers

Last edited by waynes ear's; 17-02-2018 at 12:00 AM.
 
Unread 17-02-2018, 12:04 AM
My Name is Keith
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
https://m.soundcloud.com/gregwilson/...or-bbc-radio-1

Love this. About 1 hr 10 in keithers
Waynes knows

pal, 1hr 10 is the money shot.

But Also 1:38 pal. Absolute drool tastic. Understated excellence. Aural sex.
 
Unread 17-02-2018, 12:13 AM
waynes ear's
 
Default

Not bullshitting but had that mix on earlier when i was lifting floorboards. Class from start to finish
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: 12 inch vintage remixes
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Favourite remixes/covers silv Music 54 22-09-2017 10:45 AM
New KITES Demo. remixes etc Stakker Music 2 28-11-2011 07:41 PM
Baracuta Vintage Fit Hooded Vintage G9 Harrington Skag Trendy Off Topic 17 24-08-2009 04:46 PM
Stone Roses -The Remixes. MUFC One Love Music 15 14-09-2007 11:18 AM
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:33 PM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2018 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.