Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Other Sports & Fitness

Unread 14-02-2018, 04:25 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
burn more calories than you consume
drink 2-3 litres of water a day
try and move a bit more than you do now
See i'm doing stuff everyday that gets me out of breath for 20 to 30 mins. Weights 2 times a week. Drink loads of water. Not drinking booze. It's just happening really slowly and wondering if there was any tips...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Nope.

Unread 14-02-2018, 04:30 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Nope.

I was doing regular boxing/running yet somehow bulking up, then cut meat out and within a month or two had shed all that mass, around 10kg. Tbf could be because the meat over here is basically hormones and water.

Unread 14-02-2018, 04:33 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
See i'm doing stuff everyday that gets me out of breath for 20 to 30 mins. Weights 2 times a week. Drink loads of water. Not drinking booze. It's just happening really slowly and wondering if there was any tips...

i bet you are...

have you tried intermittent fasting? i do 18:6, which basically means i eat in a 6 hour window from 1pm-7pm every day, and fast for 18 hours from 7pm-1pm the following day.

try it, it works. it also has more health benefits than just weight loss. it's pretty easy to stick to, too.

Unread 14-02-2018, 04:36 PM
Cream

Quote:

Buy some decent cushioned running shoes, half size bigger than your normal trainers.

Try and fit in some long, slow, 'fat burning' runs. An hour running well within yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd

I was doing regular boxing/running yet somehow bulking up, then cut meat out and within a month or two had shed all that mass, around 10kg. Tbf could be because the meat over here is basically hormones and water.
How much of that was fat?

I cram a lot of chocolate and crisps in me tbf.

Unread 14-02-2018, 04:37 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
i bet you are...

have you tried intermittent fasting? i do 18:6, which basically means i eat in a 6 hour window from 1pm-7pm every day, and fast for 18 hours from 7pm-1pm the following day.

try it, it works. it also has more health benefits than just weight loss. it's pretty easy to stick to, too.
Don't mind this charlatan. I swear I put on weight with the fasting shite. Was making up for lost time in the eating zone.
Fucking starving out of my mind every morning too.

Unread 14-02-2018, 04:38 PM
Bunker Buster

No carbs ? Might work for you.....

As its Lent you coukdvtry the 40 days...

I did it a few years ago, cut out bread for 40 days....

Should have seen my face when I weighed myself after 40 days and nights, Id had the wife wafting toast under my nose, no sandwhich, no fucking joy for 40 days.

SHAZAM - 2 lbs

Honestly took a hammer to the glass scales.

Could work for you ?

Unread 14-02-2018, 04:39 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Don't mind this charlatan. I swear I put on weight with the fasting shite. Was making up for lost time in the eating zone.
Fucking starving out of my mind every morning too.
you've no will power, you fat, quivering mess.

how hard is it not to eat from 7pm until 1pm the next day? you're asleep for most of it, ffs! just don't snack and skip breakfast.

i can't do it for you, son.

Unread 14-02-2018, 04:40 PM
Harri Jaffa

ok - so running longer I could do. tbh find it quite boring, but if that's the one i'll try it...

Literally no idea about the fasting thing. Had a look online after the thread on here and there's people on both sides of the argument

Quote:
you've no will power, you fat, quivering mess.

how hard is it not to eat from 7pm until 1pm the next day? you're asleep for most of it, ffs! just don't snack and skip breakfast.

i can't do it for you, son.

Unread 14-02-2018, 04:46 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Buy some decent cushioned running shoes, half size bigger than your normal trainers.

Try and fit in some long, slow, 'fat burning' runs. An hour running well within yourself.

How much of that was fat?

I cram a lot of chocolate and crisps in me tbf.
Hard to say really, everything grew roughly in proportion but stomach wasn't in good shape. Within three weeks of going veg/cutting out sweets had maybe shaved 5kg off with another 5kg over the following months. The biggest difference was having a lean stomach again, despite regularly exercising (football, boxing, tennis and sprinting) I hadn't managed that in years.

Unread 14-02-2018, 04:46 PM
Cream

Quote:
ok - so running longer I could do. tbh find it quite boring, but if that's the one i'll try it...

Literally no idea about the fasting thing. Had a look online after the thread on here and there's people on both sides of the argument

Get an audio book on your phone. I used to study languages and philosophy.

Couldn't remember a word of it but keeps you motivated.